Disapointed...... :o(

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

great thread guys! things I buy and wear every day have to be durable as Im always washing my hands ( work in a pre school) and they get quite alot of harsh wear and tear...:) perhaps it might be worth the presenters mentioning the durability of pieces when they present them....at least mentioning the more fragile stones. I know that I have heard the presenters saying about putting pieces on after make up and toiletries before. :)

door and split it almost in two :11:

So basically, treat all jewellery with care! (Oh and buy enough so that you don't have to wear the same piece every day :32:)

Apologies for the long post but I hope that helps.

:1:Now you are making me feel better!

Although its not the same situation . I bought an amythyst solitaire from Rocks and was so disapointed when the stone fell out , couldnt find the paper work emailed live help etc etc then examined the ring again !........................ It definatley wasnt the same shape as when it was delivered ............ shuffling feet from OH ........... he had trodden on it !!!! total accident so can I add some advice keep size 10 feet of your jewelery ! Managed to pop the stone back in , its a little off centre but I think it will survive . Still love the ring .

Although its not the same situation . I bought an amythyst solitaire from Rocks and was so disapointed when the stone fell out , couldnt find the paper work emailed live help etc etc then examined the ring again !........................ It definatley wasnt the same shape as when it was delivered ............ shuffling feet from OH ........... he had trodden on it !!!! total accident so can I add some advice keep size 10 feet of your jewelery ! Managed to pop the stone back in , its a little off centre but I think it will survive . Still love the ring .

Oh dear brenny :eek: and squished by a pair of size 10's WOW, my hubby is a size 8 lol. I'm sure someone else on here had one of their items steamrollered - well maybe not literally, but i believe it had turned up that way :52: Will deffo keep the hubby and his feet away from my bling now though lol.

Oh my word what a week or 3 i've had. Been suffering from a bad back and its only just started to feel better and then today i end up with a cough and now i've got a runny nose :26: Its not been long since i recovered from my chest infection - i think my immune systems shot!!! Nevermind, i shall soldier on....:)

Meeshoo, i'm very tempted to print out your last post as it covers quite a range of things to look out for......in fact i'm going to do it.....:D. I will add it to my J Box where it will live in harmony with my bling hehehe!!!

Can i just add that i love Rocks and their gems. I've purchased many, MANY items from them and have been happy with most of my items. And to those unfortunate items that i have, Rocks have been very good in their support and helpfulness - so much so that i couldn't wish for any better!!! :1: Thanks again Sarah for taking the time to post!!! And thanks again to all of you that have also posted on this sensitive subject. xxxx

Last edited:
I bought that bracelet for my mum's birthday at the end of this month...I thought the marcasite was pave set - some of them are, but can't say with this item as it isn't on the authenticity card. I ooked at it under a magnifying glass (not a loupe), and can't really tell tbh. I just looked at tomorrow's schedule and as luck would have it there aren't many marcasite items, but of the ones there are, some are listed as pave set, and one of them doesn't mention a setting, which rings alarm bells...

I'm about to e-mail rocks and ask about this - if Gems tv's marcasite is all claw set, then I would hope rocks can follow suit...

Rocks do mention the setting inscheduled items, but not the extra ones...I shall ask them about this too...

Faulty/damaged items & returns.

Hiya ( 1st post so treat me gently!)

Read this thread with interest, as its always disappointing when things go wrong, whatever the item is, and nice to know what your options are.

Thankfully, so far, I havent had any problems with any of my rocks purchases (35+ & counting!)

On the back of rocks delivery notes, it clearly states their policy re faulty items

" If your jewellery becomes faulty within 30 days of receipt, you will be offered the choice of a refund, or, if stock is still available of that particular piece, a replacement. If your jewellery becomes faulty after 30 days, but within six months of receipt, we will offer our choice of a refund, replacement or repair, unless we, at our sole discretion, determine that the fault has arisen through misuse of the product. Please follow the instructions on the returns form in the enclosed newsletter."

I think stomped on by size 10's probably comes under 'misuse of product'!!!

Hope this helps.

I think they glue the marcasite stones, unlike Gems.tv who claw set them, so I haven't gone for any from Rocks.

Well, I tried to resize a marcasite ring from Gemstv and I was phoned up by outwork and told that they WERE glued in and that they didnt have any glue in at the moment so when they resized them, they might fall out!

I thought Gems claw set them too!

Read this thread with interest, as its always disappointing when things go wrong, whatever the item is, and nice to know what your options are.

Thankfully, so far, I havent had any problems with any of my rocks purchases (35+ & counting!)

On the back of rocks delivery notes, it clearly states their policy re faulty items

" If your jewellery becomes faulty within 30 days of receipt, you will be offered the choice of a refund, or, if stock is still available of that particular piece, a replacement. If your jewellery becomes faulty after 30 days, but within six months of receipt, we will offer our choice of a refund, replacement or repair, unless we, at our sole discretion, determine that the fault has arisen through misuse of the product. Please follow the instructions on the returns form in the enclosed newsletter."

I think stomped on by size 10's probably comes under 'misuse of product'!!!

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum blingbird. Hope you are enjoying the fun!

Hello blingbird! 'waves':1:

I suppose a difficulty may arise when, like me, you own certain items that sit in the jewellery box for a 'special' occasion. They could well have been owned for much longer than 6 months, you wear them a couple of times, and a stone disappears! I suppose the only way of getting around that scenario is to wear all your bestest blingiest pieces down the supermarket as soon as you receive them,(carefully!) and if someone says something, or you get a strange look, just say that you are 'road testing your jewellery'.......:54:

(I do appreciate that it is very difficult for any jewellery company to give an indefinite guarantee btw, but can just forsee a situation where the above may happen) Dunno how that would be resolved, as if you have had the item for some time, it's only your word as to how many times you have worn it!

I think stomped on by size 10's probably comes under 'misuse of product'!!!Hope this helps.

Think I agree with you BB do you think I can get refund on OH LOL

Just noticed today that my Marcasite & Pearl bracelet has lost some of its marcasite stones. Have only had the bracelet for about a month so not impressed :31: Will be getting on to rocks tonight via the live help to see what they have to say.

Can't believe it really as its my favourite piece of jewellry from them. Has anyone else noticed any issues with their pieces - especially those items that are worn the most? Can you all go and look for me :33: (my marcasite & pearl bracelet is the dainty tennis type).

Somewhat worried now about the rest of my Rocks items as don't want them lasting just a month after wearing them and especially those items that i purchased as Xmas pressies - how embarrassing would that be :11:

Sorry for the moan, but am quite saddened by this :31:

View attachment 604

This is the reason i have not purchased from rockstv, a lady i work with did and found that 2 out of the 3 items she brought lost stones, not good at all.

I have bought aprox 30 items from Rocks so far and have never had a problem with any of it. In fact the quality of everything I have had has been absolutely fabulous!

This is the reason i have not purchased from rockstv, a lady i work with did and found that 2 out of the 3 items she brought lost stones, not good at all.

I think you have made the same or similar point, Glinda on a number of occasions, but I have not had any problems with Rocks.tv unlike QVC, Sit-up, Gems and Ideal World as well as British Gas and my local Chinese Take away lol. On the other hand I never criticise a Company I have never used. You have a right to your opinion but I would suggest to anyone who hasn't tried Rocks to do so with the reassurance that if owt goes wrong they will sort it. :33:

I have been happy with my Rocks purchases too. I've had a problem with one piece, which I've returned for replacement. Absolutely no fuss, no quibble, replacement or refund offered, apology given, what more can a company do? I think the fact that Steve, John, & Sarah Bennett have bothered to join the forum, read our posts and respond speaks volumes to their committment to customer service & satisfaction.

This is a new venture, and as with any new company there are inevitably a few teething problems, the mark of a good company is not how they deal with things when they go well, but how they deal with them when they don't - I can only speak from my experience, and that has been nothing but positive.

I too have bought about 30 or so items, by no means a prolific buyer compared to some, but enough to be able to judge the quality of their goods, and I'm happy to recommend them.

:doggie:

Well said M4G! I have 80+ items from rocks and coloured rocks. Only 2 items have been replaced due to faults and I for one am very pleased with the quality of all the items. Excellent CS and I love rocks xx

I've never had quality issues with Rocks either. I've only returned items that are not to my taste. I know that items can occasionally be faulty, but if stones have dropped out of two items I would imagine that they'd been worn when doing manual labour.

I will also add that,having purchased many items(about 40) that I have rarely,if ever had a quality problem....in fact the only item sent back for replacement is a watch with an iffy clasp(being sorted now).
Katherine is even going to replace it for me in rose gold rather than the yellow gold one I bought, as that is the one I really wanted.:1:

So........everything else has been fab and fine and it has all been worn without any issues.

Occasionally things go wrong but the measure of a company is what they do when a problem occurs.......Rocks ALWAYS come up trumps in that area.

Buy with complete confidence,folks!:1:

Latest posts

Back