Decleor TSV 24/08/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Phew that's a bit of an investment without EP. I was intent on getting this but they will have to do the hard sell on me now. (I could still be convinced!) I wonder what will be in the Auto Delivery or if it will be just repeat products.

I was thinking of ordering this....till I saw the price with no easy pay.

It is pricier than some past Decleor TSV's although not the most expensive, think there was one over £60 at one time, but all the beauty TSV prices are increasing! It is a good saving as the contents are worth £160 approx.

I have been using Decleor for over 10 years and I am in my thirties.

Hydra Floral is a great moisturiser for all age groups.

My granddaughter aged 27 has had very dry skin and eczema all her life and has recently discovered Liz Earle products and thinks they are fantastic for her skin.

Thanks very much. Do Decleor do anything for younger skin?

They do. Personally, I would suggest you pop into a dept store where they sell it so they can take a look at what you need and hopefully give you samples.

If you are concerned about using animal ingredients there are many cruelty free brands.

I was tempted by this and then thought NO!---I am going to give up looking for the 'Holy Grail'.I have been using Liz Earle for ages now with some Clinique products.If it is suitable for those in their 30's then what is it going to do for me in my late 60's?!!!I never go without day & night creams & am fanatical about cleansing & have been since my teens when I used to rub Camay soap into my skin ( whatever is that I can hear you youngsters say!)

I bet the TSV will be available at a slightly higher introductory price after today and very likely before long on easy pays.

I bet the TSV will be available at a slightly higher introductory price after today and very likely before long on easy pays.

Only 6,000 Tsvs were sold all day so i think it will be back at intro price for months to come lol

I think the problem is they are coming to quick now. People can't afford them the same Unless on easy pay.We are getting beauty tsvs every week just now. They must think we are made of money. Remember the days when we were desperate for the next beauty tsv.

I notice that after the HOF Glagow Decleor closing, the brand seems to have reduced its high street presence even further with the following three counters having disappeared/closed for good;

John Lewis Westfield Stratford City ( no Decleor presence at Westfield Stratford now! :-( )
John Lewis Bluewater ( Still at HOF Bluewater)
John Lewis Kingston ( New counter at Fenwicks Kingston:))

I'm sure these are not the only ones, anyone can list any further closures?

I can't list any Closures but in my local John Lewis they have moved the Decleor stand to a smaller space tucked away in the corner and Elemis have moved into the vacant space.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

Perhaps they are going back to spa's and salon's being their main focus rather than retail? Then they can stay on Q, charge higher prices as the retail competition dwindles and say "you can really only get this in a few stores now and mainly salons and Spa's and therefore Q is still cheaper." I wonder if we will see a reduction in online stockists like Feelunique too? Maybe they want to restore the brand's more exclusive luxury reputation rather than turn into a brand you can buy cheaply online.

We have a counter in Debenhams Belfast, quite small corner slot. I was told by a friend who works at the next counter, Decleor don't really do much business apart from the 10% off events. It would be sad if they did go. I do remember they where only in salons, the first counter I ever saw was Frasers Glasgow way back.

I think Elemis have very much taken over the premium spa brand skincare market in department stores. I'm 29 and everyone my age knows of Elemis, but only a couple have heard of Decleor. Although it has a high profile on QVC I don't think it translates to the high street, and maybe going back to a degree of exclusivity will work for them. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Elemis over the next 10 years, they aren't that exclusive brand anymore and it will always dilute the appeal and value.

I used to go to a hair salon that sold Decleor and had an occasional facial and they rarely made any Decleor product retail sales but still held a wide range of products. I wondered whether they were on sale or return or they must have lost money on stock going out of date. I imagine the retail counters in department stores are the same, possibly making a few more sales but nothing like the thousands of units shifted via QVC.

I've never seen Gatineau on sale other than on QVC or other beauty websites (or the odd item in TKMaxx).

Latest posts

Back