Easter Egg

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sadly, the number of ads now is stopping me coming to this site. I used to be on here all the time. I've even started getting talking ads (video plays automatically).

Sadly, the number of ads now is stopping me coming to this site. I used to be on here all the time. I've even started getting talking ads (video plays automatically).

If this ad blocker stops working I won't continue either as everything became unreadable.

Must be something going on with my computer. Thread is blank :(

I've been getting weird display recently. Hit reply with quote and you should be able to read the original post.

Alternatively - can you try a different browser?

I've now noticed that I cannot click on a link to QVC items without my computer hanging. It happens on Firefox on my home pc and on IE11 on my work pc. Not good :mysmilie_51:

It's been like this all week.

Last edited:
I suspect the ads are an inevitability to keep this site free to use... but it would be great if there were fewer of them. I spent a while several months back closing ad after ad as they were making it extremely difficult to use this website.

But what I am now finding is threads disappearing in whole or in part. I can view a post one minute then if I go to a different page and navigate back again pooooFF!! gone... totally or in part.

I`m having problems too. The first post at the top of any page in a thread is obscured by an ad.

I have had this problem for a few days, each day the ads get bigger, taking up the top and middle of each page and making the first post in any thread unreadable.

I downloaded an ad blocker and it has helped.

Me too the ads are taking over......

If this ad blocker stops working I won't continue either as everything became unreadable.

A new thread has started about a guest and I now can't see the First post at all.

I can't see anything either, there was a thread yesterday that I couldn't see but someone had quoted it so I read it then. Thought it was just me.

I suspect the ads are an inevitability to keep this site free to use... but it would be great if there were fewer of them. I spent a while several months back closing ad after ad as they were making it extremely difficult to use this website.

But what I am now finding is threads disappearing in whole or in part. I can view a post one minute then if I go to a different page and navigate back again pooooFF!! gone... totally or in part.

Yes we need adverts for revenue to keep the site running.

If adverts are in bad positions, blocking posts etc....Please send Graham a PM or use the "contact us" link at bottom of page to send him a message with details of these issues so he can check settings etc..... Thanks!

Must be something going on with my computer. Thread is blank :(

There must be something wrong with mine as well because a few times, in the last couple of days, I've just had a blank space on the first post in a thread. The rest of the posts are visible, but I have to guess what the OR put.

I've had a similar problem in that ads are obscuring posts. It's pretty annoying. I don't object to ads as I understand they're needed to keep the site running, but it's irritating when they're ontop of posts.

Last edited:
I'm surprised QVC hasn't come up with a £100 rip-off chocolate Easter Egg like they did with the £20 mince pies (you got six pies for that 'amazing' price).

Sorry it's not on the advert topic (afraid I'm not having the issue people have described so thank myself lucky - although after being forced to update to windows 8.1. by my PC the other week, I am unable to open google browser OR internet explorer and therefore cannot get online on it at all - grrr!) but on chocolate topic.

I remember a while ago in a thread about thorntons and various chocolate that people were recommending marks and Spencer's chocolates.... I had it in mind, mention of a red box they sell (could've made that up!) but I want to send my grandad some chocolate for his birthday and was looking at marks. They do a Belgian range and some Swiss ones too but no idea if any good. I don't rate thorntons at all (except for toffee and fudge) but not sure if he'd appreciate hotel chocolat so any guidance on m&s would be much appreciated if anyone's tried it?! Thank you!

There are some really gorgeous eggs out there.

I loved the ferrero rocher one - the chocolate had the pieces of hazelnut in it.

A number of the slightly posher ones do have chocolate with bits in it. There is a mint one which is apparently lovely with crunchy mint pieces in it... I'm not a mint chocolate girl so I haven't sampled.

I'd also rate green and blacks eggs.

Well I bought 2 of Aldi luxury eggs and we opened one the other day and it was lovely. There`s a choice of 2, one has truffles inside it and the other has chocolates inside it, we had one with the chocolates inside. More than worth the £2.99 , yes £2.99 and you`d pay far more for a similar egg from other shops or supermarkets. It also comes nicely wrapped in foil with a bow and cardboard sleeve.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/easter-egg-filled-with-chocolates/p/007176001209000

Latest posts

Back