Debbie

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 22840

Guest Shopper
Has anyone ever watched DF on YouTube with Philip Schofield in the broom cupboard? OMG I thought her voice was bad now but you want to hear it then lol. So embarrassing but she still thought she was the bees knees even then.

I thought he was Tom Daley in this clip. anyone else thionk so?

I can see where your coming from Stratobuddy . I just read this morning that Philip Scofield has lost his contract with WBAC.com worth 1 Million pounds due to queue gate!! Back to Debbie in the broom cupboard.

I'm sorry that Phil Schofield has lost his job in advertising but why on earth did he not just come out and say "OMG, I'm so sorry, I was offered the side door and I don't know what I was thinking but I went for it". I don't like him but I would have accepted that. He lied about it though and now he's toast. Lesson to be learned there Phil.

CC

I'm sorry that Phil Schofield has lost his job in advertising but why on earth did he not just come out and say "OMG, I'm so sorry, I was offered the side door and I don't know what I was thinking but I went for it". I don't like him but I would have accepted that. He lied about it though and now he's toast. Lesson to be learned there Phil.

CC
Pride will usually take a fall sooner or later.

CC
Got it in one. If he had had the humility and decency to express regret he would have been fine. Even if the excuse trotted out by ITV had been true (which it still may be), sometimes you win by behaving as if you're in the wrong and lose by standing by being right. It may not be fair, but that is how the world works once a story has gotten it's own energy on social media. Anyone in PR advising ITV, Holly or Phil should have been advising them accordingly, imo.
I think it's telling how silent their compatriots on ITV have been. Maybe not well liked?

CC
I hated those ads, and changed channels or radio stations whenever they came on

When I saw DF's hair in that clip, that was how Chloe looked when she first started. She had a fringe that was lacquered solid across her forehead, but the rest of it was like Flinty's. I'm thinking, how on earth did Flinty get a job on kids tv ? but clearly she didn't go on to make millions like Schofield did. - ( but as least she has her freebies to keep her warm instead)

When I saw DF's hair in that clip, that was how Chloe looked when she first started. She had a fringe that was lacquered solid across her forehead, but the rest of it was like Flinty's. I'm thinking, how on earth did Flinty get a job on kids tv ? but clearly she didn't go on to make millions like Schofield did. - ( but as least she has her freebies to keep her warm instead)
It looks like she’s had her teeth straightened as well because in the clip a couple of front ones are hanging out to dry!

CC
Totally agree Candycane! He’s his own worst enemy!! To big an ego to say sorry? His approach was all wrong and he’s now facing the consequences.

He considers himself a national treasure and every love him no matter what.
He’s desperate for an honour from the King(first time I’ve written that seems weird),he was so jealous when Eamonn Holmes received his - he smiled through gritted teeth.

Totally agree Candycane! He’s his own worst enemy!! To big an ego to say sorry? His approach was all wrong and he’s now facing the consequences.

He’s desperate for an honour from the King(first time I’ve written that seems weird),he was so jealous when Eamonn Holmes received his - he smiled through gritted teeth.
Apparently desperate for a Knighthood why?Lets hope Charlie or whoever refuses that privilege.

Apparently desperate for a Knighthood why?Lets hope Charlie or whoever refuses that privilege.
Totally agree Old Man Steptoe. Exactly why? He’s always talking about his work with the Princes Trust and has done a couple of documentaries - one about the Late Prince Philip. During the documentary Prince Philip came towards him(obviously pre arranged) and said “So your the one following me around. Who are you anyway?” I found that really funny poor Philip S,his face just dropped.

It amused me they were called "accredited journalists".
We are not fools. They are never in a million years journalists... that I have ever heard, anyway.
Far too many people in public life are angling for gongs. I'd rather see people rewarded who are not fishing for honours. That's why it's so much more cheering to see ordinary Joe-shmoes being honoured.
But I think it's long past time the honours were overhauled and modernised. It beggars belief that most gongs still include the word Empire. That is part of the past, not the future. There must be worthwhile alternative names. Substitute Commonwealth for Empire, or Excellence for Empire? Or Honour (echoing the French honours)...

Last edited:
It amused me they were called "accredited journalists".
Absolutely! I don’t think for one moment they should lose their jobs but didn’t jump the queue? Come on, we saw them walking PAST the queue! I think it was pretty unfortunate for them that David Beckham was photographed in the queue for 13 hours at the same time, 😂, I bet they could kick him. And apparently despite their visit, the station used other footage from News sources, and H&P didn’t broadcast live. So how was it necessary? Spectacular own goal.

On the clip upthread, its quite noticeable how he collides into the studio and interrupts Debbie several times. Seems to be all about him all those years ago too.

Has anyone ever watched DF on YouTube with Philip Schofield in the broom cupboard? OMG I thought her voice was bad now but you want to hear it then lol. So embarrassing but she still thought she was the bees knees even then.
I’m generally don’t like to criticise people’s voices or accents, because they’re usually not something that the person can control . Same goes for any physical attribute/appearance they’ve been dealt!

However, it does sound as if Debbie is putting that voice on at times - or at least “baby-fying” it (a word? It should be bc it’s exactly what Claire Sutton used to do BIG time!)

I think with age her pitch has lowered and much as I hate her accent, again it is what it is!

But for a couple of lines there, I could’ve sworn she sounded Liverpudlian?!
Is that just me?
And/or was it intentional?

I used to see the broom cupboard occasionally, usually when my younger brother made me, but no recollection of Debbie. Maybe it was after my time!

Did the video give a date?

Latest posts

Back