De Jager Plants

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catzrcool

Registered Shopper
Ordered 5 x Dalmation Foxgloves for my brother a fortnight ago. (we can't have them as they are super toxic to our animals)

Well they arrived today (not as far as Q are concerned, they are still "in process"). They are rubbish!! They all have broken bits, the sizes are all over the place, tiny ones, middling ones and one so leggy it is ridiculous. The leaves which aren't yellow, are black and rotting. Flipping disgrace, I expected more from De Jager (don't know why really). Certainly won't buy from them again. :mad:

Have tried to write a review, but for some reason, it won't let me. Please folks, don't buy this rubbish. Will give customer services a ring tomorrow. They can have them back. This is only the 2nd time in 20 odd years I have been pi$$ed off with my purchase, so hopefully they will refund me. Now ..... how to tell my brother his plants are all crap!! :oops:

Ordered 5 x Dalmation Foxgloves for my brother a fortnight ago. (we can't have them as they are super toxic to our animals)

Well they arrived today (not as far as Q are concerned, they are still "in process"). They are rubbish!! They all have broken bits, the sizes are all over the place, tiny ones, middling ones and one so leggy it is ridiculous. The leaves which aren't yellow, are black and rotting. Flipping disgrace, I expected more from De Jager (don't know why really). Certainly won't buy from them again. :mad:

Have tried to write a review, but for some reason, it won't let me. Please folks, don't buy this rubbish. Will give customer services a ring tomorrow. They can have them back. This is only the 2nd time in 20 odd years I have been pi$$ed off with my purchase, so hopefully they will refund me. Now ..... how to tell my brother his plants are all crap!! :oops:
Sorry to hear this. It's a risk buying plants on line. They look so beautiful and healthy on TV. I have had similar experiences (not from QVC, however.). Your plants were obviously packed badly and spent too long in transit. It's a disappointment but QVC will certainly refund you. Could you send them a photo?

They’ll probably give you a refund and tell you to bin the plants. When they sent me a Thompson and Morgan TSV of fruit trees and strawberries, that I hadn’t ordered, they refunded me and told me that if I didn’t want them then I should give them away, which I did.

The only things I’ve ordered from de Jaeger in the past were anemone corms and bluebells bulbs. Most of the bluebells have lasted but the anemones haven’t. I’ve now realised that I should steer away from bulbs because the squirrels enjoy them too much. They also leave little holes all over the garden when they dig them up. 🙄

I buy loads of bulbs, seeds and corms from WILKOs and Lidl. Once many moons ago I bought some plants from QVC and they were really tiny seedlings and some had rotted. Not worth the huge costs. So I don't buy plants from them. The prices considering the sizes is beyond ridiculous

They’ll probably give you a refund and tell you to bin the plants. When they sent me a Thompson and Morgan TSV of fruit trees and strawberries, that I hadn’t ordered, they refunded me and told me that if I didn’t want them then I should give them away, which I did.

The only things I’ve ordered from de Jaeger in the past were anemone corms and bluebells bulbs. Most of the bluebells have lasted but the anemones haven’t. I’ve now realised that I should steer away from bulbs because the squirrels enjoy them too much. They also leave little holes all over the garden when they dig them up. 🙄
Anemones have a few little tricks to get them going. Easy when you know how!

To be honest, I think the squirrels dug up the corms judging by all the little holes in the earth. I guess the squirrels had a few little tricks too. 😉

That's disappointing as De Jager are usually really good. I buy direct and they once cancelled half my order because the bulbs/plants weren't up to standard and they wouldn't send them out to customers. I think their bulbs are a lot better than their young plants - I always get great results, especially the lilies. Not cheap though.

Attachments

• IMG_0003 (2).JPG
    IMG_0003 (2).JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back