Customer Beauty Rewards?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Has anyone explained just how the nominees were nominated and by whom? It's mostly all the usual suspects; but, as there hasn't been a Benefit beauty hour recently, I'm surprised to see a couple of Benefit items nominated. Not that they're not any good, but just that it's not a brand they really push.

Jude xx

Has anyone explained just how the nominees were nominated and by whom? It's mostly all the usual suspects; but, as there hasn't been a Benefit beauty hour recently, I'm surprised to see a couple of Benefit items nominated. Not that they're not any good, but just that it's not a brand they really push.

Jude xx

I was wondering that too Jude, it says on QVC that the items selected had got at least 10 reviews & a rating of 4 stars or more. But the choice is still pretty limited, I went on to vote but in most of the categories the only things nominated were things I'd either never used or had tried but didn't find much good - don't see why I should vote for something just because it's marginally less useless than the other 'nominees'.

I think we should have been given a much wider choice, it may come as a suprise to the powers that be but not everyone loves LE, Gatineau, Decleor and Elemis.

And it is strange about Benefit, I do like their stuff but it's not been shown for ages, I thought QVC were maybe winding it down as it's widely available on the High Street. Maybe they were stuck for items which met the criteria in those categories, which doesn't say much for the other make-up ranges such as Jemma Kidd, DuWop etc :wonder:

i love benefit got introduced few yrs back got some products for my birthday they should have it on more

I'd thought that too Donna but then I can't believe they sold that many Jemma Kidd lippies, particularly when they don't get the colour options right in the presentations.

BTW I meant to type Awards in the title, could a lovely moderator change it for me, thank you. :blush:

(Mind you "beauty customer rewards" sounds like a better idea...a loyalty scheme for beauty shopaholics who've spent far too much with QVC over the years).

Jude x

yes rewards sound a very good idea i know gatineau reward you if you buy enough products

just noticed Jemma Kidd did get a couple of nominations, quite surprised as I didn't think the reviews for her stuff were very good last I looked?

I wish QVC would introduce a loyalty card like Boots Advantage, reckon hell will freeze over first though....

just noticed Jemma Kidd did get a couple of nominations, quite surprised as I didn't think the reviews for her stuff were very good last I looked?

I wish QVC would introduce a loyalty card like Boots Advantage, reckon hell will freeze over first though....

You don't get anything for loyalty, not ever received easy pay code e-mails or christmas cards:down:

But the thing is with beauty awards in magazines. You will find that the winners tend to be the brands that seem to buy the advertising space in the magazine. Not biting the hand that feeds them.

I used to buy Allure a US magazine and I swear appart from the first 40 pages being nothing but ads. Every year without fail you just knew which item was going to come top in the editor's winners. They did have the readers winners below the editor and they where quite different usually.

No Alpha H anything nominated - so no votes from me.

i cannot vote for elemis,decleor in a good light as all these products give me more skin concerns than i had before using them. wanted to see a category for alpha-h....

its odd as i would have thought that alpha-h has sold more than say benefit which is hardly aired. the whole of the cosmetics business is loaded with back scratchers!:confused:

I don't buy beauty products but this would fit into the bigger paranoid theory that when not everyone's reviews get included on the website...is it because QVC don't want their beloved products to get an average of less than 4 stars? And so no "awards"..?

[cue eerie music!]

i cannot vote for elemis,decleor in a good light as all these products give me more skin concerns than i had before using them. wanted to see a category for alpha-h....

its odd as i would have thought that alpha-h has sold more than say benefit which is hardly aired. the whole of the cosmetics business is loaded with back scratchers!:confused:

Same here Boffy I didn't have any bad reactions to Elemis and Decleor they just don't do anything at all for me! Liz Earle gives me terrible spots so no way am I voting for her, & even if I did like her stuff I find her unbearably smug.

Considering the random nature of which reviews are and aren't accepted, comparing products by reviews doesn't seem to be a very fair system even if repeat purchases are also taken into consideration - all smells a bit fishy - a bit like LE Superskin

Perhaps the reason that products from Akin and Alpha H didn't make the shortlists is because they tend to selll most of their items in sets - so only items which have individual listings and ratings really have a chance. Plus of course QVC will want to promote certain brands. Just like magazine awards it's all driven by PR/ advertising.

alpha-h do sell kits but practically everything is available as a single item oh well!:yawn:

Theory blown then.

Perhaps it therefore has more to do with the stock that they want to shift in July...

Latest posts

Back