Debbie

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Absolutely! I don’t think for one moment they should lose their jobs but didn’t jump the queue? Come on, we saw them walking PAST the queue! I think it was pretty unfortunate for them that David Beckham was photographed in the queue for 13 hours at the same time, 😂, I bet they could kick him. And apparently despite their visit, the station used other footage from News sources, and H&P didn’t broadcast live. So how was it necessary? Spectacular own goal.

On the clip upthread, its quite noticeable how he collides into the studio and interrupts Debbie several times. Seems to be all about him all those years ago too.
Yep, ITV acted like fools. In many quarters, others have overreacted like fools... then you have the person at the heart of the storm underreacting like a fool too.

It is so interesting to see how many people in broadcasting here and across the pond are being exposed as nothing like their carefully crafted personas. These days it seems some are naïve enough to think that they won't be found out.
It's far better to be consistent and true to your own character and personality, or if you have created a persona, to stay within it at all times. There was no better exponent and example of the value of this than the late Queen. All encounters great or trivial with powerful or ordinary folk have been consistent. She was considerate and kind, and interested in others. Many celebrities should take note and try to do better.

Pride will usually take a fall sooner or later.
Absolutely… if they both held their hands up and felt awful and said sorry to their many viewers who are elderly etc .. then I think their humility would have stopped all the nonsense .. it’s taken the attention away from the late Queen and the media just keep on and on … 🤦🏻‍♀️
They are human after all .: too much money etc .., maybe gone to their heads. Think they are untouchable maybe 🤔…he was rude when he said to Debbie “ move up “ excuse me please is what I’ve been taught

Mum must have been psychic, because she didn't like Jimmy Saville or Rolf Harris either. :rolleyes: and we all know how they turned out.
Didn’t like Rolf Harris .. that jake the pake song was creepy … jimmy saville a psycho who drew many in … to think the poor late queen had to share a room with Harris and he painted her 🤦🏻‍♀️
My sis in law still doesn’t believe he’s guilty either 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t engage with her anymore … or mother-in-law .. they both say the same thing 😣

I’m generally don’t like to criticise people’s voices or accents, because they’re usually not something that the person can control . Same goes for any physical attribute/appearance they’ve been dealt!

However, it does sound as if Debbie is putting that voice on at times - or at least “baby-fying” it (a word? It should be bc it’s exactly what Claire Sutton used to do BIG time!)

I think with age her pitch has lowered and much as I hate her accent, again it is what it is!

But for a couple of lines there, I could’ve sworn she sounded Liverpudlian?!
Is that just me?
And/or was it intentional?

I used to see the broom cupboard occasionally, usually when my younger brother made me, but no recollection of Debbie. Maybe it was after my time!

Did the video give a date?
I think she comes from South London. I like to hear regional accents as well. I've heard Julia 'put on' what might be called a 'posh' accent when she's with a guest she considers a cut above the rest. I'm sure Debbie can be a language chameleon as well.

Didn’t like Rolf Harris .. that jake the pake song was creepy … jimmy saville a psycho who drew many in … to think the poor late queen had to share a room with Harris and he painted her 🤦🏻‍♀️
My sis in law still doesn’t believe he’s guilty either 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t engage with her anymore … or mother-in-law .. they both say the same thing 😣
I wonder if the Queen shuddered after Harris left. The portrait must have taken a couple of sittings. I wonder on what grounds your in-laws think he is not guilty.

I know … it infuriates me and makes me feel sick that they think this …😖 I won’t engage with them about it anymore

The poor Queen ..
She had to have a strong stomach for sone of the people who were foisted on her for State visits... eventually I think she actually hid from the Ceauşescus on their stay at Windsor ot BP...

When she was launching Exemplar Planet with SW and Lavers back in 2001 or so, they had some particularly awful products (even more awful than today’s) to fill air time, I assume. For want of anything better to do at the time, (my social worker never found out), I used my state of the art BT Easicom phone to ‘help them out’ and send in some pretend viewer faxes (like Hugh Jelliphant, Mike Hunt..) Not expecting them to be read out, they read out virtually every one. Old Skin was flogging an ate all the lie..pies Feng Shui character model named Fuk Luk Sau to pass the time on air. Sending her a fax from somebody like Lou Salsatian from Cockermouth, I simperingly praised IW for being a breath of fresh shopping air and for it being the first time, too, that I had seen a decent FUK live on air, which she read out in a back slapping tone until what she had read out finally clicked with her about seven years later!!

Latest posts

Back