Doll10 Beauty TSV 03/03/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hoping for the Hydragel foundation because I always like to stock up on that, but I have a feeling it won’t be (wasn’t Hydragel in the last TSV before Christmas?). I’ll be disappointed if it’s the Hydralux because that was SO orange on me.

Mind you, those TSVs are so samey and I don’t need another blush or lip product, nice as they are, so maybe I should swerve this one anyway.

Hoping for the Hydragel foundation because I always like to stock up on that, but I have a feeling it won’t be (wasn’t Hydragel in the last TSV before Christmas?). I’ll be disappointed if it’s the Hydralux because that was SO orange on me.

Mind you, those TSVs are so samey and I don’t need another blush or lip product, nice as they are, so maybe I should swerve this one anyway.

How right you are. Doll 10 is another brand that I only discovered a year or so ago and I really like it. Sadly, this TSV looks identical with the one I got last April, just with a different type of foundation (assuming that's what the swirly compact thing is). Oh, I've just realised there was no brush last year and I bought one separately from eBay (I wonder if this TSV will be much dearer), but the blusher, highlighter and lipstick just look like very similar shades. And there's the ArchMaster brow product again. See pic below. If I didn't still have quite a lot of the repeated things left from last year, I would have been tempted, though.

Doll 10 TSV 270418 pic2.jpg

Seeing this thread reminded me to look for the Concealer duo which isn't always in stock but is often there at TSV time. I've just ordered it. It is £35 for two but the size is great, four times that of the only other one I like which is Benefit Industrial Strength. So the equivalent of eight of those! Yay!

Doll10 6 Piece HydraBalm Make-up Collection
Item Number: 237180
QVC Price £69.00
Todays Special Value Price £37.98
P&P £3.95

This six-piece collection from Doll 10 features a wonderful selection of make-up must-haves, including Hydrabalm Serum Infused Foundation and No.7 Concealer & Foundation Brush, Hydragel Cream Balm and Lipstick in Mauve, plus customer favourites Arch Master 3-in-1 Brow Sculptor and H2Glo Highlighter. Get your glam on and step out the door in confidence with this fabulous collection of make-up essentials.

Cover and condition - get the best of both worlds with Doll 10's water-based Hydrabalm Serum Infused Foundation, available in six different shades, offering medium but buildable coverage and enriched with a hydrating serum. This innovative formula swirls together with an anti-ageing serum to target signs of ageing as you wear it, and works to give your complexion a radiant natural look all day long.

Amazing arches - enhance the look of your brows with this collection's revolutionary Arch Master 3-in-1 Brow Sculptor. The easy-to-use tool has a custom designed angled skinny brow pencil that's perfect for creating natural-looking, hair-like strokes, ideal for defining and outlining the shape of your brows.

Everything you need - from the HydraGel Cream Blush and Hydragel Lipstick, both in beautiful Mauve shades, to the H2Glo Highlighter and No. 7 brush, this collection truly features everything you need to create a gorgeous and glowing complexion that will help you to step out in confidence.

*A great saving: if you were to buy the Foundation, Brush, Lipstick and Brow Sculptor individually from QVC you’d pay £97.57. So to receive these, plus the blush and highlighter for our Today's Special Value price of just £37.98, plus P&P, is a great saving of £55.64.

Contains:

1 x Hydrabalm Serum Infused Foundation (18g) - combines ingredients such as copper tri-peptides, collagen, and retinol with ingredients such as silk, ceramides, chia seed extract and liquorice extract. Formulated to provide medium but buildable coverage, and to help your skin appear brighter and smoother. In shades Fair, Light, Light/Medium, Tan and Deep
1 x H2Glo Highlighter (4.5g) - in Champagne. A lightweight cream formula that glides on easily and blends beautifully to help you achieve a truly dewy complexion
1 x Hydragel Cream Balm (4g) - in 16 Again (mauve). Formulated with shea butter, avocado butter, lavender and jojoba seed oil. Designed to hydrate and provide luminosity for a fresh, natural-looking flush of colour
1 x Hydragel Lipstick (3.3g) - in KnockOut (mauve). This ultra-light gel lipstick provides bold, one stroke colour in a moisturising, satin finish that works for all skin tones
1 x Arch Master 3-in-1 Brow Sculptor (Pencil 0.16g, Powder 0.34g, Cream 1.5g) - in Universal (brown). Features a creamy brow powder, tinted brow cream and angled brow pencil to help you create the ultimate customised shape
1 x No. 7 brush - a double-ended brush perfect for applying both foundation and concealer

How to use:
Hydrabalm Serum Infused Foundation:

Onto cleansed, dry skin, tap this foundation onto your complexion with the included No.7 brush and blend it out
Use sparingly, as a little goes a long way

H2Glo Highlighter:

Add a dose to your cheeks, brows, décolleté, or wherever else impulse strikes, for a healthy hint of highlight

Hydragel Cream Balm:

Glide over your cheeks and blend for an instant flush of colour
Build for more intense colour

Hydragel Lipstick:

Apply to your lips for hydrated and highly pigmented lips
Reapply as desired

Arch Master 3-in-1 Brow Sculptor:

Use the brow pencil located on the end of the pen marked 'define' to outline your brows and extend their shape, then gently fill in using soft strokes in the direction of your natural brow growth
Fill in any sparse brows with the creamy brow powder located in the centre of the pen marked 'fill', by softly blending the cream into brow hairs with the sponge tip applicator
Use the tinted brow mascara marked 'volumise' to groom and keep your brows in place

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.237180

Has anyone got or tried this Hydrabalm swirl foundation (particularly in the four lightest shades) and can you comment on the shades, please? If you could say which are good for you and what shade(s) you wear in other ranges to compare, that would be great. I can use both the Fair and the Light in HydraLux depending on time of year (ditto It Cosmetics CC+) but the Fair and Light in this look completely different to their HydraLux equivalents. I’ve scoured reviews and videos but keep changing my mind. Unlike many, I like and need a bit of yellowness and I think these might be too pinky or orangey for me? Thanks!

ml for ml

*A great saving: if you were to buy the Foundation, Brush, Lipstick and Brow Sculptor individually from QVC you’d pay £97.57. So to receive these, plus the blush and highlighter for our Today's Special Value price of just £37.98, plus P&P, is a great saving of £55.64.

Couldn’t get my calculations to balance to the £97.57 for the items listed, not much out, but just couldn’t get it exactly.

Contains:
1 x Hydrabalm Serum Infused Foundation (18g) - Worth £30.51 cost £9.87
1 x H2Glo Highlighter (4.5g) - Worth £16 cost £5.18
1 x Hydragel Cream Balm (4g) - in 16 Again (mauve) Worth £18.50 cost £5.99
1 x Hydragel Lipstick (3.3g) - in KnockOut (mauve). Worth £16.02 cost £5.18
1 x Arch Master 3-in-1 Brow Sculptor (Pencil 0.16g, Powder 0.34g, Cream 1.5g) - in Universal (brown). Worth was £22 now £19.56 cost £6.33
1 x No. 7 brush - Worth £29 cost £9.38
Worth £129.59 cost incl p&p in calculations £41.93- so including p&p each item is just under a third of the original price.

ml for ml

Couldn’t get my calculations to balance to the £97.57 for the items listed, not much out, but just couldn’t get it exactly.

Contains:
1 x Hydrabalm Serum Infused Foundation (18g) - Worth £30.51 cost £9.87
1 x H2Glo Highlighter (4.5g) - Worth £16 cost £5.18
1 x Hydragel Cream Balm (4g) - in 16 Again (mauve) Worth £18.50 cost £5.99
1 x Hydragel Lipstick (3.3g) - in KnockOut (mauve). Worth £16.02 cost £5.18
1 x Arch Master 3-in-1 Brow Sculptor (Pencil 0.16g, Powder 0.34g, Cream 1.5g) - in Universal (brown). Worth was £22 now £19.56 cost £6.33
1 x No. 7 brush - Worth £29 cost £9.38
Worth £129.59 cost incl p&p in calculations £41.93- so including p&p each item is just under a third of the original price.

It does look good value. I still don't need it but I would use it (eventually)!

I’m trying to be good at the moment. Use Bareminerals so not for me, thank goodness.

Same here (trying to be good) and if I did go for this, knowing me, I'd probably buy two shades so all the more reason to try my utmost to resist.

I am not tempted by Doll 10 at all although in the past have had a brow product which was good.Doris was applying a concealer under her eyes earlier and it looked horrendous, yes it did cover but it was like a mask.

I like Doris but I must say, her demos of the foundation last night were really poor. She did that thing twice in the launch hour, where she removes it from one cheek then reapplies it and both times she had this shiny slick of cream coloured paste across her upper face. Made Alison Young’s shimmer brick of yore look subtle! It doesn’t help that she still had blusher on the other side so the two sides looked so different. Anne Dawson was trying (in vain) to sound convincing when she said how great it looked in so short a time. The cameras didn’t linger on Doris for long! See from around 12:30 - 13:00.

https://www.qvcuk.com/Doll10-6-Piece-HydraBalm-Make-up-Collection.product.237180.html

Having read all the.posts, I might try out the hydralux foundation at some point. Also today I am going to brave the NYX Cosmetics shop in Kingston. I may be about 30 years older than the next oldest person in there but still. They have a powder that looks like the LG matte maker and various foundations. So I'm going in!

Having read all the.posts, I might try out the hydralux foundation at some point. Also today I am going to brave the NYX Cosmetics shop in Kingston. I may be about 30 years older than the next oldest person in there but still. They have a powder that looks like the LG matte maker and various foundations. So I'm going in!

I didn’t know NYX had their own shops. I only know them from Boots. I find it an odd brand - some things seem really cheap, so I though it was a Boots 17-type range, but other items have quite high end prices. I do like their eyeshadow primers and have a couple of their mini shadow pots which aren’t too bad. In my Boots, you do get a lot of schoolgirls around the display but not exclusively.

I didn’t know NYX had their own shops. I only know them from Boots. I find it an odd brand - some things seem really cheap, so I though it was a Boots 17-type range, but other items have quite high end prices. I do like their eyeshadow primers and have a couple of their mini shadow pots which aren’t too bad. In my Boots, you do get a lot of schoolgirls around the display but not exclusively.

I spent a lot of money! But I did get a couple of brushes and the white powder plus foundation to try and a primer. And a shaded powder. The foundations were £15 and the cheaper one £7. But she gave me a sample of the dearer one and said if I didn't like it I could take the unused bottle back. She told me the shop is full of youngsters at the weekend but different in the week. I found them helpful and they have a counter with all the foundations so you can test different shades.

They have a display in Boots at Kingston but it was better for me to have the shop where you could get a bit of help. This is forward planning in case LG vanishes!

I spent a lot of money! But I did get a couple of brushes and the white powder plus foundation to try and a primer. And a shaded powder. The foundations were £15 and the cheaper one £7. But she gave me a sample of the dearer one and said if I didn't like it I could take the unused bottle back. She told me the shop is full of youngsters at the weekend but different in the week. I found them helpful and they have a counter with all the foundations so you can test different shades.

They have a display in Boots at Kingston but it was better for me to have the shop where you could get a bit of help. This is forward planning in case LG vanishes!

Whoops! Have a little spending spree did we, Mazza? Let us know how you find the things you bought. Sounds like a "dedicated" shop was a good idea. I can't see Boots accepting things back.

Latest posts

Back