Elemis melting gel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I am glad Elemis don't put SPF in PCMC I have tried so many moisturisers with SPF in that irritate my skin (and I don't have particularly sensitive skin) that to find a moisturiser without it in where I can use an SPF that doesnt cause me problems is a godsend.

Yes you can analyse all skin care products and their ingredients for ever and a day and come up with counter arguments to the "sales pitch" but at the end of the day as far as I am concerned if I am going to use something it has to make me feel my skin is better, it has to be pleasant to use (so not stink!) and it has to fit in with my life. If I can get a product that does all that I am happy, I dont expect any topically applied cream or lotion to stop the ageing process but I do want them to make me feel my skin is better and I want to get "the feel good factor" from them.

Sun exposure does cause the majority of signs of ageing but a dehydrated dull skin is very ageing so if I can use products that brighten my skin and keep it well moisturised then I will be happy. You can not stop wrinkles (or personality lines as I prefer to call them !) but if you can keep your skin hydrated and bright then you will look younger.

Moth, I've used the Monoi melt for years. What I do is to place the Monoi container in another container containing hot water (from the tap); the solid Monoi melts into a delightful liquid. I massage the liquid over my body and follow it with either the nourishing milk bath or with the skin nourishing lotion. Cover with a bath robe and slob out with a good book!

Keeley suggested that you could decant the liquid into a small pot and let the liquid solidify. This could then be used on cuticles etc.

Hope that this helps.

Jay

PS I haven't tried the cleansing melt yet.

Thanks for the tip re: the monoi oil and applying a moisturiser aftewards! Daft I know but I've always thought it was a stand alone product and have been a bit disappoited with it cos I've thought it wasn't very moisturising! Duh! I actually stand mine in boiling water from the kettle whilst I'm in the bath/shower.

I didn't have any problems with the sample of the cleanser as I only dipped my fingers in water to convert it to milk. Mine is a Christmas gift so I can't try it properly yet and even then I think I'll be finishing off the Decleor one I have open for now. incidentally I don't use any cleanser over my eyes but prefer an eye make up remover. AY would be so proud.

Can I use with clarisonic once it has turned to liquid. Once I have massaged it turns to liquid on my face fairly quickly

Yes, I have been using it last couple o days and prefer the melting gel with my Clarisonic than the Pro-Radiance cleanser. I use the Clarisonic once the cleanser has turned to an oil.

HTH

A lot of brands refuse to add spf incase of allergies. They state you should you a seperate one. Elemis infact to sell a non chemical block, which is prefered to many. Some thing the chemicals used in spfs can cause cancer.

Having a spf in a moisturiser has been shown as a cheap way of adding anti aging tag to the blurb. Any moisturiser with spf can say its anti aging even if that is all it has, not anti aging proven ingredients just spf. Watchdog did something about that one. Gatineau, Decleor and Liz Earle all prefer you to use a seperate SPF.

The Melting Cleanser, yes a small amount massaged in and wet fingers then rinse. Now I will say I would not buy this cleanser on its own, prefering the Sensitive Skin Wash or Rad one.

i tried the block and the products for oily skin anf full of oil and perfume and essential oils. one thing oily skin can do without hence more elemis breakouts.

Latest posts

Back