Diane Gilman TSV 30/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I AGREE that Catherine looks much heavier than a size 10 - she has very sturdy hips and thighs - but maybe it is camera angles as has been said above. The crinkly knees is not a good look, and the models needed to size up. It was noticeable that despite being 5'9 and above they all had to wear heels to stop the hems sweeping the floor. I'm 5'7 but always wear petite sizing in most makes, as despite having long legs anything longer hides my feet and looks ridiculous.

I ordered and returned a pair of NDJs from Peter Hahn recently. Good quality, but the rise was slightly too low for me.

If you like the quality it's worth trying a few different styles as some are a better fit than others. However, as I say, I find the denim wears thin anywhere that rubs, and I have to demote them from smart wear to round the house wear quite quickly.
If you are visiting the USA they tend to be about half the UK price there, which is a considerable difference.

Regardless of whether Catherine is 10/12 or more, I think her general figure is a better representation of a british pear-shape, than some of the other more statuesque models (eg: Tanya, Goodie, Sharon who are tall and slender). But definitely they should think about sizing up the trousers for the models.

Bizarrely, when I caught some of the "top up" clips they were running after the TSV presentation (1-2am hour) they had segments with Ali K looking very thin and completely drowned by both the top and the bottom. Another clip had Julia in the purple boxy t-shirt, and a lovely turquoise colour pair of trousers which were somewhat loose on her.

I know that generally the models get allocated the small size (same as they always get allocated shoes in a particular size), so the size available for the presenters must have been medium or above.

I'm all for fitted garments being fitted, but not where it looks like one false move will burst the seams.

I didn't purchase the TSV because I couldn't work out which size to go for.Im a 14 and I was listening to the presenters for advice about sizing down but I didn't hear it.I don't like skin tight jeans but these seem to be very stretchy .Anyway in the end I couldn't decide.Money saved......

I didn't purchase the TSV because I couldn't work out which size to go for.Im a 14 and I was listening to the presenters for advice about sizing down but I didn't hear it.I don't like skin tight jeans but these seem to be very stretchy .Anyway in the end I couldn't decide.Money saved......

I was the same. Dithered over the white till it sold out.
Today I went into M&S & tried on a few different styles of white jeans. I bought a PerUna pair which are a great fit, bit of stretch, narrow straight leg, for £29.50 so cheaper than the TSV if you include p&p. Got to try different sizes so sure of a fab fit with the 14, slim leg but don't wrinkle

I'm off to M&S tomorrow as I got a 20% off and a £5 voucher from them this morning, so glad I resisted ordering yesterday.

I found my DG jeggings. They are an awful fit. I look like Jill franks looks in them - baggy all the way down the legs

My white and natural pairs arrived today and guess what ... too small! I'd already bought the black ones to check the size but the ones I received today are quite a bit smaller.

I've put a few pounds on this last month and so need to shift them so maybe that will make a difference otherwise I'm going to have to size up on them. Presumably qvc will pay the return postage since the sizing is inconsistent.

Has anyone else noticed that despite whatever brand of jeans you buy, the white (or coloured) version always come up a lot smaller ! I thought it was just me, until I read DunmowD's comment.

I have just spent the morning in Marks with a 20% and money off vouchers burning a hole in my pocket but just couldn't get a pair of jeans for my shape, not helped by a limited range of sizes in stock. Disheartened I came home and pulled out all the ones in cupboards and found that I already had 6 pairs as good as anything on offer albeit that a couple need taken up but for the sake of a few pounds I've got more than enough to do since I can't wear them to work so weekend only really.

Ps, that didn't stop me buying other stuff!

even primark skinny legs are better than these for fit and a third of the price..marks and spencer are excellent.

I liked the ones they stocked a couple of years ago called after classic film stars which were to suit specific shapes. I think the were, Eva, Marilyn , etc.

I'm wearing a pair of 20 year old Next jeans today. An excellent fit. They are high waisted. No Lycra but very comfortable. The quality is fantastic compared to today's offerings.

Well I've just got the natural jeans on. I could pull and wriggle much more today as yesterday I'd just done my nails. I look like the model Jane all sausage legs and yes Diane muffin top too. But they are comfy now on so I'm going to see if they are OK once worn for a bit and stretched in.. The natiral ones were the ones I was unsure of but they are a lovely colour and nice soft fabric.

i bought the blue in size 20, but I ordered the 22 in the other colours. As although they do fit I wanted to see how the larger ones would be. Three of the four pairs have now arrived, and the larger size fits much better round the seat & thighs, but they are loose on the waist. I'm keeping them, as I am happy with the comfortable fit. I'm still waiting for the white ones though.

I've received the natural ones today. The fit is nothing like the other pairs I have.
They're supposed to be "short" but are at least four inches longer than my others & the body fit is much smaller so too tight & too long.

Latest posts

Back