Elemis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love it as a body lotion but it's a bonkers price. I've been using a Garnier 7 day body lotion that is really good. It's very light and sinks in easily and is £2.99 a go. BUT I don't have eczema so it may not work for you. I've never found anything that smells like it.

I do love it but given how well the Garnier one works I cannot justify the price of Milk Bath even to myself. If I use it most days it really doesn't last very long

The Body Shop used to do a milk bath, in a little sack - anyone remember it?! I wonder if it was just dried milk though...?!! I too love the Elemis product. I once had the 400ml and have since bought 125ml bottles on ebay and filled it up that way, much cheaper. It's been a while though. I do find it really soothing, more than anything else I have tried.

I got the 500ml glass bottle as a OTO last year from Q for £25, with free p&p - such a bargain! I think the price in stores was over £55. I do love the smell of it - it's probably my favourite bathing product but so pricey.

Milk bath is so amazing for dry feet, really recommend it in foot soak form, its a miracle worker, makes your toenails really white and healthy. It does make your feet super smooth so be extra careful as I have gone the full flight after soaking mine before OUCH.

You can use the Skin Nourishing Shower Cream in the bath as a little of that would go a long way. I think Molton Brown did a Desert Bloom bathing milk which was really nice.

Way back AY said it was used neat on a family member's children as they had eczema and helped sooth it.

Okay, I am not a fan of the Milk Bath, if it comes in a kit then I might buy it. Mine favourite was the Retreat now discontinued or the new Quiet Mind.

But I adore the shower cream version, which foams like nobodies business and leaves the skin really soft. Oh and can be used to shave your legs in the bath.

Milk bath is so amazing for dry feet, really recommend it in foot soak form, its a miracle worker, makes your toenails really white and healthy. It does make your feet super smooth so be extra careful as I have gone the full flight after soaking mine before OUCH.

Strangely I fell down the stairs yesterday - luckily only a third of the way - and the night before I had just started applying L'Occitane's lavender foot cream. A bruised toe and a few bruises on my legs and bottom. I was amazed at how I bounced down. I consider that I was lucky not to break my back.

I never put foot cream on and walk barefoot afterwards. I've a real talent for falling down the stairs and have done so twice in the last 18 months. The first time I tore my thigh muscle and couldn't walk or stand without being in agony for a few days. The second time I bruised my back and was grateful I hadn't hurt my leg again initially. But actually I did so although I'm not back to square one I'm back to not being able to walk long distances and I'm struggling with any form of exercise. I know it'll get better but it's so disappointing.

Strangely I fell down the stairs yesterday - luckily only a third of the way - and the night before I had just started applying L'Occitane's lavender foot cream. A bruised toe and a few bruises on my legs and bottom. I was amazed at how I bounced down. I consider that I was lucky not to break my back.

OUCH again, how awful hope your feeling less bruised today.

My 500ml glass bottle arrived and the product inside is slightly yellow coloured. Is this normal and part of the natural milk inside? I've always known it be quite white and milky coloured with no tinge at all. Can anybody offer any help?

It should be a milky colour, not stark white.
Out of interest did it come in a purple 25 year anniversary box with a purple ribbon? If so I had ove of those which I bought in 2009/2010 ( cant remember exactly but I was living in a house we stayed in for only a year).

Therefore the bottle you have could already be 2 or 3 years old. I would send it back if this is the case, at their expense.

My 500ml glass bottle arrived and the product inside is slightly yellow coloured. Is this normal and part of the natural milk inside? I've always known it be quite white and milky coloured with no tinge at all. Can anybody offer any help?

Have you given it a good shake? Has it just separated or is it all yellow?

It should be a milky colour, not stark white.
Out of interest did it come in a purple 25 year anniversary box with a purple ribbon? If so I had ove of those which I bought in 2009/2010 ( cant remember exactly but I was living in a house we stayed in for only a year).

Therefore the bottle you have could already be 2 or 3 years old. I would send it back if this is the case, at their expense.

It was 2010 because it was made especially for Elemis 20th Anniversary

I love the milk bath but whenever I have a bottle in the bathroom the d-i-l smothers the little grand-munchkins in it after their bath, as it makes them smell delicious, the bottle doesn't last long :grin:

...but Elemis also stated pcmc could be used ALL over the face (no need for separate eye treatment) when it first came on the scene...was that was until they came out with pcmc eye cream ?! :wonder:

daydreamer

The milk bath is not one of my favourites as I don't like the fragrance - don't like YC Baby Powder for that matter either but it's a product that I always seem to have in as I think it was the filler for TSVs prior to the days of Quiet Mind.

I just wanted to reiterate what daydreamer said about PCMC and how it was fine to use around the eyes until the arrival of the new eye creams! I still use it around my eyes and it's fine. I echo what others have said to the OP to use whatever quantity you like. The people at Elemis and QVC are sales people not your friends. x

Latest posts

Back