Dreamkeeper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I think this line will hit the skids in the not too distant future. This may just be my opinion - even if the fashion did fit me - but I have never been attracted to this range, and believe that it is based on the same theme as Kirks Folly. The Jenniefer Kirk fans will probably subscribe to the Dreamkeeper range. I see it as overpriced and not especially universal fashion. If a garment is costing the amount of sponduliks they are selling this at, it should be any occasion wear rather than, fundamentally, evening wear. Obviously, she is cashing in on the popularity of her mum's ticket on the Q and the prices reflect her recognition of the fact that buyers/wearers of KF jewellery, will also want to wear the daughter's line, as they see the two as being connected, complementary even. Having said all that, if you choose to believe all of this hype and 'legend' of the fairies, so much so that you will pay through the nose for what is, essentially, not a trendy fashion line, then spend your money how you will. Personally, no-one influences how I spend my money but myself. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, that is indeed what it is.....or "a fool and her money are soon parted" spring to mind.
No offence intended to anyone who actually does buy from this range, for whatever reason.

I've mentioned in other threads about this range, that I still own pieces from when Dreamkeeper first came to air years ago. There were far less scarves, shawls and 'robes' then, and more of the oriental and 1920's influence, with lots of beaded fringing and bright colours.

Sadly, going down the shawls, scarves and robes route, is a bit of a cop out design wise, and agree that they certainly don't justify the amount charged. In order to fit, your back width has to be very narrow, or the scarves/stoles just wont go around you, and are only suitable as headscarves !

Either retire or revamp the brand, but I shall enjoy wearing my "vintage" pieces from years ago.

I got a scarf to go with a gown last year and have been very pleased with it. I love the look of this coat, if it was on easy pay I would order but the price is out of my limit http://www.qvcuk.com/Dreamkeeper-Fa....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-106967

This coat is lovely, even buying Dreamkeeper clothes on Ebay is expensive, i have alow budget, and looked last year for any goodies on Ebay,even the well worn stuff was through the roof prices. Kirk Folly is the same and Butler and Wilson.

i used to buy the odd piece years ago when the materials used were better quality - burn out silk as an example. Now they charge the same prices or more and use man made. There was a more vintage feel as brissles mentioned.

The range may have a slight stay of execution as the current fashion trend is for kimonos on the high street. Thats said, i doubt the young ones will be buying their fashion from qvc.

I agree Brissles, I have a full length velvet (yes silk velvet!) coat/robe which I have absolutely no occasion to wear but I love it as it feels wonderfully decadent. I must have had it at least 7 or 8 years and it is very well made, matched seams - something other QVC brands don't bother to do. I wouldn't exclude buying from the range again but only if they return to their original quality. I've always quite liked the shape of the "poets" shirts but never tried one.

I understand your suspicion of the wackier QVC brands Louise, but if the buyer is happy and isn't driven into debt where's the harm? "the fool and his money" comment is no less likely to cause offense because none is intended. It might put off other Dreamkeeper/KF buyers from posting about their purchases which would be a shame.

In the background I heard Jackie spouting about the wonderful KF but did I not read that Q had dropped the range? If I am correct that was a bit of a blooper. In fact that is the third one I've heard from her in as many days.

I think it might be QVC US that are dropping the KF range; someone did post recently but I can't remember the exact details.

Didn`t she say yesterday that next time they would be doing shows together .... make you wonder if they are going to combine the two shows.

Funny, the Kirk's Folly range is NOT to my taste, but I like quite a lot of the Dreamkeeper items. I think I have 4, but rarely wear them.

Much as I would love to be the kind of person who drifts around in a silk Devore kimono, sipping absinthe... The reality is that if I wander about with a light gauzy drape, I would probably die of hypothermia before anyone offered me a cup of tea... Woolly socks and thermals - definitely the way to go!

Latest posts

Back