Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cosmetic_junkie

Registered Shopper
Hi Guys,

I used to swear by LE Cleanse & Polish until they changed the formula so it would no longer remove eye makeup very well.
Then I discovered the cleansing balm by Emma Hardie and am now at the bottom of my second pot and I love it. I've tried to re-order it but it seems to not be available on it's own you have to buy it with the rosehip stuff which I hate :sad: Does anyone know if it's likely to come back without the rosehip stuff or can you suggest an alternative that can be used all over your face including the eyes?

Thanks

Rumour has it there is going to be a EH TSV in the very near future. Seems it was mentioned at the Beauty Bash.

SpaceNK sells EH and you can buy the cleansing balm in a 100mls size on its own I know.

I think she only sells the 100ml balm with the rosehip seeds on her own website as she considers it a complete cleansing routine. However, I'm with you and don't get on with the rosehip seeds. You could try eBay, of course.

As for alternative, I got the Balance Me Try Me which includes "Cleanse and Smooth Balm". I wanted to compare it to EH because full size 125ml Balance Me is £20 which is a lot less expensive that the moringa balm and you get a little more! The Balance Me balm is just as good at cleansing skin, removing make-up (including infamous Mally mascara)and has lovely natural fragrance but it is a little more "runny" in texture probably because it's in a tube. Personally, I prefer the more solid texture of the moringa but because of the cost I shall keep the moringa for occasional use and use the balance me balm for everyday.

I highly recommend the rest of the kit too.

Fingers crossed that Donna is right about the TSV.

Hope this helps CJ.:happy:

Thanks for the replies, I have tried SapceNK but when you click on the balm it says it's not currently available but they do have it in the kit, which makes me wonder if she's decided not to sell it separatley anymore as it's not available on her site either. No luck on ebay either :(

I will try the balance me thanks for the tip :)

Hmmm, just tried Feelunique (where I had mine, on it's own with the cloth) and can't find it without the seeds there, either.

If you don't need "natural", Clinique's Take the Day Off balm gets all my slap off. I've used and liked the Botanics balm, but not tried it removing makeup. The No7 C&P knock off also gets it all off (don't use waterproof mascara, though).

I thought Liz was adamant the formula had not changed.
That's what I thought I heard her say anyway.

You need to find a SpaceNK store as they have far more stock in those and yes the 100mls balm. There is also a Morning Cleanser from EH with is in a pump and seems like a lighter version of the balm. I am using her eye serum at the moment which I bought from my local SpaceNK back in November.

Well Liz Earle took out almond milk so yes the formula has changed, if you take something out and replace it with coco butter a cheaper ingredient its not the same.

I was in Boots today and as I had accumulated loads of points, i bought the No 7 cleansing balm and No 7 hot cloth cleanser. I wanted to try the C&P lookalike to see whether I could change to that from the original to save money. The balm caught my eye and curiousity after reading so much about balms on here. It would be good (and cheaper) if i like them!

Just a point about the No 7 balm, it says not to use around the eye area??? So it won't be taking off eye make up. Also as it is in a tube, it is slightly runnier. Apart from that I like it (just in case anyone was thinking of buying it).

I was in Boots today and as I had accumulated loads of points, i bought the No 7 cleansing balm and No 7 hot cloth cleanser. I wanted to try the C&P lookalike to see whether I could change to that from the original to save money. The balm caught my eye and curiousity after reading so much about balms on here. It would be good (and cheaper) if i like them!

I bought these too in Boots. The cleansing balm is ok - I use it with my Clarisonic - but it's heavily perfumed so I probably won't buy it again. The hot cloth cleanser is good though. Excellent price for 200ml for a tenner

I bought these too in Boots. The cleansing balm is ok - I use it with my Clarisonic - but it's heavily perfumed so I probably won't buy it again. The hot cloth cleanser is good though. Excellent price for 200ml for a tenner

Thank you for that. I like the balm, but I am more interested in the hot cloth cleanser as money is really tight and i am hoping I could change over from LE, which with postage and converting into euros, gets quite expensive . I haven't used it yet, as I am using up original C&P and No 7 balm, but hopefully I will like it.

Have you tried Soap and Glory's The Fab Pore hot cloth cleanser? I haven't tried it yet but have read good reviews, and it's only £10 for 100ML.

I have been using the Boots hot cloth cleanser for a couple of years - since they changed the forumla of the C&P. I love it - it is really good value as I stock up when the £5 vouchers are on so it costs £5 for 200ml. I use it with my Clarisonic. Don't like the muslin cloths that come with it though. I still use the Liz Earle ones. But I take the Boots ones with me when I go away and then throw them away instead of bringing them back.

I do also like the Sanctury one as well but that is a bit more expensive.

Thanks ian

Thanks Ian
I have been looking everywhere too.
I wonder if this is going to be the beauty product of the month like the sarah chapman facial - with free p and p

A quick update:

I received my 200ml Emma Hardie balm from QVC, it is huge, too wide for my bathroom cabinet!! I do wish she would change the packaging as the product is wonderful but the unwieldy jar lets it down. There was no cloth included with this item but I have 2 from previous purchases of the smaller size.

I have also got the balance me balm and whilst it is very good it's not quite as good with bullet proof eye makeup so will just use it on my less madeup days.

I've used C&P, Akin rose, No7 hot cloth, Soap & Glory fab pore and at the moment using the tube of Decleor Fiona's cleanser from the TSV as a Christmas present.
Have found I've not made a dent into it as yet, whilst the outlay on purchasing is more it will turn out to be more cost effective as you need as little as a finger nail.

Latest posts

Back