plus size models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Also on the shorter and well upholstered models, the sleeve lengths are a joke. The cuffs end up in the middle of the palm of the hand. I know sleeves are contentious and I've spent loads over the years getting them altered to sit on the wrist - where they should be, but even politicians and celebrities are guilty of looking rubbish in ill fitting jackets.

On a more serious note, where are the bosses?

They should be made to watch some of these cringeworthy presentations. It must affect sales surely.

Lazy styling at its very best. I also get the impression that they've hired youngsters who have contempt for the clothes they're "styling" and the customers they're aimed at (older women).

IMO it says more about the stylists and the people who let them get away it but I am surprised that brands allow their clothes to be shown like this.

I don’t consider a size 16 to be plus size - it’s the average size in uk
I agree with much shorter models, as in reality most of their customers are not approaching 6 ft tall
Also, please be aware that some people are larger due to medical conditions and cannot lose weight.
If they can look a short older size 24/26 look good, then they would sell much more
Have you noticed that’s it’s always the larger sizes that sell out !

On a more serious note, where are the bosses?

They should be made to watch some of these cringeworthy presentations. It must affect sales surely.

Lazy styling at its very best. I also get the impression that they've hired youngsters who have contempt for the clothes they're "styling" and the customers they're aimed at (older women).

IMO it says more about the stylists and the people who let them get away it but I am surprised that brands allow their clothes to be shown like this.
There are always complaints about a large sized model being squeezed into a size much too small for her but the other day, there was a petite model wearing a blouse much too large for her. The cuffs of the sleeves covered her hands. The so called stylists just can't get it right and the BA's and presenters don't say a word.

Just watching Apricot on Style with Victoria Fitzbighead. Goodness knows what she’s wearing but she looks as if she’s going off to play one of the soldiers in The Nutcracker or to dance in Anchors Aweigh with Gene Kelly.
That is so funny Batti, Bry (the dog) just got a wine shower as I lost control of the glass I was laughing so much :LOL: :LOL: 🍷

CC

depending on the make I am 22/24 in tops and 16/18 on trousers. I do not consider the latter plus size, but 22/24 I reckon is a plus. I am constantly amused ney bewildered, at the so called plus size models on QVC saying they are size 16 or 18. Perhaps so, but they look bigger than I do so I wonder if they are the sizes they say. Of course, they say tv makes you look larger. I have always had very slim legs and ankles, some of the models have legs twice the size of mine.

depending on the make I am 22/24 in tops and 16/18 on trousers. I do not consider the latter plus size, but 22/24 I reckon is a plus. I am constantly amused ney bewildered, at the so called plus size models on QVC saying they are size 16 or 18. Perhaps so, but they look bigger than I do so I wonder if they are the sizes they say. Of course, they say tv makes you look larger. I have always had very slim legs and ankles, some of the models have legs twice the size of mine.
Sophia has very large legs. Nothing against her, but longer skirts and wider trousers would suit her so much better than the tight or short clothes the stylists cram her into. You've got to wear clothes that flatter your figure, no matter what size you are.

Latest posts

Back