Davy Jones of The Monkees RIP

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh how sad!! :sad: I used to love The Monkees when I was a teenager and little Davy Jones was my first crush. I used to sit for hours waiting for I'm A Believer to be played on pirate radio and got dressed up on Saturday evenings to watch their tv show. :blush: R.I.P. Davy

OH told me it was on Breaking News while I was seeing to our tea...what a shock, not old really and weren't there some plans for a reunion tour..? I loved them, Mike was my favourite but I used to enjoy the TV shows - RIP Davy.

Oh how sad!! :sad: I used to love The Monkees when I was a teenager and little Davy Jones was my first crush. I used to sit for hours waiting for I'm A Believer to be played on pirate radio and got dressed up on Saturday evenings to watch their tv show. :blush: R.I.P. Davy

Me too, the girls in my school wrote out thousands of 'please's' to send to Jimmy Saville begging to meet the Monkees but to no avail, sadly. We also hung around their hotel in Kensington and saw them come out onto the balcony with... LULU *spits*. Then we all lost our voices screaming at them when they played at Wembley. Happy days, but feel quite nostalgic and sad now. RIP Davy.

This is so sad, my Mum was a Monkees fan and she'll be shocked! 66 as well, way too young! RIP Davy.

Another huge Monkees fan here too, only just heard this dreadful news. RIP Davy, my thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends at this extremely sad time.

Yet another Monkees fan here especially Mike Nesmith :heart: :heart:

My friend's mother knit monkee hats for us just like Mike's lol

RIP Davy Another one gone far too soon xxx

I loved the Monkees, Mike Nesmith was my favourite too! I watched all the shows and my dad used to bring me the fanzine when he could get me one! So sad, RIP Davy!

Did anyone see the BBC2 programme on boy bands last week? The Monkees featured heavily because they were the first boyband to reach super-stardom.

Just watching the opening titles for The Monkees programme again made me feel all nostalgic - it was so funny and wacky, a far cry from the usual antiseptic kids' TV fodder of the time.

I think Davy Jones probably influenced far more youngsters than he ever realised ...

Me too...We also hung around their hotel in Kensington and saw them come out onto the balcony...
Me too!! It was the Kensington Gardens Hotel, all the groups used to stay there when in London and go out on the balconies to wave to the fans congregated in the Gardens. Off topic but it just brought back a memory of when me and my best friend were there doing the fan thing when the Rolling Stones were in residence and we were approached by one of the roadies who invited us to go to their room, we declined...so he moved on to some other girls. :grin:

Me too. I can still see all those posters of him on my bedroom walls, such beautiful eyes. Apparently he was quite a fit man too, never drank or smoked and loved his horses. Such sad news. RIP Davy:(

I was actually shocked when I heard this last night.

Loved the Monkeys and used to watch the show as a child.

He was on a documentary on BBC2 last Saturday about boy bands. I thought WOW he looks good wonder how old he is, actually kept thinking he looked in his fifties but then realized no he couldn't be. No plastic surgery in sight.

Here in Northern Ireland I swear you go to a club etc at the weekend and at the end of the evening Day Dream Believer is always played. Strange but true. Everyone joins hands sings and jumps up and down.

Very sad news, especially when you realise you are not that far off his age. I loved watching them on TV on Saturdays and I, too, was a Mike Nesmith fan. Funny, I always thought I was the only one to like him.

Latest posts

Back