EMU sizing help please - thanks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
Hi all, some help required please...if I go for a pair of Emu sheepkin boot and I'm a 7, should i order a 7 or a 6? What have you all found - stick with your regular size or go down? Thanks

I always go down a size - im a 4 and buy a 3. To be honest they feel a little neat for the first few weeks but once the sheepskin beds down a bit they are perfect - in fact after a year of wearing i could go down another size so i just slip in an extra insole.

I bought a size 3 and after using them for a while they now feel too big. I would suggest going down a size.

That goes for me too,my normal size 4 feel too big now .I should have gone down a size.The nature shop usually has some good prices for emus also amazon..

I am a size 3 and cannot go down a size!!!! Emus are wider at the ankle and that is what most complain about. Your heel can move about after a while. If you buy the Bronte from Emu which do not have the sheepskin lining but Merino wood, they are very very very big fitting.

I bought the Stinger Lo in my normal size 7 and they were too big BUT it was more that they were too loose around the ankle. I even added an insole and they were then too tight in the foot but still too big around the ankle. I wasn't convinced that a 6 in that design would fit me either.

I ended up with Bearpaws from the high street. In a size 7.

I love the Bronte, but I have one pair of Emus that is not waterproof - just going out in the garden in the morning with the dog leaves my socks soaked. :( I stay with my usual size 8 and that works for me, having said that with some shoes I have to go up to a 9 so that's probably why it works for me. I ended up buying the Alba yesterday, but I paid half the QVC price so I'm pleased, I couldn't really spend that much on boots!

BTW, I'd always recommend the lovely and cheaper Bearpaws. Nature Shop has them and you can often find them in TKMaxx as well.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody! I do own Uggs in my usual size which fit well. At least with QVC if I do get some I can try for 30 days and send back if they end up feeling too big. I think I will go down a size though.

I love the Bronte, but I have one pair of Emus that is not waterproof - just going out in the garden in the morning with the dog leaves my socks soaked. :( I stay with my usual size 8 and that works for me, having said that with some shoes I have to go up to a 9 so that's probably why it works for me. I ended up buying the Alba yesterday, but I paid half the QVC price so I'm pleased, I couldn't really spend that much on boots!

BTW, I'd always recommend the lovely and cheaper Bearpaws. Nature Shop has them and you can often find them in TKMaxx as well.

I wanted Emus or Uggs. There is no way I could afford them unfortunately. I read on here about Bearpaws and our TK Maxx had a massive load of them in last winter so I bought a gorgeous pair of black ones. They cost about €40. I wish I had bought the chestnut or dark green ones at the same time. I will definitely be back in there soon to get those colours. They are so warm and they look as good as new even though I lived in them all last winter. I would really recommend them.

I am a size 3 and cannot go down a size!!!! Emus are wider at the ankle and that is what most complain about. Your heel can move about after a while. If you buy the Bronte from Emu which do not have the sheepskin lining but Merino wood, they are very very very big fitting.
Ah someone else with my size feet, I find it such a problem as I am a small 3, I find a lot of shoes (especially on QVC) start at a 4

Thanks everybody! I do own Uggs in my usual size which fit well. At least with QVC if I do get some I can try for 30 days and send back if they end up feeling too big. I think I will go down a size though.
Just be careful tinaborder as i bought some last year and had to send them
back and they were £5 or £6 to send back , very expensive, although i suppose if you wear them a while its okay, i didn"t so counting up the p and p was
horrendous

i prefer uggs. sadly you cant beat them. for years i avoided paying ugg prices and bought emus which are lovely and warm but for me ill fitting as said at the heel. the sheepskin also gets too baggy and oddly some of the heel part of the sole wears very quickly on some of the newer styles. personally you can buy uggs for a reasonable price i posted regarding mandm who are authorised seller who sell various styles cheap.

i bought the cuff short which sells for £255 i got them for £111 with free postage a lot cheaper than emu and the quality is far better

i prefer uggs. sadly you cant beat them. for years i avoided paying ugg prices and bought emus which are lovely and warm but for me ill fitting as said at the heel. the sheepskin also gets too baggy and oddly some of the heel part of the sole wears very quickly on some of the newer styles. personally you can buy uggs for a reasonable price i posted regarding mandm who are authorised seller who sell various styles cheap.

i bought the cuff short which sells for £255 i got them for £111 with free postage a lot cheaper than emu and the quality is far better

I agree. I returned a pair of Emu's back to QVC as they began bagging within weeks and the tread on the soles were coming away.

I bought a pair of the short mini Uggs. They look better and hold their shape well. My only criticism is after a winter of wear the sheepskin insole has worn away in places and I don't think it can be replaced after checking out Ugg insoles. Not what I would expect for the money

I buy BRITISH !!!! from Celtic Sheepskin based in Cornwall - no problems with size. Did try Emu's but sent them back as the ankle was too wide and my toes were touching the end of the boot. Not comfortable. If I'm paying loadsamoney I want them to fit immediately, not wait "for something to happen"

Just be careful tinaborder as i bought some last year and had to send them
back and they were £5 or £6 to send back , very expensive, although i suppose if you wear them a while its okay, i didn"t so counting up the p and p was
horrendous

Just thinking, after a lot of the comments that have been made, but taking into consideration what everyone has said...
When do QVC do the extended MBG to 25th Jan? Does it start on 25th October? If I wait until then I'bve got 3 months to try! Cunning...lol! :thinking::happy:

Latest posts

Back