Coping with life's tragedies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i don't have anything against LE...in fact, truth be told, for a long time i have been quite impressed with her as a good role model for women and entrepreneurs but now, as her integrity comes under scrutiny, i am becoming more and more of the opinion that she does great PR...while i do not wish anything untoward to her, i feel that she has created and cashed in her business, not been as frank and open as she likes to suggest and since she started there are now far better products out there. sites like these are great as hopefully those new to LE will stumble across it and not fall for the LE hype without knowing the other side of the story but also we can share our tips about other great products out there that not only rival but beat LE's hands down.

that said, my sense of justice is not fully satisfied!!! i do feel a little annoyed that LE has gained so much and never really been embarrassed by her own failings....to that end she is far too slick and smug for my liking!!!

i don't have anything against LE...in fact, truth be told, for a long time i have been quite impressed with her as a good role model for women and entrepreneurs but now, as her integrity comes under scrutiny, i am becoming more and more of the opinion that she does great PR...while i do not wish anything untoward to her, i feel that she has created and cashed in her business, not been as frank and open as she likes to suggest and since she started there are now far better products out there. sites like these are great as hopefully those new to LE will stumble across it and not fall for the LE hype without knowing the other side of the story but also we can share our tips about other great products out there that not only rival but beat LE's hands down.

that said, my sense of justice is not fully satisfied!!! i do feel a little annoyed that LE has gained so much and never really been embarrassed by her own failings....to that end she is far too slick and smug for my liking!!!

great post, and whilst i dont really like to see people having their bubble burst i do think that events over the past year or so have really caught up with the LE "brand".

the sell out to Avon is STILL unknown or at best unclear to many of her fans - you can see this from the comments and questions on the FB page and as soon as people do find out they start making very valid points about how a company with such ethics as LE can be owned by a company which doesnt share those ethics.

The blatant denial and bare faced lying into the camera about the formulations not changing have done them no favours. i really dont know whether a smidge of almond oil could make the difference between your mascara coming off or not but what i DO know is that a representative of the company appreared on QVC and lied to the audience. that's against the rules and against the law and yet no-one seems to have taken them to task over it.

the whole beauty bible affair from the other week left a very bad taste in the mouth. why is the author of a book which is supposed to be offering impartial reviews on a whole range of brands appearing with the spokesperson for one of those brands on a shopping channel ? quite apart from the fact that this "bible" only asks 10 people to rate each product (hardly a reassuring sample size) they must surely see what this looks like to the viewer/customer? if LE has no morals then you'd at least expect her to have the nous to see that this looked WRONG.

finally, yesterdays PR disaster over the models who were polling up at the LE room in erin o'conners "model sanctuary" at london fashion week where "Once again the house was awash with beautiful young things, all eagerly awaiting treatments and food". did no-one in LE's PR team look at this see how it could be misconstrued? when LE sits on QVC and looks straight down the camera with that half smile/half frown of concern like mother ****** theresa with a soft focus halo round her head and a caller says how loyal they are to the brand, how theyve encouraged other people to use it, how they have an illness and its helped in some way do we really expect her to nod and make all the right noises only to then hop off to london fashion week and start doling out goodies to what are probably the least deserving group of narcissists you could ever wish to find? if this one incident doesnt show up this brand for what it really is, i.e a money making engine for liz earle, then i dont know what does.

ethical beauty? youre not going to find it at Liz Earle.

Last edited:
Which is precisley why I won't touch her stuff now with a barge pole.Quite frankly I am disgusted at her but shes so high & mighty & full of herself she won't care a jot.

The blatant denial and bare faced lying into the camera about the formulations not changing have done them no favours. i really dont know whether a smidge of almond oil could make the difference between your mascara coming off or not but what i DO know is that a representative of the company appreared on QVC and lied to the audience. that's against the rules and against the law and yet no-one seems to have taken them to task over it.

the whole beauty bible affair from the other week left a very bad taste in the mouth. why is the author of a book which is supposed to be offering impartial reviews on a whole range of brands appearing with the spokesperson for one of those brands on a shopping channel ? quite apart from the fact that this "bible" only asks 10 people to rate each product (hardly a reassuring sample size) they must surely see what this looks like to the viewer/customer? if LE has no morals then you'd at least expect her to have the nous to see that this looked WRONG.

finally, yesterdays PR disaster over the models who were polling up at the LE room in erin o'conners "model sanctuary" at london fashion week where "Once again the house was awash with beautiful young things, all eagerly awaiting treatments and food". did no-one in LE's PR team look at this see how it could be misconstrued? when LE sits on QVC and looks straight down the camera with that half smile/half frown of concern like mother ****** theresa with a soft focus halo round her head and a caller says how loyal they are to the brand, how theyve encouraged other people to use it, how they have an illness and its helped in some way do we really expect her to nod and make all the right noises only to then hop off to london fashion week and start doling out goodies to what are probably the least deserving group of narcissists you could ever wish to find? if this one incident doesnt show up this brand for what it really is, i.e a money making engine for liz earle, then i dont know what does.

ethical beauty? youre not going to find it at Liz Earle.

I think that questions are going to continue to be asked regarding La Earle's products and the sell-out to Avon - this woman has set herself up as the patron saint of ethical beauty, but appears to have dropped the ethics as soon as a big enough bag of money was put in front of her. Which shouldn't be surprising - if she wanted to change the face of beauty rather then make money, WHY go flog her wares on QVC?

I really do wonder if she now thinks, because of the thousands of people who buy her products, that she's untouchable and unsinkable. Why else would members of her team feel it was OK to lie on air about product formulations changing? Why did she not make her personal relationship with the author of the Beauty Bible clear on QVC (the two have been close friends for YEARS)? Why else would she "get into bed" with a company who doesn't share her apparent ethical beliefs? And why else would her team think that appearing at a so-called "models' sanctuary" at Fashion Week to pamper these underfed, underworked and overpaid wretches would garner sympathy?

At the end of the day, you vote with your feet (or rather, your credit/debit cards). Ms Earle may have spouted a lot of airy-fairy idealistic bumf to get people to buy her products, but what exactly is she doing to back this up? Was part of the sell-off for Avon to change their working practices to bring them in line with Ms Earle's ethos? Erm, no.

Just to bring her beliefs (i.e. her goods) to a bigger audience. How giving of her!

Last edited:
I had a fair bit of catching up to do on this thread, my my at the twisted knickers from:

In answer to the sceptics (or should that be septics) I live in London and not the IOW as implied by Amn, I have a boring and ordinary job in a legal firm not far off Sloane Street. However I do take time to research my skin care and have used LE for over 10 years. I was fortunate to be invited along with 50 or so other like minded people to the 15th Anniversary event for Cleanse and Polish where Liz gave a talk and explained at length about the almond milk removal - and was only too happy to discuss the matter further afterwards. I realise that this is probably way over your heads to comprehend and in true forum traditions you all take things out of context, declare something you are ignorant over a complete dislike and hang the next person who tries to explain/defend whatever it is you are ranting over. This website is decidedly more bitchy than I was led to believe but then I suppose anonimity brings it out in people - you wouldn't be allowed to get away with half the things you post here if you were to do the same of FB - for one thing you'd have to show the real you although I suspect I have worked out who a few of you are from your comments here and on FB.

One thing you also fail to grasp here is that as consumers and members here we have EVERY right to say exactly what we think. Your attempt at cheap insults is completely ridiculous. The lovely thing about this forum is we are not sheep, we have very different views and opinions on brands, products etc. We dont take this personally, it is called being realistic. If you had bothered to look around you would get a flavour of what goes on here and very possibly get a damn good giggle into the bargain - sure sounds like you need one.

QVC pretty much made Liz Earle and I think the reason there has been no cozy chitchat on air about the changes to C&P or indeed the extent of the Avon partnership - is because LE knows that QVC could just as easily break her.

Personally I don't like C&P anymore, there are still a couple of her products I do love but as a company and as a person their integrity is tainted to me. My respect for her (which i did have a lot of) has crumbled away to nothing. The company is nothing more than a corporate machine, grinding along, only out for the £'s. I think that will only become more clear as Avon slowly inches in and takes control. LE sold out, her principles didn't mean all that much after all. Accept and get over it, her halo slipped and choked her.

Who cares if you have 'worked out on FB' who some people are? What are you going to do about it? Poke them? Re-read your post and see if you can spot the irony.

Last edited:
Re-read your post and see if you can spot the irony.

Which bit? the fact that people may not be as anonymous as "Sloane Ranger" says they are, or the simple fact that (unless her parents were particularly cruel), "Sloane Ranger" is itself a pseudonym? :giggle:

I can actually say that, since I don't know my fellow posters all that well, I'm actually more restrained here than I am on FB.

Which bit? the fact that people may not be as anonymous as "Sloane Ranger" says they are, or the simple fact that (unless her parents were particularly cruel), "Sloane Ranger" is itself a pseudonym? :giggle:

I can actually say that, since I don't know my fellow posters all that well, I'm actually more restrained here than I am on FB.

Oh klarion, don't spare us, we can take it, let it all out :puke:bilge :puke:bile and :puke:venom, go on, you can do it.:happy:

Oh klarion, don't spare us, we can take it, let it all out :puke:bilge :puke:bile and :puke:venom, go on, you can do it.:happy:

LOL I did use to be called the "psycho bitch queen of the harpies (from Hell)" by my ex; everyone should play to their strengths :angel:

Your ex sounds a softy, was he a bit like Charlie? :cheeky:

Well, he never used to stock up on diamoaneek or any old tat to give me, nor did he remind me of Swiss Toni, so I'd have to say no. :tongue:

Klarion I think you are brillant, so funny, that Swiss Tony comparison with Charlie was spot on, can't get the image out of my head now if I switch on and he is there ooh and aahing about some over priced trinket.

Latest posts

Back