Cooks Essentials TSV 13/11/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was going to go to Lidl as well but that is a really good price for a 2 drawer fryer. But do we need 2 drawers? Well Mr CC would just do chips - and more chips 🍟🍟

CC
I'm just getting the single drawer one for £30 CC, I too am a bit worried I may start living on chips!

Definitely worth having a 2 drawer , fish on one side chips on the other for example
Deanos, can you do sausages/bacon/pies in it? Is it just like those mini ovens but makes food more crispy? My mum has a very small air fryer and it does make lovely oven chips (which I usually hate as they are usually soggy).

CC

Deanos, can you do sausages/bacon/pies in it? Is it just like those mini ovens but makes food more crispy? My mum has a very small air fryer and it does make lovely oven chips (which I usually hate as they are usually soggy).

CC
You can cook loads in a air fryer, I had sausages for tea tonight , we cook chicken , pies , sausages , jacket potatoes are amazing put in microwave for 5 mins and finish off in air fryer for about 20 min , as long as it fits you can cook it basically

I think I might go for the Asda one. They are pretty good at no quibble returns as well if things break down, however, so are Lidl to be fair. I just think if I get the small one I'll end up wishing I'd got the bigger one. I'll have a look next time I'm in.

CC

There was a programme on Channel 4 tonight, repeated from a while back, called Air Fryers: Are They Worth It? I haven’t watched it yet but to be honest, even if they say no, I’ll still say yes, for me! It’ll be on All4 if you’re interested.

CC
Sausages done in a air frier are the dogs doodahs.
We do pies in ours on the bake setting.
Generally if it can be cooked in an oven, it can be cooked in a air fryer.

I bought the instant vortex from Argos back early this year (vouchers for Christmas) I rarely use my oven, but thanks to this little beauty I am eating well. Really easy to clean too and very quick compared to the big oven.

Definitely worth having a 2 drawer , fish on one side chips on the other for example
I don't think I've ever used my 2 drawers at the same time. But I have put the food into one drawer and accidentally turned on the other one, then when the timer sounds and it turns off after 20 minutes or so I am faced with a cold pasty etc :(

Aldi doing a double drawer one too
( don’t think it has the match / sync function of the ninja though )

IMG_5959.png

CC
Hi CC,
Pies are amazing in the fryer. I hated doing them in the oven as mine takes a ridiculous amount of time to heat up so we rarely had them, much to my other half's disgust. So now he can have pies whenever he wants, so quick and no more soggy bottoms. Frozen fish and chips are so much better than done in the oven. I would most definitely get another one if mine gave up the ghost. Two drawers are handy when doing 2 things that require different temperatures or times.

Hmmmm, I need to get one. Definitely a trip to Asda on the cards and if they don't have any I'll nip over to Lidl.

CC

I'm just getting the single drawer one for £30 CC, I too am a bit worried I may start living on chips!
I cook anything from a whole chicken, lamb chops, finish off a macaroni cheese, salmon steaks,chips etc etc etc

Ok , I'm in a right do -da over this air fryer lark now!! Need advice please....
I live alone, love cooking, use slow cooker and freeze lots, eat fairly healthily, don't eat pastry that often, love a roast!
recommendations please, single or double drawer air fryer?? I don't have a big kitchen and don't like stuff left out on the worktops. Any advice welcomed. Thanks everyone.

Ok , I'm in a right do -da over this air fryer lark now!! Need advice please....
I live alone, love cooking, use slow cooker and freeze lots, eat fairly healthily, don't eat pastry that often, love a roast!
recommendations please, single or double drawer air fryer?? I don't have a big kitchen and don't like stuff left out on the worktops. Any advice welcomed. Thanks everyone.
The double drawer ones take a lot of space (I have the Ninja) but I now wish I'd bought a smaller single drawer. But make sure it has all the functions you need eg air fry, bake, roast etc and possibly dehydrate.

Mr CC reminded me that we once bought a 2 door car and found it a total pain in the neck and wished we'd had a 4 door so now I'm thinking the 2 drawer air fryer might be best. Going to look at Argos before I part with the cash. We have a tiny kitchen but coped with that giant Ninja foodie thing, it just sat on top of the hob and we used that instead of the main cooker so an air fryer would do the same.

CC

Latest posts

Back