Dale on Rodial

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I normally question putting male presenters on beauty shows, but what a refreshing change it was with Dale presenting as the guest was allowed to talk about the products and what they do, demonstrate and explain things in full. Any of the usual suspects from the female presenters wouldn't have let him get 6 words out before interrupting with some pointless nugget of misinformation! Nice one Dale, it actually made the show pleasurable.

The downside is that I've suffered open-purse surgery! :D

He had to do a nails inc show a while ago and it was brilliant, because it's not his particular area of "expertise" he let the guest speak properly and explain everything. It was great!

I like it when the presenter knows less about the products, it makes them ask more pertinent questions of the guest. More importantly it forces them to listen to the answer as a cue to their next comment or question. As soon as a presenter thinks they have some knowledge of a topic they take over and follow their own train of thoughts which often seem nonsensical, even rude alongside the guest's spiel. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I used to like Julian and PLavers when they had to fill in on a beauty show, back when Alison Young had a sense of humour and before the Elemis/Gatineau/Decleor bland ambassadors believed they were TV personalities.

I like Dale. Watched him briefly this morning presenting some exercise gadget. Love it that he allows the presenters to talk and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Funnily enough it was watching Dale present the 'BodyBlade' show a few weeks ago that convinced me to buy it.
I'd seen it demonstrated at least a dozen times in the past and I had been tempted before (but never ordered). His presentation was spot on, even admitting that he had sweat running down his back.

Anyway, the ****** thing only turned up yesterday (problem with the supplier apparently) so I haven't used it yet. I'll give it a run through at the weekend.

Latest posts

Back