Shoe sizing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alisonwt

Registered Shopper
Last night I watched Jackie presenting the Skechers hour and whilst it got a bit silly, it was so refreshing in that she tried on every shoe and commented on the sizing, whether it was true to size or whether you should go up or down for a good fit. Why can't they do this with all their shoes, it would make purchasing a lot less risky to at least have some idea of the fit. Surely that would help increase sales as I know I am often put off by the amazing differences in the same size shoes. Mind, she did also say that it was a health and safety no-no to be barefoot in the studio so goodness knows what it expected to be lurking on their floor :)

Last night I watched Jackie presenting the Skechers hour and whilst it got a bit silly, it was so refreshing in that she tried on every shoe and commented on the sizing, whether it was true to size or whether you should go up or down for a good fit. Why can't they do this with all their shoes, it would make purchasing a lot less risky to at least have some idea of the fit. Surely that would help increase sales as I know I am often put off by the amazing differences in the same size shoes. Mind, she did also say that it was a health and safety no-no to be barefoot in the studio so goodness knows what it expected to be lurking on their floor :)
It's hit or miss where shoe size is concerned. It would be helpful if the models were allowed to
comment on how well their shoes fit or if it's better to go up or down. Most floors have germs on them, but it's probably a safety hazard in case someone slips and falls.

I agree with you. I was told a couple of years ago that so many of our shoes are made in the EU or that awful place China, so this is why the sizing is not what we know. I was told this in a very good shoe shop in my town. I am size 4 but have rarely been able to buy 4 without going up to 5.

It's hit or miss where shoe size is concerned. It would be helpful if the models were allowed to
comment on how well their shoes fit or if it's better to go up or down. Most floors have germs on them, but it's probably a safety hazard in case someone slips and falls.
That's what I thought. It was so easy for Jackie to try them on and comment that I wondered why everyone couldn't do that, or like you say, the models that are showing them, although half the time the models seem to be in any size other than one that actually fits them.

I agree with you. I was told a couple of years ago that so many of our shoes are made in the EU or that awful place China, so this is why the sizing is not what we know. I was told this in a very good shoe shop in my town. I am size 4 but have rarely been able to buy 4 without going up to 5.
I've had shoes from M& S ranging from a 4.5 to a 6. I've just got 2 pairs of ballet pumps from Primark size 5 and they are a good fit despite being a bit too wide but I have very narrow feet.
When I first started work in 1965 no matter were I got my shoes I was consistently a 5 and the shoes were all made of leather and in the UK.

That's what I thought. It was so easy for Jackie to try them on and comment that I wondered why everyone couldn't do that, or like you say, the models that are showing them, although half the time the models seem to be in any size other than one that actually fits them.
Their heels sometimes hang over the backs of the sliders.

Jackie and Ruth were on yesterday and a customer asked if the sandals they were wearing were suitable for wide feet. Jackie said they wouldn’t be but Ruth immediately took over and said they don’t get many returns. She didn’t appreciate Jackie’s honesty.

Jackie and Ruth were on yesterday and a customer asked if the sandals they were wearing were suitable for wide feet. Jackie said they wouldn’t be but Ruth immediately took over and said they don’t get many returns. She didn’t appreciate Jackie’s honesty.
That was clever of Ruth, but in the long run, honesty is always the best policy.

I've had shoes from M& S ranging from a 4.5 to a 6. I've just got 2 pairs of ballet pumps from Primark size 5 and they are a good fit despite being a bit too wide but I have very narrow feet.
When I first started work in 1965 no matter were I got my shoes I was consistently a 5 and the shoes were all made of leather and in the UK.
We must be of similar ages Patsy because my size 4s in the late 50s right up to probably the 80s I coukd buy in any shops and didn’t have to size up.

I have only ever kept a couple of pairs of shoes I ordered from QVC as they are either impossibly narrow or they are just far too big or far too small. I'm a bog standard 6 and buy a 6 in every shoe shop I go into but Q's shoe sizes are weird. I've paid a small fortune to send so many pairs of Skechers back yet I bought 2 pairs of size 6 Skechers from IW and they were a perfect fit. Made for Q maybe or they get all the rejects/returns?

CC

I have only ever kept a couple of pairs of shoes I ordered from QVC as they are either impossibly narrow or they are just far too big or far too small. I'm a bog standard 6 and buy a 6 in every shoe shop I go into but Q's shoe sizes are weird. I've paid a small fortune to send so many pairs of Skechers back yet I bought 2 pairs of size 6 Skechers from IW and they were a perfect fit. Made for Q maybe or they get all the rejects/returns?

CC
I told this before, my SIL came for a holiday from Canada in 2019. She wore a pair of leather ballet style Sketchers and said they were so comfortable, and it was a friend in Canada you recommended them to her. When she left to go home, I went into the local Sketchers store, explained the shoes and they knew which ones. But, they were wide fitting and as a size 3 could not go down a size. They were like boats on my feet and the SA serving me did say Sketcher do wide fitting and regular and that can make a massive difference in fit. So I am wondering do QVC just sell the wide fitting versions? They never seem to state if the shoes they are showing are wide fitting.

I must have monster feet then as Q's skechers were always too tight on me across the wide part of my foot before the toes. Skechers I've bought elsewhere (IW, catalogue) haven't been like that and were a good fit.

CC

Latest posts

Back