Why are QVC so slow?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I'm referring to their actual operation as a company, more than their products. I've noticed that payments for orders placed are taking longer and longer to be requested from my bank, which makes an absolute mess of my monthly accounting as my balance goes up and down depending on when they get around to asking for it. Refunds have always taken an age, especially when compared with most other distance retailers out there. And why are they so slow with despatches and deliveries? I know this had been brought up on the forum before, but I still can't fathom why other companies can have their products at my door, often for little or no charge, in the time it takes QVC just to get them out of their warehouse. QVC can't say it's down to volume of orders or customer numbers and many of the other businesses I deal with are far bigger and manage a better service. Sometimes I purchase from overseas and those items are delivered more quickly than QVC's orders. Unless they are working deliberately slowly, or have too few staff to actually provide a good service, I don't know, but I'm getting increasingly aggravated at paying "next day" service charges but having to wait several days, at best, to actually receive anything.

I instantly thought of the deliver times when I saw the title. 5-7 working days, so its actually longer now than years gone by, yet most companies now offer next day delivery. I think qvc are way behind on that. They could make a lot of money if they offered a next day delivery. I know I would use it, as often I need things quicker for presents. Most of my orders take the 5 days, its very rare I get things through any quicker.

I don't order much from QVC nowadays but I did order the GTech Air Ram. It was on advanced order, scheduled to be dispatched w/c 1st April, but it arrived last Saturday ....... so that was a surprise! With another reorder of a product I've used before, they sent the wrong item, collected it the next day and dispatched the correct item the same day. That got smashed in the depot so the courier returned it and then I had to wait for two weeks for a refund because the finance department were saying the courier returned item hadn't reached them. I gave up in the end with trying to order the item from them and, after eventually receiving my refund, I found it elsewhere, cheaper and with free P&P and it arrived in two days. So QVC have lost that reorder in the future from me,

After all the botch ups with RCM, my order and now there appear to be problems with the Ultrasun TSV, they're probably too busy correcting their errors to be able to send things out on time. With some of their items obtainable more cheaply elsewhere, plus the fact they don't always honour their 5- 7 day delivery promise, they need to 'get their act together' or they will lose customers.

welcome to be club - I know exactly how you feel - Northern Ireland is often excluded and we are in UK, carriage rates are ridiculous even though it costs exactly the same to post within Ulk.

I still haven't received a NinaLeonard item ordered 2 weeks ago and this is not unusual.

I find qvc very tardy when it comes to refunds. something does not arrive. you phone qvc. they put a form in the post. you send back the form. the you wait and wait.its just too blatant that they want your money and hope you forget.

Latest posts

Back