Do you remember your "first time"?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really enjoyed reading the whole of this thread, so much so I forgot to click "Like" on many, so please all of you considered yourself Liked from me..

I joined in 2010 I think, my DD told me about the forum and I lurked and laughed, then jumped in one day when someone asked a question that I could answer..there was a novelty! So much hurry I ended up with my stupid username (I see there are a few of us who wished we'd chosen something different!) - but everything I tried around my given name of Carol was already taken..never thought of adding my birth year or something on, but I'm old, and a bit slow, so you'll have to bear with me..! I've met some lovely people here, one or two of whom are now e-mail pals, and some of the threads do get a bit lively don't they :grin: but on the whole it's an enjoyable place and I'm round and about most days even if I've not much to post about, enjoying a read..thanks to all! :wink:

I've been on here for more than 10 years. I always remember a very witty American lady who posted a lot but can't remember her name.

PHP:
I've been on here for more than 10 years. I always remember a very witty American lady who posted a lot but can't remember her name.

Just read tanglefoot's post who mentioned the person I was thinking of, 'beanzontoastwithchips', she was a fun poster. I remember after one of the crashes she was forced to change her name and had to drop the 'with chips' bit.

It might just be my recent absence but I haven't seen Broomstick Babe or the lovely Tudor Rose or Jacadee. And I will never forget Fraggle.
B
Broomie is now Miss Kitty and Fraggle pops back occasionally, she posted in the Drop last year during the French Open and we always have a good old lust I mean chat about Nadal. :grin:

She is now my best friend and it was about 11 years ago strato, we meet up almost weekly, dependant on my shift pattern

Is that Ann you are talking about? If so ask her if she remembers Cazzie (mention Jasper Carrott) and tell her a big hello from me.

Can you also ask her about the now-defunct "other" shopping telly forum too, see if she remembers it; it was run by someone called Sam, I think).

If Mystryn's first name is Meg than my OH remembers her from the other forum too and sends her regards. She thinks she was known as Kat, or Katie. They kept in touch privately for a while after the other ST forum folded. But OH thinks it was run by Sam as well, a largish man with a beard.

EDIT - - OH is not sure about the name Meg, but definitely remembers Mystryn (she may have been thinking about Mystic Meg lol).

Last edited:
Well Sue very occasionally posts in the Drop as does Mysterymermaid about twice a year. Gordon started his own private website about 6 years ago after he left here but it folded after about a year as did Scottish Graham, Hampton married Stuart last year and hasn't been around for ages but keeps in touch with several fms on FB. King posted under a few other names in the past but doesn't now, AD and Snoopy were both banned for life and as far as I know aren't here under any other names...but who knows?? :wink:

Hi Sue:hi: I'm still here and I've been lurking a lot lately. There is always something interesting to read though so you will never get rid of me completely! Many familiar names that bring back good memories. Hope you are well xxx

Think I will have to after that warm welcome!!:mysmilie_483:

I've been here for about 10 years now and my first post was probably about Andy Hodgson, who I had a bit of a crush on at the time. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can't remember how I found this forum, but I'm very glad I did! I joined on the day that I found it, in October 2008. Where does the time go when you're having fun? :wink:

I don't know any forumites in person ............. I just 'know' them from their posts and many of them make me laugh (out loud.) Sometimes there are posts I read and I think "Oh, that's a bit controversial" and, more often than not, I don't post on that thread. That isn't because I don't believe in speaking my mind, but I prefer not to post incase the comments have been submitted while the person is affected by personal circumstances and I wouldn't want to cause further 'upset' if they are 'fragile' (if you know what I mean.) I take this approach because the majority of us have never met and are just 'usernames' behind a monitor and we don't know what's going on in people's lives unless they choose to tell us. I would, however, post in support of someone in the middle of a 'debacle' if I agreed with their point of view.

As a moderator on another forum, I have the greatest respect for Sazza and the job she does here and, obviously, for Graham for setting up and running this wonderful forum. Ian has saved me money by posting the 'heads up' on forthcoming TSVs and other forumites have also saved me money with their reviews and comments about products. I no longer buy much from QVC (just a few regular re-orders because I can't find the item elsewhere) or from the other shopping channels, but even if I never bought another item I would still have my daily visit to this forum. It's more addictive than shopping!! :wink:

Latest posts

Back