Where has gone…..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Those with lots of disposable cash who watch QVC can end up with a surplus of everything. I am at that point in my life when I am giving possessions away, not collecting more. I'm often tempted, because the qvc presenters are very good at their jobs, but I resist ninety percent of the time. Too much "stuff" is a shell on your back.
Totally agree, and for me it has come with age and experience. I've not got a massive amount of money to spend, but enough to treat myself and my family but I'm a lot more fussy nowadays and have started to consider "Do I really NEEEEED this thing I'm about to put in my virtual basket?"
Looking back on my "statement", even though all things considered it wasn't that bad - I did buy an awful lot of junk, and I can't forget that I shopped a lot with other channels too.
I've learned that having lots of "stuff" is a burden. I have no desire to go minimalist or anything, but I'd have to say that I'm getting a lot more joy out of making use of the things I already have, and getting rid of stuff that doesn't bring me joy. I have found that the period between checking out my basket, and the parcel arriving can be more satisfying that actually receiving the goods! I get far less of a buzz shopping on the high street 'cause it's harder work, if that makes sense..seeing all these tantalising things being paraded in front of your eyes, and being described so beautifully that can be yours at the click of a switch - gives a temporary buzz. I'm pleased to say I'm over that these days and spend my money far more wisely!

Latest posts

Back