Dark circles eye cream ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamonds

Registered Shopper
Can anyone suggest a good dark circles eye cream ,on QVC or the high street which has really helped .

To be honest it depends on what is causing your dark circles and how bad they are?

The models on QVC do not have what I would actually call dark circles. Some say drink more water and get a good nights sleep. If they are heredity or like mine caused by sinus problems for which I have to take medication all year round, nothing works apart from a good concealer and even then they are not totally covered.

Some eye creams have a brightened effect which does nothing for mine, but I am sure someone will know the name of one.

I do believe what makeup artist Christopher Drummond once said,"No one but you notices your dark circles. No one will be pointing at you in the street commenting on your dark circles." Women are always picking apart their own imperfections when others don't even notice you have them.

The best I've tried was strivectin eye cream, removed my dark shadows on the bridge of my nose in about two weeks. I have since stopped using it and they've returned. I drink a lot of water to no avail. I have since learned that dark circles can be a sign of anaemia. There's a video on YouTube about it that I shall try to post later.

I've learnt not to stress about dark circles (but I know that's easy to say and harder to do) What I found was concealer was counter-productive,drawing attention to mild circles so I stopped using under-eye concealer, just relying on foundation to blurr them a bit. I really liked Liz Earle's Daily Eye Repair as it had a reflective effect on no-make up days and for a long time was one of v few eye creams that had an spf (physical not chemical).

Has Liz Earle stopped selling this? I was going to add a link to the LE website but couldn't find it? I did get the recent TSV with the superskin eye cream but have others to use up before I try it. Is it similar? It's certainly more expensive!

If you need a concealer I like the Doll10 ones: Conceal It and Hydra Gel. They both cover a couple of bonus-sized freckles (age spots) and a scar from having cancerous cells removed which has no pigment.

The only thing I have ever found which had an effect on dark circles is...... YSL Touche Eclat. :happy:

The only thing I have ever found which had an effect on dark circles is...... YSL Touche Eclat. :happy:

I think it all depends on the individuals skin. Touché eclat has never done anything for me. I also splashed out on their foundation and found it is just the same as loreal true match foundation. I have been doing my own research on foundations the past year and also found that it all depends on the time of the year as to what works best.

But as for dark circles I've found the Ultrasun eye cream is the best at the moment with Laura geller real deal concealer. Concealer is also something else I have a passion for but real deal always wins for me. I'm sure people will have a lot of other suggestions.

I like the Ultrasun eye cream - really makes a difference. I then use Bare Minerals Stroke of Light over the top - used to use Touché Éclat but prefer the BM. Some people gave had problems with the Ultrasun rolling off but I have had no trouble but I do leave it a good 10 mins before putting anything else on top.

I have hereditary dark circles & no eye creams really work on them :(
But if I had to give a recommendation on the many, many I've used I would say either Elemis Pro-Radiance Illuminating Eye Balm or Liz Earle Superskin Eye Cream or Lulu's Time Bomb Black Op's Dark Circle Eye Cream or StriVectin-EV Get Even Dark Circle Corrector.

Concealer wise the two best I have found are tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hr Waterproof Full Coverage Concealer and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer, however neither are great if you wear contacts!

Drinking plenty of water & get lots of sleep doesn't help me!

Apparently things can be corrected with cell salts (homeopathy) as in the video I posted earlier. I'm not making any claims and have no association with the video. I found it very interesting reading the reviews on Amazon, for example on Thuja, where people reporting warts falling off after a few weeks of this homeopathic treatment.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002QWGX9W/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
Arnica is widely used for for healing (before and after ops, bruising).
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002R5HH98/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
And in Canada homeopathy is approved by their FDA or the equivalent body and is widely sold in chemists for various ailments, coughs etc. You can tell I've developed an interest in homeopathy ))

Latest posts

Back