Do You Think Any Presenters Read This Forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amen to that Susie. I'm losing track of what day it is. Suddenly wondering when I last showered (living on your own its less of a problem 🤭 ), so its the tele, tele, tele.

Am currently totally obsessed, and I mean staying up til 2 in the morning, watching a Spanish love story on Netflix called Velvet - about a 50's /60's fashion store in Madrid, subtitles are so easy to follow, but the fellas in shiny suits, sunglasses and sports cars, the gorgeous 50's clothes, and the music, is an absolute dream ! Its a long running love story with family treachery and high finance, and who knew the Spanish had such humour, better than anything (and I include Bridgerton in this) I've seen on the box since God knows when. Give it a watch if you have Netflix. My neighbours and friends are 'hooked'.

I am beginning to feel like a prisoner in my own home. Not having a moan here, just saying.
I`ve had to farm out my dog to one of my sons and I`m missing her. I fractured my wrist before Christmas so I`ve been attending fracture clinic appointments and trying my best to cope one handed though I can still use the fingertips on my other hand because the cast doesn`t affect them. My dog is a labrador and hates walking on a lead around the streets, she`s used to running free over the fields where I usually walk her and sniffing and chasing things. With just one working arm and ice and snow on the ground, I can`t walk her as she should be. I miss her and Mr V can`t even help out because he`s been working and from Monday he starts 2 weeks of jury service. It`s dark by 4 o clock and there`s no lighting on or around the open fields.
She`s used to staying with my son because he has her when we go on holiday and she won`t be missing me as much as I`m missing her company.
To top it all yesterday I was getting into the passenger seat of the car and trying to juggle the door and my handbag with one arm, the edge of the door smacked me right in the eye and now I look as if I`ve been battling down the pub on a Saturday night and I have a corker of a black eye.
At this moment in time I just feel that life is a bitch !!!!

Honestly!, can they not get someone with a bit more class to present Gatineau than CE?, she might as well be flogging a lawnmower. Poor choice!
I know! I recorded three shows and watched a bit of the 9.00 yesterday. So that was two lots of Del Boy and 2 Chloe Everton. I didn’t watch any of today’s shows, just couldn’t face it. So I am still hoping for a decent presenter to talk me through the TSV I ordered!

If there was a box to tick on returns for inaccurate/lack of info with another box for the presenter you saw selling the item and they had the cost of each returned item taken out of their pay I'm sure they'd wake up. Pretty damn quick!

I honestly do not understand why the top brass allows this sloppy presenting with the boring/annoying/pointless chitchat. It's never going to increase sales as Q doesn't sell huge amounts to the kind of people who are 'influenced' by social media.

Pick just about any product on Q and read the reviews. Then look at the ages of the reviewers. I rarely see anyone under 40 and from the people I know of that age and up, they find presenters annoying and the freebies they brag about, sorry, advertise, off-putting to say the least. And that's just the people who bother looking at the blogs out of nosiness rather than the viewers that are increasingly turned off by this on-screen bragging.

The HUGE difference between your average influencer is that the real influencers will give an honest-ish opinion and not fake oooh and ahh over every single amazing item. Worse, the glaringly obvious 'I love this' and 'always' use that when there are items in direct competition with each other.

I am utterly relieved that I have Sky+ and the ability to fast-forward through their absolutely disgraceful presentations. From irritating, childish and quite obnoxious CE to simpering Chuntley, round to 'I'm-really-too-good-for-this-but-do-it-as-I'm-so-loved-by-my-adoring-fans' Julia and back to Fibby Flinty who doesn't give a crap about misleading viewers as long as she sells.

My wallet is doubly relieved as when I've queried returning items that have been missold I can play the show I recorded for the CS agent to listen to. I can then get my pre-paid returns label sent out to me and my original postage refunded instead of having to pay for both for an item that is nothing remotely like the presenter talking over the guest described.

I am beginning to feel like a prisoner in my own home. Not having a moan here, just saying.
I`ve had to farm out my dog to one of my sons and I`m missing her. I fractured my wrist before Christmas so I`ve been attending fracture clinic appointments and trying my best to cope one handed though I can still use the fingertips on my other hand because the cast doesn`t affect them. My dog is a labrador and hates walking on a lead around the streets, she`s used to running free over the fields where I usually walk her and sniffing and chasing things. With just one working arm and ice and snow on the ground, I can`t walk her as she should be. I miss her and Mr V can`t even help out because he`s been working and from Monday he starts 2 weeks of jury service. It`s dark by 4 o clock and there`s no lighting on or around the open fields.
She`s used to staying with my son because he has her when we go on holiday and she won`t be missing me as much as I`m missing her company.
To top it all yesterday I was getting into the passenger seat of the car and trying to juggle the door and my handbag with one arm, the edge of the door smacked me right in the eye and now I look as if I`ve been battling down the pub on a Saturday night and I have a corker of a black eye.
At this moment in time I just feel that life is a bitch !!!!
I'm sorry about your wrist & that you're missing your dog. If you can type with your good hand you could write a TV series with all that's happened to you recently. That jury will fill up most of the courtroom with everyone sitting 2 metres apart & finding a room for their deliberations will take some doing. Life is defo a bitch.

Amen to that Susie. I'm losing track of what day it is. Suddenly wondering when I last showered (living on your own its less of a problem 🤭 ), so its the tele, tele, tele.

Am currently totally obsessed, and I mean staying up til 2 in the morning, watching a Spanish love story on Netflix called Velvet - about a 50's /60's fashion store in Madrid, subtitles are so easy to follow, but the fellas in shiny suits, sunglasses and sports cars, the gorgeous 50's clothes, and the music, is an absolute dream ! Its a long running love story with family treachery and high finance, and who knew the Spanish had such humour, better than anything (and I include Bridgerton in this) I've seen on the box since God knows when. Give it a watch if you have Netflix. My neighbours and friends are 'hooked'.
Oh Brissles,I’m in stitches here, I didn’t want to say aloud but last night I was sitting wondering when I had a shower, never thought the day would come. On Sunday I nudged myself because I couldn’t believe it was Sundau again. Oh dear just glad it isn’t just happening to me🚣🏻‍♀️🚣🏻‍♀️🚣🏻‍♀️

If the presenters don’t, then I’m certain someone does and passes it on. For instance I recall we discussed Simon Biagi’s open chest last year, and this year he is virtually buttoned up to his neck. I don’t think that is coincidental!
After much discussion on here about freebies now they say 'I was lucky enough to be given a sample to try' and they often mentioned when talking about the 'wonderful' prizes being won on the recent competition that they were not allowed to enter but I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the BCC crowngate scandal is often spoken about in these posts.

Latest posts

Back