Dancing on Ice returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sheepdog

VIP Herder
Since Strictly is about to end and nobody is interested in X-Factor anymore, DoI returns with even more zero's than the previous year. This year's line up (from DS):

Pamela Anderson & Matt Evers
Anthea Turner & Andrew Buchanan
Samia Ghadie & Sylvain Longchambon
Beth Tweddle & Dan Whiston
Lauren Goodger & Michael Zenezini
Baroness King of Bow & Mark Henretty
Matt Kapinskas & Brianne Delcourt
Shayne Ward & Maria Filippov
Joe Pasquale & Vicky Ogden
Luke Campbell & Jenna Harrison
Keith Chegwin & Olga Sharutenko
Gareth Thomas & Robin Johnstone

So now we're resorting to reality show crossovers for contestants. I'm not a fan of Anthea Turner for a start...

Oh and looks like Jason Gardeners back instead of Louie Spence.

Keith Chegwin :down: I can't stand the guy...I don't know half of the celebs....There seem to be a lot of my favourite pros missing. Gareth Thomas gets about...

Talk about scraping the barrel ~ there's nobody there that interests me in the slightest. I don't know half of them and I don't like the other half so I don't think I'll be watching this.

I really like DOA. Don't think much to the celebs. Don't know who some of them are. I'm glad Jason's back. I liked Karen on the judging panel.

Another DOI fan here but I think they are scraping the bottom of the barrel with the contestants this year so I may just lose interest as well. Pity they didn't leave Louie on the panel alongside Jason......now that WOULD be very interesting!! Wonder if the sparks will fly between Jason and Karen again?

I used to like DoI but really put off by the way they whip the audience up into screaming hysterics so that Phil Schofield has to shout to be heard.

I see Frankie thingy isn't listed this year, isn't she David Seaman's squeeze? Pregnant possibly?

Seem to remember Sylvain Longchambon is a bit of a phwoooaarrr, unfortunately he went out of the competition quite early last year!

I don't know about everyone else, but i'm getting fed up with all the usual programmes. DOI, celebrity jungle thing,
celebrity big brother, x factor, strictly, and so on and on. They need to revise their scheduling, like QVC, and bring
us something new, not the same old year in year out

I really like DOA.

Heeee! Thank you, WSO40, this made me laugh - is it a sign of what's to come for these programmes?

I'm getting a touch tired of seeing the same grinning mugs all pleading for votes from the Big Brother house, jungle, etc, etc, too.

Surely there must be some fresh talent - both old and young - who'd love to don a pair of skates?

Having said that, I absolutely love Torville and Dean's dances on the programme. I think I'd happily watch an hour of them every Sunday and forget about the rest.

Sublime, I'm in total agreement with you about Torvil & Dean.....they are fantastic and their performances never cease to amaze me.

I've said it before, T&D bore me and need to get more of the supported pro skaters doing routines by themselves like SCD does. I find their better routines are the ones with a load of people on the ice.

Heeee! Thank you, WSO40, this made me laugh - is it a sign of what's to come for these programmes?

I'm getting a touch tired of seeing the same grinning mugs all pleading for votes from the Big Brother house, jungle, etc, etc, too.

Surely there must be some fresh talent - both old and young - who'd love to don a pair of skates?

Having said that, I absolutely love Torville and Dean's dances on the programme. I think I'd happily watch an hour of them every Sunday and forget about the rest.

:mysmilie_847: :mysmilie_487:

Not sure I will even watch this year. I am just getting bored with the format, which does not seem to change, I mean the dances and routines. The flying on wires is ****** awful every year.

I agree with Sheepdog, T&D need to step back I find them quite boring.

I didn't watch the skate off, but didn't think Pammy was that bad in her original skating. Did Keith get the sympathy vote as he broke his shoulder last year and came back this?

I didn't watch the skate off, but didn't think Pammy was that bad in her original skating. Did Keith get the sympathy vote as he broke his shoulder last year and came back this?

Basically Pammy was dreadful in her dance off routine making one huge stumble and almost ending up on the ice so her partner basically rushed in and picked her up and swung her round a few times till the end of the routine. The rest wasn't much better with lots of small slip us. It would have been a travesty if she hadn't have gone.

Keith was ok in his routine. I fact I said it was better than his original skate. He is still not good though and will be out in a few weeks. It was definately not a sympathy vote.

It is just so unfair that some of the girls skates do not touch the ice and they get great votes. I still think it should be called 'being thrown around on ice'.

I enjoyed DOI, Torvil and Dean are brilliant! That Splash programme that was on Saturday was a load of carp! The only decent thing on there was our Tom D in his micro trunks lol Ahh if only I was about 30 or so years younger .........:mysmilie_454:

That guy Dan has a habit of doing all the lifting to hide the girl skaters problems. He got away with the first series (Gaynor something???) and with Beth he's got the spectacular but not the skating yet. I hope for her sake they don't let him dominate the routine. Only exception is when he had Hayley.

I also thought Pam Anderson wasn't that bad first time round but by rights as she could never recover, she had to go. Pity as she did show more potential than Samia. Not that I pay attention to the papers but they did play a lot on that angle.

On the show itself, it definitely seems a step up from previous series (good opening) and that new judge seems to ok and not being silly with marking. Notice the way Karen B. was goading Jason all the time. Bad but hey, she's only got herself to blame when he does unleash!

I enjoyed DOI, Torvil and Dean are brilliant! That Splash programme that was on Saturday was a load of carp! The only decent thing on there was our Tom D in his micro trunks lol Ahh if only I was about 30 or so years younger .........:mysmilie_454:

It was a bizarre commission let alone the implementation. Then again, there wasn't much on saturday night in January so they could risk it. 3 shows is far more than enough. The James Bond routine was quite interesting but ruined by shoddy camera direction. Overall, if that doesn't kill Vernon Kay's presenting career....

I didn't even watch Splash, thought it was crash TV in the making.

DOI, yes the girls rarely actually skate its all ariel stuff. I can't see Keith lasting long with having to do lifts.

The ad breaks are unbelievable, I mean its after each skater now!

Latest posts

Back