Delighted...... Then Gutted!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What a bliddy gorgeous pendant Lynda, I hope it is all you wish for when you wear it.

I know it has had some of the gloss knocked off it, but it's the chance we take when bidding on items live - it all depends on who is watching whenever the item goes to air. Life is full of chance and happenstance and if onlys.

It does not stop the pendant from being absolutely lush and of course you wouldn't find it elsewhere for the price you paid - so it is still a bargain all things considered.

Focus on the positive and forget the negative cos there's many of us who would love to own that pendant!!

Awww thanks sweetheart, it means a lot to know you like it too. :D

It's a beautiful pendant Lynda.

Had you decided to go for a replacement you would be paying an extra lot of P&P plus more P&P to send one back which narrows the gap on the price of the pendant a bit more. Still very annoying though.

You are absolutely right Sarah and I did factor in all the expense of sending it back, including that I may have needed a cab to get to the P.O. (it's not just rural areas that have lost their local P.O.) and decided to keep it. The fact that it's lush really helped though. ;)

I've even got a basket going at the mo (I'm a forgiving soul really :eek:) gathering up all the gems I meant to get over the past few years but never got around to getting like Madeira Citrene and London Blue Topaz in decent-ish carat weights before they price themselves out of the market. I'm not rushing though and still waiting for one particular ring I've seen in the shop to air. Wish me luck please everyone! :D

i think these experiences are symptomatic of being such a shrewd shopper.

the fact that you gravitate to places such as here shows that you invest alot of time in researching before you buy, something which the majority of people fail to do.

it must therefore be all the more painful to see that you could have obtained the item cheaper had you waited but you could never know that at the time and you relied on your extensive shopping knowledge when making the purchase.

the loss was not so great, especially when compared to the thousand pounds one you incurred previously. but you reacted very well to that by writing letters in order to recoup some of that investment.

what i am trying to get at is that you are a knowledgeable and dedicated shopper and because of this you not only get benefits in that you only buy quality products at good prices but at the other end of the stick, you are also more likely to see that product at a later date for a cheaper price.

Unfortunately us customers can't always predict the external forces that will result in products dropping in value, but you must not let this affect you or your enjoyment of the product as it looks like you got yourself a little gem there :D

Thank you Deal Breaker for those words of encouragement which were very flattering - but I need to be stopped not encouraged ;) - and a warm...........

c7bc9bcf.gif

To the forum!

Thank you Deal Breaker for those words of encouragement which were very flattering - but I need to be stopped not encouraged ;) - and a warm...........

c7bc9bcf.gif

To the forum!

well thank you lynda for your warm welcome.

i think everything is good in moderation so perhaps you should focus your powers of purchasing onto obtaining more of the excellent products you desire at rock bottom prices so that they will be begging you for the savings you make at their expense next time!

There was a time when someone from gems read through these posts and would try to sort things out to try and keep their loyal customers.Seems a shame that this does not happen anymore. Like you I would feel slighty angry at seeing the item for less not long after you had bought it. I would have to say it was bid for at a price I was willing to pay to get it and therefore I am happy with it.I have seen this with some items I have bought in the past too but they seems to be very much the way these days whether its with Gems or any other jewellery channel that do auctions. Suppose thats why they use the auction format cos if the item is sold that way then the buyers set the price that the item is sold at.If its a day when there are less people watching then there is a good chance the item will go cheaper then if loads of people bid for it.
Its a lovely thing and the colour is so pretty,enjoy it and what I do to feel better I look in the window of the local jewellers and see the huge prices they have on similar items.

Latest posts

Back