Doggy Xmas Cards

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DunmowDizzy

Registered Shopper
Did make me laugh when Catherine explained that the Doggy edible Christmas Cards were excluded from the guaranteed xmas delivery and so you might not get to give your doggy on Xmas day. Of course they explained not to worry your doggy won't know it's after xmas.

So why give doggy a Xmas card at all then!:mysmilie_48:

:mysmilie_7::mysmilie_1::mysmilie_848:

What do you mean the dog won't know it is after Christmas???? They will...............after all they can read their name on the envelope of said card according to the guest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mysmilie_17:

My old Retriever, sadly long passed now, used to know it was Christmas! While we were all unwrapping gifts, he'd be looking for his and wasn't happy until he had it :D Having said that, I'm sure he didn't know what the date was and I'm certain he couldn't read his name on it first :D

My old Retriever, sadly long passed now, used to know it was Christmas! While we were all unwrapping gifts, he'd be looking for his and wasn't happy until he had it :D Having said that, I'm sure he didn't know what the date was and I'm certain he couldn't read his name on it first :D

Awwww moth we had a cavalier and miss him so much ..he would tear into anything even not his presents lol ...retrievers look like gorgeous dogs and I always melt when I see one

I really don`t think they were of any good at all and expensive for what they were into the bargain ... better get the solid hide chews they can really clean and get their teeth into ...those cards wouldn`t last long at all for the average sized dog and all the smaller pieces I would remove as being unsafe as small thin pieces of hide soon go soft and slimey and swallowed whole all too easily !! As with food colouring all the bells and whistles are for our benefit the digs couldn`t care less!! lol

If your dog is one of those that will chew on a rawhide bone (or card) over days, they'd probably be okay. However, our dog is pretty greedy and we had an awful experience where a chunk of his chew got stuck in his system. He was ill for days and hours away from an op to remove it when it finally came out the other end!

I did a bit of researching after that and found that rawhide chews have been responsible for quite a number of doggy deaths. Ours won't be getting any rawhide "treats" this Christmas - he'll have to settle for some turkey like the rest of us!

If you can find one, I'd recommend a nylon bone as we too had a nasty experience with the rawhide chews. He loved them but he got one of those soft little bits lodged in his throat. Fortunately, it came out of its own accord fairly quickly but it was a scary enough experience for them to be put on the ban list! It was less of an issue as he got older as he lost a few teeth, and by the time he was 17, when he died, he had lost interested in chewing on things.

Slightly off-topic, but on a lighter note, despite the "experts" telling us dogs don't like chocolate, it didn't stop him picking the treats off the Christmas tree and then hiding the wrappers behind the sofa. I wouldn't have minded, but as kids at the time, me and my brother used to get the blame! Then mum caught him red-pawed and she realised it really wasn't us!

Latest posts

Back