Does anyone else think that Julia Robert's daughter has an equine face?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it is natural for a mum to want her daughter or son to do well and I know if I had a chance to promote my child in any way I would take the opportunity.
If I read posts commenting on my childs features or making jokes about them I would be truely upset.
It is fair to comment on their skills perhaps as a model or singer and I don't have a problem with that however I do find it rather sad when a lovely young lady has rude comments made about her face.

I have received an email from Sophie Maxwell asking me to close this thread and ban the thread starter.

I have replied saying that I am not willing to do either, obviously this is a forum and various opinions are posted, I have said it hundreds of times that I don't agree with many of the posts, but I am unwilling to go the censorship route.

In my reply I also said:

"I am sorry that I am unable to reply in a more positive way, maybe being in the public eye is not the right career path for you."

You know what they say - "if you can't stand the heat etc etc"

P xx

OK I couldn't resist - after someone mentioned Google I had to have a go out of sheer noseyness.

Have a look at this:

http://www.starnow.co.nz/sophiemaxwell1/

Sophie is quoted as saying "I have been exposed to the entertainment industry in many aspects since a young age. I have appeal to many different audiences (ie young or more mature) and have the ability to adapt quickly within situations." :puke::puke::puke:

So, shouldn't be too difficult for her to adapt to mixed reviews should it?

It also states

"I have appeared on television modelling clothing and accessories by Butler and Wilson."

Wonder how that could have happened :grin::grin::grin:

P xx

Well I'm back.Sex and The City 2,was a right romp by the way,a few cringey moments for me personally,but the hard-core demographic will love it.

Anyway.....the mistake Sophie made was sending this e-mail in the first place,this thread was already dead,she resurrected it.

Or,maybe she is brighter than we give her credit for and this is some elaborate ruse to generate publicity,if so,well done Ms Maxwell.:up:

I have taken on board all the criticisms of those who hold the opposing view,I still don't concede that I did anything wrong,but I've taken them on board anyway.

To you all,I say this.I offer you an iron-clad,gold bullion,100% guarantee,that I will not send an e-mail to the administator to try and get you all banned.

Can't say fairer than that.:mysmilie_483:

:grin::grin::grin:

The bottom line is that we are ALL entitled to our opinions, whether we agree or not, and that surely is the purpose of this forum, thank heaven for Graham :happy:

To JR I would say this - PLEASE let your daughter make her own way in the world without interference because, as this thread has demonstrated, you are doing her no favours.

I think it is natural for a mum to want her daughter or son to do well and I know if I had a chance to promote my child in any way I would take the opportunity.
If I read posts commenting on my childs features or making jokes about them I would be truely upset.
It is fair to comment on their skills perhaps as a model or singer and I don't have a problem with that however I do find it rather sad when a lovely young lady has rude comments made about her face.

I agree that it is natural to want to promote and support your child and that if QVC are prepared to let her, then JR is only doing what most parents would.

I do think, though, that if Sophie is trying to sell her modelling skills and posts pictures like this - http://www.starnow.co.nz/images/member_profile_large/32/576732_976235.jpg on her cv, then she has to be prepared for her looks to be judged. As a model it is surely all about looks - she must know this otherwise why put head shots on her cv.

I agree that it is natural to want to promote and support your child and that if QVC are prepared to let her, then JR is only doing what most parents would.

I do think, though, that if Sophie is trying to sell her modelling skills and posts pictures like this - http://www.starnow.co.nz/images/member_profile_large/32/576732_976235.jpg on her cv, then she has to be prepared for her looks to be judged. As a model it is surely all about looks - she must know this otherwise why put head shots on her cv.

Even so, it must be horrible to read that people think you look like a horse, you have only got jobs because of your mother and you are rubbish at them to boot.

She should have grown up with my lovely father who couldn't wait to regale every audience with how plain and dimwitted I am. Was just what a growing girl needed. There is truth in what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I repeat if she were making her own choices things could be very different for her, she'd be herself at least.

She should have grown up with my lovely father who couldn't wait to regale every audience with how plain and dimwitted I am. Was just what a growing girl needed. There is truth in what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I repeat if she were making her own choices things could be very different for her, she'd be herself at least.

How do you know she isn't making her own choices and has asked her mother to help her?
As you know from personal experience it isn't pleasant hearing nasty things said about you.

She must have very narrow horizons if most of her projects are somehow linked with Mummy. However the Bransons etc all play the same game. Makes me think of how the Sinatra offspring got opportunities but never were able to be stellar like the old man. Btw I like the sisters and can't ever remember seeing or hearing Francis jnr.

HI

just saying hello, longtime reader of posts and viewer of qvc.
One golden rule (mine) never comment on other peoples offspring and how thier raised.
im sorry to say ive found this thread quite unpleasant ,just my view. :wave:

For my own opinion,I think I would want to help my children as much as I could - after all this world is tough enough as it is :sad:

however I do feel,to a certain extent - we just can't be in every area,of our children's lives.We can't shelter them from everything - sad as it is - all children (even adults) have to go through the normal teenage angst and "darker" moments of life - its what shapes us and makes us - and unfortunately,teaches us about "life".

I love my children,more than life itself - but sometimes they have to work things out on their own.I'm sure there have been times,when they've cried - or felt hurt or despondent - and I haven't even known about it.And as sad as it is - thats how life works - in order for them to grow and mature.

I don't ask my kids lots of questions.I hope I've equipped them for life - and the things I haven't equipped them for - well, I hoped they've either asked me or someone else along the way - or worked it out for themselves.When they leave my front door - well between going and coming back - I just hope they remember everything they've been brought up with.

Me,keeping asking them questions and wanting to shelter them from everything isn't going to help them.I'm not even "friends" with my children on social networking sites - simply because its their life and I don't want to know.Its there for them to express how they wish- about the ups and downs of their life.I'm sure (perhaps) there have been nasty comments on these sites about them - I certainly don't want to read that of my own children.None of this,is because I'm cold hearted - far from it - I just percieve all things as part of life.

Whats all this got to do with sophie and julia?! Well,on one hand - yes I do agree with all trying to help our children - and I agree it can't be pleasant to read such a thread from either sophie's or julia's point of view.however,I imagine sophie has had a "nice" upbringing -with the best of education,wealth,family ties and social netwoking - in short,a somewhat privileged lifestyle.

I have julia mention sophie having a hard time in growing up,with braces and many jaw surgies.how awful - no parent wants their child to have ill health - any more than they want their child to be bullied,abused or have poor housing and education.However,sadly many many children do - knowing no other life.

At some point,I do feel however,that sophie must be allowed to "grow up" and feel the aches and pains of life and hard knocks.Sad as it,thats how the way works - and in her "industry" - shes going to feel it more than anyone.

A boost from your Mum

For most Mums their daughters are their little princesses. It was not the case
with my Mum and me but I have witnessed this just about everywhere.
I dont blame Julia for doing everything she can for her daughter.

Lets face it though, the lass is very ordinary looking but with pretty eyes. Her Mum is naturally better looking. If this girl really wants to succeed in this cut throat profession and she is ordinary looking then she needs all the help she can get. Beauty, talent and intelligence altogether are all too rare and a precious commodity.
You need not only looks but to be a real smart cooky to be a success of sorts. The name "Jordon" springs to mind.

Good luck to her.

Me,keeping asking them questions and wanting to shelter them from everything isn't going to help them.I'm not even "friends" with my children on social networking sites - simply because its their life and I don't want to know.Its there for them to express how they wish- about the ups and downs of their life.I'm sure (perhaps) there have been nasty comments on these sites about them - I certainly don't want to read that of my own children.None of this,is because I'm cold hearted - far from it - I just percieve all things as part of life.

I so agree with these sentiments.
We've got 7 wonderful kids and we're so close to them all but I've never been "best friends" with them. I'm mum, not another teenager.
I won't look at their Facebook pages (too embarrassing!) it's for them and their comtemporaries to lark about on, likewise I'd never go clubbing or anything like it with the kids.

Precious Sophie will have to deal with far worse than has been said on this thread.. If the email to Graham was from her, then I think it was quite naive & has made the thread even more of a talking point, surely not what Sophie wanted..
I've read far worse things said about people on here.. She will have to grow a much thicker skin if she is to survive in the 'business'.. And to ask for the thread starter to be banned (BFT), well thats a bit arrogant for a start, who is she fgs?
Anyway, lots of people have whats regarded as a 'horsey look' - Camilla & Princess Anne spring to mind.. :thinking:

There is nothing remarkable about Sophie imho, but obviously to her Mum she is the bee's knees and that is understandable. However, I think that a lot of the negative backlash in this thread about Sophie has actually been caused by JR herself and her relentless pushing of her kids into the limelight, courtesy of QVC. The toting for votes for Sophie is another step too far and I hope that someone with the necessary clout at QVC reigns JR in and puts a stop to all of this pdq. I have also noticed a sea change on the forum against JR herself, at one time she had many staunch supporters but it appears that now many people are sick of her diva behaviour and nasty little put downs directed at the models and sometimes even to the guest presenters themselves!! She is far too big for her tatty toe post sandals now and needs to get over herself and remember she is nothing but a glorified sales assistant. Sophie would be well advised to create some professional distance away from her mother and not fall into the same trap of thinking she is something very special because that is a trait that people will recognise and despise....it will always generate adverse comments and that is something Sophie has clearly demonstrated she cannot cope with.

I have julia mention sophie having a hard time in growing up,with braces and many jaw surgies.how awful - no parent wants their child to have ill health - any more than they want their child to be bullied,abused or have poor housing and education.However,sadly many many children do - knowing no other life.

At some point,I do feel however,that sophie must be allowed to "grow up" and feel the aches and pains of life and hard knocks.Sad as it,thats how the way works - and in her "industry" - shes going to feel it more than anyone.

My own daughter went through exactly the same jaw problems as Sophie did - years of braces, permanent braces, surgery, then more permanent braces. As a result of her jaw protruding she was bullied for years both at school and through college. Although I protected her as much as I could, in the end she had to learn the very hard way to face it herself, as it wasn't going to go away and, as her Mum, I had to learn to stand back and let her deal with it (not alone I hasten to add). In the industry Sophie has chosen to work in, she must also learn to take the hard knocks as sadly, her mother won't always be there to take them for her.

Just my thoughts.

I don't want to comment on Sophie's looks that's not me being no oil painting myself who am I to judge others looks.
One thing has struck me all these comments about Sophie's career path, then perhaps someone can point out to me as I don't understand what career path has she taken to follow?
I thought it had been commented on by Julia and a forum member that she was working back stage at QVC ,something to do with the texts was said in a post or a PA.
Now Julia has said in the help the hero's blog Sophie is said to be following her in her career path.
From what we are led to believe Sophie has sung with a couple of girl bands and helped Mum out on a couple of B&W shows one with her grandmother.
I understood there was a mimium height requirement for fashion modeling, though I maybe incorrect.
From what Julia has said she'd left home at 16 and was dancing on the cruise ships, doing other things before joining QVC.
So Sophie is hardly following Mum making it in the business, with what she is doing.
It does seems a real shame Sophie is being put in these postions with comments being made on her looks plus her trying to be in the help the hero's calender, if her mum hadn't put her into the limelight this wouldn't happen.

:sun:

I don't want to comment on Sophie's looks that's not me being no oil painting myself who am I to judge others looks.
One thing has struck me all these comments about Sophie's career path, then perhaps someone can point out to me as I don't understand what career path has she taken to follow?
I thought it had been commented on by Julia and a forum member that she was working back stage at QVC ,something to do with the texts was said in a post or a PA.
Now Julia has said in the help the hero's blog Sophie is said to be following her in her career path.
From what we are led to believe Sophie has sung with a couple of girl bands and helped Mum out on a couple of B&W shows one with her grandmother.
:sun:

To be honest, albeit a bit blunt, I really think that her chosen "career path" is simply to be in the public eye, fullstop. I don't think she has a particular leaning one way or another-she just appears desperate for fame. In that regard, she is no different to many young girls out there, but the sad thing is that she does not seem to have any discernable talent, other than at persuading Mum to help with her promotion.
I am sure she is a lovely girl, and I am sure that she sings nicely and can turn her hand to a bit of modelling and dancing, but she does not stand out from the crowd and, left to her own devices, I feel sure she would still be unknown.
I feel sickened that Julia is promoting her so openly on QVC and am surprised that she gets away with it. Sophie's request to have this thread closed smacks to me of someone who is used to stamping her feet to get what she wants! Sorry, Sophie, but this forum is OURS, NOT YOURS, AND YOU CAN'T EXPECT TO HAVE ANY INFLUENCE ON HERE!!!! If anyone was offering up threats or anything, then fair enough-close it down, but not just because Sophie has stamped her foot.
As can be seen from the thread, other forum members feel differently to me-I don't ask for them to change their views just because I don't agree with them, so why on earth Sophie feels that she has the right to ask is beyond my comprehension. If my daughter puts comments about herself and her antics on Facebook, and people make negative comments about her behaviour, I tell her to think more carefully about what she puts online about herself. Too much exposure can be risky, and Sophie is now experiencing the backlash. I think she needs to toughen up a bit-life is hard, so if she is not emotionally strong enough, don't put yourself out there. I know that by posting this, I might get a backlash-my problem-I chose to post my comments. I certainly won't be stamping my foot if someone comments negatively about what I have written. You are all entitled to your views, as am I.

Latest posts

Back