Cutbacks Phase 2: Urgent Memo - Please Read.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My 3 are;
Fashion -Emu, over-priced, you can buy better, cheaper, elsewhere. and I'd also like to make a case for getting rid of Dennis Basso too - a man who uses real animal skins should never be allowed on QVC to sell his synthetic s***e.
Beauty - Genie, how can they be allowed to sell something that doesn't work is beyond me.
Other brand - Northern Nights, because I'm tired of the presenters going on and on and on about how wonderful it is.

Fashion/Accessories
Possibly a controversial choice,but after some thought, think it must be Lulu Guiness Bags.
The reason is because this should be a aspirational brand, something to be lusted after but rarely attained. To see bag after bag (and often "specially made for Q" - invariably resulting in lower quality) on easy pays is, IMO, devaluing the product.
This would, of course mean the lovely Lulu G would have to go, which would be a shame as i quite like her. But on the plus side we would be spared Chuntley disappearing up the divine Lulu's backside on a far too frequent basis.

Beauty
Firstly, it must be said, that on no account is the Prai lady to be sacked. By far one of the most entertaining guests ever, for sheer comedy value alone.
I'd really like to see the back of Elemis and Keely's inane ramblings, but realistically, that ain't never gonna happen as, it is no doubt a huge seller.

So, think I'd have to go with New CID. Overpriced and cheap looking. The guest always appears to have every product they sell on her face and that and her over bleached hair do not entice me to buy any of it. So by getting rid of her, would be doing her skin a favour as she'd maybe not have to pile it on so heavily, so often.

Other

Think it will have to be Oreck. Unattractive vacuum cleaners and a dull guest. In fact, both so dull, I can't think of anything else to say.

Last edited:
Herewith the voting from the Forest Jury:

Fashion: Kim & Co - this was a particularly difficult choice as all of it is sh*t
Beauty: Lulu's Time Bomb - only because how can she sit there claiming this stuff works when she has had 'work' done
Other: Zumba - If only because it always seems to be on - they repeat it every morning at around 5-6am and normally it is a recording with Craig:doh:

That concludes the voting for the Forest Jury.

After much deliberation Jabba has concluded:

FASHION: Do QVC sell any fashion?

BEAUTY : the whole shebang should be shown the dorr with more desirable and higher performing brands brought in to replace the same old same old that QVC continually churn out

OTHER: 95% of the tat that QVC flog to the public

They need a clean slate and a whole new range of products at a reasonable price with P&P capped

Re Urgent Memo - Phase 2

Hello dearie, I hope the tea-lady can join in this time.....she is a QVC telly shopper :tongue:

Fashion - Dennis Basso fashions, he leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. Euuuggh!

Beauty - Lulu and her Time Bomb, she's much too sugary for me.

Other - Pilates and Marjolein B......., got a face like she's been sucking lemons.
And those machines make my aching back from all that trolley pushing ache even more. Ooof!

Cuppa anyone........
tea_sml.gif

"Fashion" : Dennis Basso. Vile, arrogant and over-indulged. His faux fur coats have the spilled blood on them from poor animals slaughtered for his real fur business.
He leaves with immediate effect.

Beauty: Prai. If the range really lived up to its virtually miraculous claims and delivered the turkey-free neck you've always wanted it would be sold everywhere. It isn't

Other: Acer craptops. And that means that Wiggy gets to pick up his P45 too and find his true vocation as a used car salesman. He already has the shiny Burton suits.

Looking forward to picking up my performance-related bonus.

Fashion- the dreadfull Nina Leonard range and Lenny and his wandering hands!

Beauty-without question the soulless Liz Earle and all her fabulousssssssss products from the beautiful isle of white.

Other- the Tignanello bags in their gawdy clours and cheapo looking leathers.

Fashion...Yong Kim, vastly overpriced wrinkled old dishcloths you wouldn't wipe the floor with.

Beauty...Perricone MD, for people with more money than sense.

Other....Kirk's Folly, that family must be laughing all the way to the bank selling their tat.

Right here goes
1 it has to be Kim polyester Mendleson, I just do not get it, who buys it? It sells so, someone is, and when she is in the UK she is on 5 hours a day for 3 or 4 days
2 beauty , has to be the ridiculous perricone stuff, vastly overpriced awful woman guest who is no advert for the brand
3 other. . . . Hmmmmm sooo many to choose from but I think after much deliberation it has to be Kelly Hoppen with her creased up overpriced bland bland bedding just soooo boring and her lamps etc are just ridiculous, who pays for a bog standard lamp £350?
So there you go boss
Hope that meets the criteria :sun:

Hi there, my first post so please be gentle, thought I would join and add my votes if thats ok.

Fashion - So many horrors to chose from but it has to be Kim & Co overpriced tat and her voice is so irritating

Beauty - Has to be the dreadful Liz Earle

Other - Kings realm, not sure who buys this stuff but seems very overpriced to me.

Hope thats ok

Fashion: Anything sold on here think "Trades Description" could be used.

Beauty: Andrew and his "Gatineau" range - same old, same old.

Other: That bluddy woman and her fairies (keeps sprinkling dust everywhere).

Quite frankly you are not appreciating the difficulty of the decision making progress BB. We need to drill down and disintermediate the dialogue to come up with a decision worthy process. I suggest a week away at a relaxing location to driving down the maximum functionality with our end to end mission critical competency, by then we should have a decision.

My selection is

Michele Hope and her Market stall tat.

Prai woman with her false UK /American accent and all her mumbo jumbo dust from Mars or which ever other planet

Jill the solar lights woman and the crap she sells. Her poor dad must be unable to set foot on his balcony judging by how
Many of her products he supposedly has out there.

Fashion/accessories: Attitudes by Renee - I checked the records and was horrified to find that a striking number of these polyester, I repeat polyester items of clothing say 'Handwash Only': this is simply unacceptable - the payoff for sweating in polyester is that at least you should be able to fling it in the washing machine (we're not talking about cashmere or silk here, where at least the luxury and pleasure of wearing it makes the effort of caring for it worthwhile). And Renee... nice enough, but the comb down auburn hair thing, is just not on.

Beauty: NV Perricone - far too expensive snake oil, with an annoying guest struggling to keep her 'poker face''. (Hats off to Minim for a statement of lethal brevity: "Quack Perricone. Overpriced & over here.")

Other: Margerine Burgervan and the Pilates machines - just observing her missionary zeal and even thinking about dealing with those machines simply wears me out; there is also the - let's face it - fact that you need a whole extra dedicated room in your home for this contraption.

Other: Margerine Burgervan and the Pilates machines - just observing her missionary zeal

She should wear a more appropriate leotard, I agree;-)

I shall go for Fashion - Basso
Beauty - hmmm, what could I not live without this week? I think I wouldn't keel over if I never saw Lulu again.
Other - EasiYo. It's yoghurt FFS.

welcome to the forum rabbit :mysmilie_357:

fashion - decisions, decisions......butler&wilson - mega overpriced as well as mega-gruesome tat.

beauty - the prai woman. weird voice, weird clothes. no interest in the product whether it comes from mars or not, in case i end up looking like her.

other - kelly hoppen cos she always looks like she's chewing a wasp and the stuff is all the same.

kim&co - dusters?? not likely, i have enough static on my tv as it is.

who's david hawkins?

David Hawkins is the South African bloke who is always manic, usually on gardening shows. He wears me out just watching him.

David Hawkins is the South African bloke who is always manic, usually on gardening shows. He wears me out just watching him.

ahhh....stopped watching gardening shows years ago - for obvious reasons.

Latest posts

Back