'Double Blue' Aquamarine.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
Who on earth thinks of these names at Gemporia?

I thought their other Aquamarine was 'the finest Aquamarine'? How can they get better than 'the finest Aquamarine'?

Is this double finest Aquamarine then, as opposed to the wishy-washy single blue finest Aquamarine?

I have better names they could call it.

They could call this one 'proper actually Blue Aquamarine', and the other stuff 'crap almost colourless Aquamarine'.

A few hours ago, they were selling 'Fire Diamonds' - as opposed to what Gemporia, 'Fireless Diamonds'?

I don't know, but the photo shows greenish blue aquamarine...

aqua.jpg

Last night Hattie was flogging an alleged padparadscha sapphire ring. Now, I always thought that kind of sapphire was a delicate peach-pink colour.

The stones in the ring Hattie had were a strong firey neon orange. I thought they were pretty as they were, but peach-pink tney were not.

But calling them "padparadscha" gives them leeway to shove an extra £100+ on the price. Which is probably why they shove unnecessary descriptions in the titles of everything they're selling lately.

It comes to something when those mates on your telly box want to solve their cashflow problems by screwing you over.

Last night Hattie was flogging an alleged padparadscha sapphire ring. Now, I always thought that kind of sapphire was a delicate peach-pink colour.

The stones in the ring Hattie had were a strong firey neon orange. I thought they were pretty as they were, but peach-pink tney were not.

But calling them "padparadscha" gives them leeway to shove an extra £100+ on the price. Which is probably why they shove unnecessary descriptions in the titles of everything they're selling lately.

It comes to something when those mates on your telly box want to solve their cashflow problems by screwing you over.

There's no way on earth that their so-called 'Padparadscha' Sapphires have been signed off by a lab as such.

Most of the time, they look identical to the pink sapphires. Occasionally, they're pure orange or just recently, ruby red.

Padparadscha's should be a a orangish-pink.

If these were true Padparadscha's, they would not have been able to get them in the endless amounts they've had over the past 6 years or so - and they wouldn't be flogging them for a tenner on Gem Collectors daily deals page. True Padparadscha Sapphires sell for at least SEVERAL HUNDRED pounds.

True Padparadscha's are extremely rare.

How On earth can they be called "double" blue? They look grey to me and they are so washed out. What is going on? They buy the cheapest rough and magic a name then charge the earth for it!

Yeah, there was some on earlier today and it was quite weak in colour. It was called 'Santa Maria Double Blue Aquamarine'.

So, is just the old wishy-washy Santa Maria material then.

Latest posts

Back