Dear QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chrissi

Registered Shopper
I am writing to you to tell you how ridiculous your 'award winning customer service' is and to ask you to close my QVC account. I do not wish to shop with your company any longer.

On Monday 30th August I called to arrange collection of an AeroPilates Machine, was told the courier company would be in touch within the next couple of days to arrange a suitable collection day. I heard from them on Wednesday 1st September and they asked me if they could collect on Friday 3rd September, which they did around lunchtime. Already a week wasted and my money sits in your bank account for a week longer. Having checked the card the courier left, the machine left on a 48 hour service to Liverpool.

I have been checking my account daily since Tuesday to see if it has arrived at your warehouse, it is now Thursday 9th September and it's still just showing as 'shipped', so I called your Customer Service Centre, only to be told that there is nothing they can do, it might be in the warehouse, it might be dealt with this afternoon, they cannot contact the warehouse to ask them to look due to the high volume of returns they deal with. I wouldn't normally mind but the 2nd easy payment is due to be taken from my bank account tomorrow and I will not be impressed if it does as the item was returned to you last week and is no longer in my possession. It is rather a high value item and to be told that there is 'nothing you can do' when calling to check it hasn't gone astray and also be told 'I cannot stop the 2nd easy payment, if it's taken we can deal with it after it's taken' it's just not good enough in my opinion. It is now almost 2 weeks since I arranged the return of the item and I feel that apart from it being collected I am no further forward!

Yours

Disgruntled Shopper

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

That feels better to get that off my chest! I could have gone on and on as they truly have piddled me off this time. Piddled me off that much that I am going to return the Elemis carp I have been swithering about & the Mally auto-delivery I ordered when it was a TSV, I love Mally products, but I am just so damned annoyed with them right now. Close my account if you like, my bank account and myself would probably thank you for it.

Thank you Sue!

I will be using the info very shortly.

Having typed the tracking number into HDNL's website they got the bliddy thing back on Tuesday! They take the 2nd payment for it and I will be absolutely bliddy fuming! :headbang::headbang: :angry::angry:

Chrissi, contact, immediately, your credit card company or bank. Explain that you have returned the item, and are awaiting a credit to your account, but that a second payment is due to be taken out tomorrow. It's possible that they might be able to put a stop on the second payment.

Then contact QVC and ask to speak with a supervisor/ team leader and get the latter to expedite return of your first payment.

Good luck, Jay

I've already called the bank and there's nothing they can do.

I am going to call QVC again this afternoon as they got the damn thing back Tuesday lunchtime, if they take the 2nd payment when the item is sitting in their warehouse they will hear me without the use of a phone! If someone could just use a bit of initiative & step away from their script then maybe things would get moving.

If someone could just use a bit of initiative & step away from their script then maybe things would get moving.

That's the problem with the world today ~ everybody has a script they can't or won't deviate from and there's no personal attention given. If a box can't be ticked then you might as well be screaming into the wind to get anybody to pay any mind to what your saying, no matter how straightforward it would be to simply address the issue :headbang:
Good luck!

Last edited:
That's the problem with the world today ~ everybody has a script they can't or won't deviate from and there's no personal attention given. If a box can't be ticked then you might as well be screaming into the wind to get anybody to pay any mind to what your saying, no matter how straightforward it would be to simply address the issue :headbang:
Good luck!

Or in the case of QVC - if the box hasn't been scanned into their warehouse...

All it would take is for someone to call the warehouse & ask someone to take a scanner, find the box & scan it - I used to work in a warehouse & know it's not that much of a task, heck even when I worked in the office, if someone needed something asap or needed something scanned in asap I used to toddle off through the warehouse & do it myself, it's called keeping the customer happy, obviously something QVC don't have a clue about! It's rather a large box, I would imagine it will stick out like a sore thumb as well, so wouldn't be too much of a challenge, but no, they just won't do it. It's just absolutely infuriating! I might as well be banging my head off a brick wall.

I know Sue and it's sad it really is. They have their job description & their script and they won't deviate from either.

Ah well, I am calling them after 5pm again tonight, hopefully I might get someone a little more helpful (I doubt it), am going to ask to speak to a manager or team leader and if I don't get anywhere I am going to take great delight in sending them the letter I have just composed.

I am also looking forward to going home to parcel up everything that I can still return to them.

I have a press steamer thingy that has literally packed up on me this afternoon.I bought it in april with inc p&p for around £108.The lady i spoke to on the phone was lovely but they have none in stock to send me :sad: (I did like it) and have no futher dealings with the company - must be bad!!!

As all qvc electrical have a year warranty (which I did not know) its been collected and i will be refunded.hope I'm not going to have the same problems as you - I hate spending my time chasing companies:sad:

Good luck because when you ask to speak to someone like a team leader or a manager it could go something like this.

''At the moment we don't have a manager or team leader to speak to you. They are in a meeting. Give us a contact number & someone will call you back within 3 days ''.:call:

Be warned. That may very well happen. And you MAY get that call back but don't hold your breath.

:giggle: It makes it look like I am always on the phone complaining. I haven't actually had cause to kick their bums since around last Christmas but having been with them from the beginning I have had cause to complain on a number of occasions.

you are lucky my sis ter waited around five weeks for someone to pick up a garden lampost lamp that cost over £100.00 oh well!

Within 3 days??? Oh sorry, they will get their answer if they come at me with that one! 'Must be one hell of a meeting!'

I have written them a 2 page stinker of a letter threatening them with everything I can, they even dare take that 2nd easy payment & they will regret it. Having spoken to the bank, the bank can't stop the payment, but can kick some arse if they do take it!

Well, letter went 1st class yesterday after again getting no joy from them.

I checked my online banking this morning and lo and behold - the money has been requested by them, so I was straight on the phone to them again. Fuming, but polite. I asked them why an item has sat in their warehouse for damn near 3 days without being scanned in, meaning the 2nd easy pay being taken, couldn't give me an answer, just asked me when it had been collected, told him Friday, then he came out with the best thing I have ever heard - 'Well when the courier company collect it from you it can take 21 days to be returned to us.' I then gave him the exact date & time it had arrived with them. Thankfully he then called the warehouse to check with them and then told me to call back on Monday, I asked him when I would get the refund as they really shouldn't have taken the 2nd payment, was again told to call back on Monday & refund would be processed once item has been scanned and checked, so we'll see what happens next. We'll see just how long it takes them to scan it in...

Head meet wall...

The next time I decide I want something from QVC I am going to remind myself of this farse.

Put the flags out! Start the celebrations! Came in to an email from QVC this morning - box was finally scanned as returned on SATURDAY & refund was processed on Saturday as well. Very grovelling email as well.

Well done Chrissi.

But isn't it a pain that in order to get what is reasonable & right that we have to kick up SO MUCH FUSS !!

Welcome to the Marked Woman Club :giggle::giggle:

Well done Chrissi.

But isn't it a pain that in order to get what is reasonable & right that we have to kick up SO MUCH FUSS !!

Welcome to the Marked Woman Club :giggle::giggle:

It's an absolute pain in the backside that I had to waste so much time chasing them up. I also had a call from their CEO office yesterday, apologising profusely for taking the 2nd easy payment and agreeing with me that it shouldn't have happened. He is also passing my complaint to the warehouse team leaders, so we'll see what happens.

Thankfully the money also went back into my account today, so it's all good for going on holiday next week.

Latest posts

Back