Empty box

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
Received an order today, earrings, & the box was empty!
Has this happened to anyone else?
rang customer services & to be honest, thinking about it, ended up feeling that it was being implied that the chap didn’t believe me! Was told they will send out some sort of form plus a plastic bag for me to return both box & packaging it came in, then they will “investigate” if it’s a packing problem or theft...theft! The package didn’t look at all tampered with. Is this the usual routine?
Been shopping with them for years, spent far too much, & now they make me feel like a thief. Not happy.

Not from QVC but I ordered a fairly pricey necklace from my catalogue and the sent the wrong one, really flimsy and cheap but in a box labelled with the description of the correct product and a sticker with the correct number attached to the actual chain. I felt they didn't believe me when I complained, I'm sure they thought I'd switched necklaces but they sorted it out for me..however, put me right off buying fine jewellery online. Hope they sort it for you soon.

Of course if Q didn’t insist on putting jewellery in a plastic bag separate from the empty box these sort of things wouldn’t happen. I assume this is some sort of production line packaging system which accounts for the jewellery often not fitting the box properly.
Apart from anything else it would be added protection for the item but then I suppose it would cost another 10p to have someone actually open a box and fit the item on.

I do wonder why they very rarely put the item of jewellery into the box. I received a necklace this week, and when I opened up the envelope the necklace fell onto the floor as it had not been put into the humongous draw string bag that came with it. So much for 'we can send it out as a gift on your behalf'. They don't bother to make sure the item is presented professionally at all. I have had so many rings just plonked into a ring box and not fitted into the slot to keep it secure. It is infuriating.

If it was the pair of diamonique earrings in a little jewellery box, I got that. The earrings were inside in plastic bags.

Sounds like someone hasnt checked that they are in there before sending out.

With QVC it’s never innocent till proven guilty, it’s just insinuating, passive aggressively, that you’re guilty. The reason is that QVC aren’t like a proper retailer were the customer is always right, they see it as QVC are never wrong. I’m afraid 1 star rating on Trustpilot (last time I looked) says otherwise.

A couple of years ago I had a lot of things I bought off Amazon for presents either disappear or gift cards were empty on arrival. It's despicable. I'm many things - all of which I'll admit to - but I would not consider myself a thief.

To be fair to QVC they have never questioned me when things have gone wrong but I would be insulted and upset were it implied I was trying to steal a plastic Santa or a a set of cheap lights :mad: Why would you go to all the bother of lying for the sake of £20? If you say it's an empty box then OF COURSE IT IS!!

CC

Thank you everyone.
I probably over reacted but it was his tone that upset me. I naively just expected that they’d accept that they made a mistake on this occasion & replace them. I’ve never had to complain of such a thing before & I’ve ordered lots from them.

I've had the wrong items in boxes before. I've also had someone's returns label (twice!) in the box with (second-hand) items - obviously not checked.

I've also had a suspicious person questioning me and it isn't nice. You didn't over-react. In cases like this, they need to pass you on to an experienced agent who can handle the call correctly without making things worse!

Received an order today, earrings, & the box was empty!
Has this happened to anyone else?
rang customer services & to be honest, thinking about it, ended up feeling that it was being implied that the chap didn’t believe me! Was told they will send out some sort of form plus a plastic bag for me to return both box & packaging it came in, then they will “investigate” if it’s a packing problem or theft...theft! The package didn’t look at all tampered with. Is this the usual routine?
Been shopping with them for years, spent far too much, & now they make me feel like a thief. Not happy.
Yes - but my package had obviously been tampered with in the post
Q just sent out the standard letter for me to sign and I got a full refund

I think after you’ve received your replacement or refund, I’d complain about how unhappy you were with the way this was handled, and the way the person made you feel. Though they’ll deny being in the wrong, no doubt and underline company policy, which could leave you feeling even more cheesed off. However, it’ll be their loss- not yours at the end of the day. I think this is a terrible way to treat their customers .

It would’t matter if the cost had only been 5p. You paid for something and you got sent an empty box. Coupled with poor service, the guy who is part of their “award winning customer service” department (what a joke) acted in an totally unprofessional way. What happened to “the customer is always right?”

I hope it gets sorted out quickly for you although, sadly, with QVC, that’s probably being over optimistic.

I’ll just say: coconut mushroom, cheque book and tea bag.

Maybe multitasking, typing in your details and having a sympathetic tone of voice, was not possible for the telephone operator. I think we should video opening packages.

Latest posts

Back