Customer reviews being rejected?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

K

Kat73

Guest Shopper
Anyone else tried to post reviews and had them rejected for no good reason? Even very positive reviews have occasionally been rejected because another QVC brand is mentioned such as I prefer the Liz Earle". Also if I say a product is not worth the money they don't post it. What's the point of giving valuable time to review a product if this is what they do? And I don't think they are consistent with what they post either as I have seen LOADS of reviews which say "not worth the money" or mention another brand and they get posted. I try to be fair and follow the rules, but I think that level of control is quite dishonest, they really "sell" customer reviews as an example of how honest and open they are and really they are not. A bit like how they write or phone people for sending things back when there's supposed to be a money back guarantee, at least I have not fallen victim to that yet.

I don't trust the selection of reviews since one of mine was rejected.
I was not rude or scathing, I just said the product caused a reaction and that was why I was returning it.
I queried the rejection
I wrote:
I have tried three times to leave feedback.
Three times my opinion been rejected.
As I have NOT infringed the guidelines I'm curious.
Can you advise?

Their reply:
Thanks for reviewing on QVCUK.com. Unfortunately your review wasn't published this time because it did not meet our community guidelines.
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

* Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
* Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
* Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
* Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors

When I asked James of the Customer Care team to direct me to WHERE in my review had infringed the above, I got a repeat message.

Go figure!

Minim, that's just like my experience as I could not for the life of me figure out why my review was rejected either. Made me feel angry, after all the money I have spent with them over the years. Yet another reason to stop buying.

Lol
I just wondered where in our education system James of the Customer Care team was so badly let down.

I don't trust the selection of reviews since one of mine was rejected.
I was not rude or scathing, I just said the product caused a reaction and that was why I was returning it.
I queried the rejection
I wrote:

Their reply:

When I asked James of the Customer Care team to direct me to WHERE in my review had infringed the above, I got a repeat message.

Go figure!

its called : KIGUCGU (keep it going until customer gives up)nicely pronounced as kickyuggoo :tongue:

Yeah, we went through KIGUCGU

Thank you for contacting QVC.
Our apologies your 3 reviews have not been published. Can you please advise us of your username, date you tried to post your last review and the item you tried to review. This can then be forwarded to the relevant dept for investigation.
If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Best wishes
James.
Customer Care team

And I answered him. Gave him what he asked
Poor boy. I felt I was persecuting him in the end ... so I stopped lol

i've had a few refused and they weren't insulting reviews, nor did I mention other makes. I'm at a loss to know what I did wrong. The end result is though, very few reviews on something and in turn that will mean less sales and people going elsewhere to check reviews.

Aaah, James from customer care! :hi:
I've encountered him, too. Only, he does not care for the customer.
Once upon a time he rang me for a customer survey; how would I rate QVC.
Not the best, I said, your P&P charges are extortionate. He could not contain his disbelief to my reply:nod: His voice went up in pitch, whilst all he could muster was a cynical "Really, extortionate??" Yes, really, I said. You only need to shop anywhere else but QVC, in order to realise that.
That was nearly 4 years ago. QVC's p&p has gone up.
Conclusion:
James only does surveys (and "customer care") to justify his pay check - innit Jimmy boy?:wink:

So if reviews must not contain references to other products why is there one for the Yogi wand that says "same quality as ghd definately" (sic)? Oh silly me it's a 5* review!

Last edited:
I have given mainly positive reviews which have not been posted because I made a vague reference to another QVC brand. And one was rejected because I said although I liked the pro collagen oxygenating night cream, the results did not justify a 90 quid price tag. Of course I was reviewing a TSV so had paid nothing like that, but the point I was making was that I would not be re-purchasing as an individual item. Now in my view that is quite a legitimate review that concentrated on the product, in terms of both results and value for money. But it was rejected. QVC really want reviews that encourage people to buy at the full price, they may publish negative reviews from people who don't like a product, but if we comment on its value for money it will be rejected as "pricing" is one of the things they don't want drawn attention to. Whereas they are happy to post comments saying "what a bargain". This is making me very cross!

I have had the email to say my review has been rejected, then gone on to find my review on the website! How does that work?

I've had that happen too. I wrote a really scathing review of the last L'Occitane tsv which they rejected, only for me to find it had been added to the other reviews. Strange.

These complaints by buyers about their reviews being rejected is the reason why I no longer read any of the reviews of their products. I don't believe that QVC are allowing the truth from their customers to be fairly heard. I don't trust website who censor people in this way.

I once wrote a rather scathing review of Decleor Hydra Radiance Smoothing Cleanser but it broke the 'rules' and now has five star reviews...I couldn't be bothered to ask why but I only read the bad reviews now!

These complaints by buyers about their reviews being rejected is the reason why I no longer read any of the reviews of their products. I don't believe that QVC are allowing the truth from their customers to be fairly heard. I don't trust website who censor people in this way.

I do read them, but I set the drop down options options box to begin 'low to high' then I google the product

I like reading reviews on Amazon before I buy anything - whether it's QVC or anywhere else. They do seem to be written by sensible people a lot of the time and you can usually weed out the eeejits. I bought a TV from QVC last year as a treat as we'd had a little one for ages. Now I know QVC was going to sing its praises but I know Amazon reviews will give the good points as well as the bad - and there are usually plenty of reviews to get a good all-round report. As it is, my Telly was fab and I'm really glad I got it....even tempted my dad to go and get one that's similar last week. I reckon mine's the best though lol!!

Reevoo and Dooyoo are other good sites that spring to mind.

I tend to type whatever product name I'm interested in into Google and the word reviews or problems for a low down on the truth!!

The only review I ever had rejected was a bad one - so I really don't trust the reviews anymore. Hardly impartial.

Latest posts

Back