Elemis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DMS

Registered Shopper
I have recently purchased the 400ml size of Elemis Nourishing Bath Milk that is £39 and was absolutely shocked to find the directions for use have changed from using 25ml to using 80ml per bath. This makes the cost of this product extortionate at £8 per bath. I emailed Elemis direct as I thought that maybe there had been a printing error, but was assured by them that this is what they now suggest!! I could not believe it - I mean, who on earth can afford £8 each bath AND, get this,they also recomment 9 treatments so that would mean 2 of these bottles - £78!!! what planet are they living on!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
I have re-emailed them back to say that I am not pleased in this economy that they have put their product up by over 3 times

I never found 25mls enough for a bath anyway so what i did was put it neat onto my skin like a moisturiser then sink into the bath after a few mins and that worked really well.

give it a go and see, its much better than trying to guage how much to put in for a good result

This is one of my favourite elemis products and I don't think you should take any notice of the new advice. I still use the same amount in the bath and then use it directly on the skin afterwards for a really moisturising effect and I adore the scent of it.

Ignore them, they are just trying to make extra money during a recession.

Thank you ladies....
I do also use it on my skin after my bath and at any other time when my skin feels dry and I too really love the scent of it (reminds me of YC Baby Powder) and I will not be using the 80ml as advised however, I don't think I will be re-purchasing

Not a fan of the milk bath loved the Retreat but hey ho. Yes I have got 125mls sizes in sets and it used to say use 5 cap fulls now its like 9! I just pore in what I fancy usually.

If the actual formula of the milk bath hasn't changed, then the new instructions are obviously there to get you to use more - the formula hasn't been changed, has it? (don't know because I don't use it). Just use as you used to.

This is one of my favourite elemis products and I don't think you should take any notice of the new advice. I still use the same amount in the bath and then use it directly on the skin afterwards for a really moisturising effect and I adore the scent of it.

Ignore them, they are just trying to make extra money during a recession.

I too love this Elemis product , it smells gorgeous and I use it when I am in need of a pampering:nod:Its fragrance somewhat gives me a feeling of comfort and being cocooned ( sorry I know it sounds a bit OTT but I can't express the feeling) I apply it on my skin before getting into the bath.

I have recently purchased the 400ml size of Elemis Nourishing Bath Milk that is £39 and was absolutely shocked to find the directions for use have changed from using 25ml to using 80ml per bath. This makes the cost of this product extortionate at £8 per bath. I emailed Elemis direct as I thought that maybe there had been a printing error, but was assured by them that this is what they now suggest!! I could not believe it - I mean, who on earth can afford £8 each bath AND, get this,they also recomment 9 treatments so that would mean 2 of these bottles - £78!!! what planet are they living on!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
I have re-emailed them back to say that I am not pleased in this economy that they have put their product up by over 3 times

It is getting all out of proportion.

I like the Milk Bath but have only ever had it in TSVs or special kits. I'd never buy it at full price, on it's own however, I bought the 400ml in the anniversary bottle, last year as a OTO for £25.00, with free P&P so it was quite a bargain. Only have baths occasionally but I use it as a body lotion before getting in the shower and it's great to wash your face with after exfoliating and a mask.

If the actual formula of the milk bath hasn't changed, then the new instructions are obviously there to get you to use more - the formula hasn't been changed, has it? (don't know because I don't use it). Just use as you used to.

I do buy it regularly and I don't think the formula has changed at all. It's things like this that make me really go off a company, what happened to 'we are all in this together'?

Time to spa often has this on offer or sets that offer much better value for money. I never really read the instructions on my new bottle - just as everyone else put it on neat first then after - using the milk shower Product as well. Big jump from 25ml to 80ml I wonder how good the research is based. Prob stating 75% of people ( not letting you know that it's based on 4 people and 3 of them thought 80ml gave better results). I would be more convinced if recommendations were based on 1000's like medication not min numbers as cosmetics are. Chancers !

Foolishly I always believed that QVC had good prices for Elemis. They don't. I have just googled milk bath and found £35 delivered without really looking hard. If you're lucky enough to be passing through Stansted airport ( and probably others) the Elemis counter continues to run an excellent promotion - buy ANY one item ( I buy a £16 toner) and get 5 of the 100ml samples of your choice free. This offer does include Milk bath - and yes you could get 5. This offer has been running since before Christmas - its not publicised ASK!

I love the milk bath but whenever I have a bottle in the bathroom the d-i-l smothers the little grand-munchkins in it after their bath, as it makes them smell delicious, the bottle doesn't last long :grin:

...but Elemis also stated pcmc could be used ALL over the face (no need for separate eye treatment) when it first came on the scene...was that was until they came out with pcmc eye cream ?! :wonder:

daydreamer

Has anybody found a good copy of Elemis Milk Bath?

I have found that using it as a body lotion, with the occasional bath, has worked wonder for my eczema, far better than any other lotions, however it is so pricey.

Latest posts

Back