Cooks Essentials TSV 13/11/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mr CC reminded me that we once bought a 2 door car and found it a total pain in the neck and wished we'd had a 4 door so now I'm thinking the 2 drawer air fryer might be best. Going to look at Argos before I part with the cash. We have a tiny kitchen but coped with that giant Ninja foodie thing, it just sat on top of the hob and we used that instead of the main cooker so an air fryer would do the same.

CC
That's given me food for thought, cc. I have zero space but if it took over the hob space a 2-drawer one could be the answer.

Just looked at the Asda 2 drawer - reviews saying it's cheaply made and the digital display broke, therefore lots of returns. That was the problem with my Ninja and apparently the digital/sensor bits of them can't be fixed. I think I'm going to look at manual timers, less to break.

CC

That's given me food for thought, cc. I have zero space but if it took over the hob space a 2-drawer one could be the answer.
I am very much out of sight out of mind, and for me it therefore had to be compact and have a small enough footprint that it could be on the counter but still allow me to function in the kitchen. So no 2 drawer one for me.

Aldi have got a 2 drawer one for £49.99 going on sale tomorrow. It is a digital one but there's a 3 year guarantee and Aldi are more than happy to replace things in store or full refund so I think I'm taking a trip there. Hope there's some left by the time I get there!

CC

Mr CC reminded me that we once bought a 2 door car and found it a total pain in the neck and wished we'd had a 4 door so now I'm thinking the 2 drawer air fryer might be best. Going to look at Argos before I part with the cash. We have a tiny kitchen but coped with that giant Ninja foodie thing, it just sat on top of the hob and we used that instead of the main cooker so an air fryer would do the same.

CC
I put my air fryer on a glass chopping board on my hob cos I have a double range that doesn't get used anymore. Could really do with replacing the double with a single cooker and having the extra cupboard and workbench, but that's for another day :D

I put my air fryer on a glass chopping board on my hob cos I have a double range that doesn't get used anymore. Could really do with replacing the double with a single cooker and having the extra cupboard and workbench, but that's for another day :D
I have my induction hob on top of a glass chopping board on top of my 4-ring gas hob, as I've not needed it since I bought the induction hob.

I will be going into Lidl today (if not raining) so will look at their air fryers while I'm there.

Luckily I’ve got quite a lot of work surface in the kitchen and so my Tower air fryer is on that, leaving my hob free for when I need to use it. It’s only a small capacity one with a small footprint but it’s done everything that I’ve needed to do up until now.

However, it’s “fess up” time. I also bought the Cooks Essentials one, while it was such a good price, and that’s also on the work surface. I just moved a sandwich maker into the cupboard, as I didn’t use that much, and the CE air fryer takes up less room than that did.

I decided to buy a second air fryer so that I could cook a whole chicken (impossible in the Tower one) and larger cuts of meat and also to batch cook meals. Technically my electric oven is now redundant and has been for about 18 months, but I now have access to air fryers that will cook meals when the family come round.

Luckily I’ve got quite a lot of work surface in the kitchen and so my Tower air fryer is on that, leaving my hob free for when I need to use it. It’s only a small capacity one with a small footprint but it’s done everything that I’ve needed to do up until now.

However, it’s “fess up” time. I also bought the Cooks Essentials one, while it was such a good price, and that’s also on the work surface. I just moved a sandwich maker into the cupboard, as I didn’t use that much, and the CE air fryer takes up less room than that did.

I decided to buy a second air fryer so that I could cook a whole chicken (impossible in the Tower one) and larger cuts of meat and also to batch cook meals. Technically my electric oven is now redundant and has been for about 18 months, but I now have access to air fryers that will cook meals when the family come round.
I think I've only used my electric oven twice since I got my first air fryer, one of them being Christmas. It's amazing how I can cut up even large pizzas to fit in the fryer. I do the odd stir fry on the hob and poach eggs, but that is really about all. I could certainly do without it if I had to.

Booo went to Aldi today but the 2 drawer fryers were gone. There were 6 single drawer ones but we decided to wait and see if there were any deals in January. We do have a Salter mini oven so we'll have to make do with that - and to be fair it does a good job.

CC

Booo went to Aldi today but the 2 drawer fryers were gone. There were 6 single drawer ones but we decided to wait and see if there were any deals in January. We do have a Salter mini oven so we'll have to make do with that - and to be fair it does a good job.

CC

It might be worth having a look online because a lot of companies have already started their Black Friday deals. I got a really good deal on something today with a company’s Black Friday early bird deals (not another air fryer I hasten to add. 😉) I saved over £120. 👍

For those of you planning to keep your air fryers on the hobs of your cookers; a word of warning.
Do not do this if you have an occasional small person visiting. There is every possibility that said small person will fiddle with your knobs and when you next switch on the cooker at the wall, in order to use the oven to cook pizzas, the ring under the air fryer will come on and melt the bottom of the air fryer. 😞
This, fortunately does not prevent air fryer from working as the plastic is just there to make it look better and internal workings not affected.
The said small person cannot be blamed for the subsequent bottom melting of the dual drawer one we got as an upgrade to the single drawer. Think I managed to move a knob when cleaning.
I’d shoved that one on top of a cooling rack on top of the hob in case of a similar incident. Unfortunately that meant that not only did the bottom of that one melt, but it also ruined a perfectly good cooling rack.
After the latter incident Mr MA put his foot down and after accusing me of trying to burn down the place with him in it, made me reorganise our limited space and find somewhere else for it.
There have been no further incidents. To date.

Hi there

I’ve just posted this in another thread, but repeating here in case anyone has advice!

Am a total air-fryer virgin…!

But very tempted by a v good deal on clearance of the following.

Does anyone have one of these or any thoughts good or bad or advice.

Thank you!

Ninja ON400UK Speedi airfyer and cooker!

It’s a Ninja “Speedi”?
It’s an air fryer as well as many other functions.
Like a foodi without the pressure cooker -
apparently…!

I’ve always resisted getting an air fryer bc I don’t think I could (or have cooked for me… by carer!), the types of food it cooks very often at all.
Though would be perfect for me when I do!

But this also does steaming (my fave) and slow cooking and other cooking methods, and quickly!
[Hmm - does that mean it’s not v good at air-frying?!]

I can’t picture the size/dimensions of it, however?

It’s only me! It’s 5.7L?
And I would like to put it on the (ceramic) oven top/hob to use in place of heating big oven too…

Anyone got one or have any thoughts?!
Reviews are excellent!
It would be £111.97 inc post.

https://www.qvcuk.com/ninja-speedi-10-in-1-57l-rapid-cooker-&-air-fryer-on400uk.product.822655.html

Latest posts

Back