Debbie G Christmas blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:mysmilie_483: That made me laugh! We always get one from a certain distant relation and it's so smug and full of the wondrous events that have happened to the amazingly talented family I can hardly keep my G&T down! I may send them a Debbie G in return!

Good one. :biggrin:

Debbie and Kathy both look fab in that photo btw.

This cannot be for real. I cannot see the suits at QVC towers approving

I think someone else got into Debbie's account!

perhaps some should take a screen grab and post on here before someone noticies the account has been hacked and removes the letter!

very Funny.

Lets hope the other presenters accounts get hacked!

I don't think that is a hacker at work I think Debbie G wrote that herself as she does have a wicked sense of humour!! :grin:

PMSL!!

I have got a friend who sends them out - a friend I've not seen in years - and it's made me feel very inadequate as when I get them, I think "what on earth have we achieved in the last year"...and I've not noted it all down...

I'm glad I'm not the only one and I promise not to let it get to me again :blush:

PMSL!!

I have got a friend who sends them out - a friend I've not seen in years - and it's made me feel very inadequate as when I get them, I think "what on earth have we achieved in the last year"...and I've not noted it all down...

I'm glad I'm not the only one and I promise not to let it get to me again :blush:

Lottie
I had lunch with a friend just before Christmas one year and we talked about all kinds of things including what a bad year she had had workwise and how badly her children were doing at school. The next day I got a Christmas card with a Round Robin telling a completly different story - it was a glossy exercise in not very subtle PR!!! I could believe that she would send it to prospective employers - but insulted that she had sent it to me as it bore no relation to the truth!

So, next year send this friend a similar one to Debbie's! That'll teach her!:muscle:

That's just my kind of humour, what a lark!

I, too, detest those round robin newsletters, I mean, who on earth gives the tiniest mouse sized shite about the absolute minutiae of some distant acquaintance's life. Why the hell would you want to know about Tarquin's sudden liquorice allergy which led to 6 months on a life-support machine, even though he's now recovered enough to communicate using a series of blinks? Or Ariadne's brief marriage to a chap who turned out to be a serial killer who had left his last wife in bin bags in seven different counties? Or young Aristotle's address to the Wisbech Allotment Group which garnered 2 lines on page 63 of Turnip Grower's Weekly? Or Scheherazade's engagement to Luther Von Thongcreek, the much admired President of Burton-on-Trent's Transvestite Support Alliance? Or the very amusing misinterpretation of Montague's thesis on Osama Bin Laden which led to him spending 11 months as a prisoner in Guantanamo Bay, though he's alright now as long as someone holds his hand while he goes to sleep and sings a verse or two of We'll Gather Lilacs In The Spring again in order to convince him that eating weetabix is not an arrestable offence? Such boring trivialities...

That's just my kind of humour, what a lark!

I, too, detest those round robin newsletters, I mean, who on earth gives the tiniest mouse sized shite about the absolute minutiae of some distant acquaintance's life. Why the hell would you want to know about Tarquin's sudden liquorice allergy which led to 6 months on a life-support machine, even though he's now recovered enough to communicate using a series of blinks? Or Ariadne's brief marriage to a chap who turned out to be a serial killer who had left his last wife in bin bags in seven different counties? Or young Aristotle's address to the Wisbech Allotment Group which garnered 2 lines on page 63 of Turnip Grower's Weekly? Or Scheherazade's engagement to Luther Von Thongcreek, the much admired President of Burton-on-Trent's Transvestite Support Alliance? Or the very amusing misinterpretation of Montague's thesis on Osama Bin Laden which led to him spending 11 months as a prisoner in Guantanamo Bay, though he's alright now as long as someone holds his hand while he goes to sleep and sings a verse or two of We'll Gather Lilacs In The Spring again in order to convince him that eating weetabix is not an arrestable offence? Such boring trivialities...

Did you write Sunset Beach by any chance? :mysmilie_11:

Just imagine, Nessie, if you sent out a round robin, you'd have to mention the fact that you were disqualified from that talent contest when it was discovered you had slept with all the judges, including one of Ken Dodd's Diddymen, who went on to sell his story, with pictures, to the Knotty Ash Chronicle...

I used to receive round robins from a couple of people and yes they can make you feel a bit inadequate.........I don't get them any more because that fantastic husband with the hugely successful business worked so hard that he had no time for the marriage...... and that extremely talented wife, found hubby boring and up and left him!:heartbroke:

Ive just had another one! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!! :sad:

I could redress the balance. There was a fab film called Woman in a Dressing Gown with Yvonne Mitchell. Heartbreakingly good. Now, I am a woman in a dressing gown. I cannot part with it, but I have to tomorrow to finish all the last minute things. After finishing work I mentally caved in. Dressing gown and jimjams being my preferred attire, oh the delight of fresh ones each day after a hot shower and my dressing gown today is pale blue. I look a picture, a card with my preferred attire and holding cup in hand could grace your mantlepiece to remind you that, slob is too harsh a word, resting is to be desired at this time of year to recharge the old batteries. Rushing round filling my life with crammed minutes of braggable ramblings is not my thing. That old Cadbury advert for Caramel with the rabbit resting against a tree, rest a while, that's me, only a while is quite a long time in my case. A Very Restful Merry Christmas To You All. XXXXXXXX

I'm with you on this one, definitely. Looking forward to spending more time in mt dressing gown in 2011!

Latest posts

Back