Endless beauty TSVs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the olden days I would have eagerly awaited the L’Occ., Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, Liz Earle, Gatineau , maybe Mally and latterly Elemis TSVs.Now hardly bother to look & the only one considered was Elemis.I didn’t order that because I know the Elemis products I want and the TSVs are bulked out with those I am not bothered about.Basically I am a lot more selective! Good move!

If a TSV has an eye product in it that usually pushes the price up. For me its not something I use. Also anther ploy is to supersize eye and lip items. To give it a huge RRP.

i sent Q a pm in November saying why don't youmake your main live channel beauty/style products. change your beauty or style channel to a variety of products ...i said i'm of the age when i remember you used to have toy shows (as Xmas is mainly for kids) DIY garden gifts & tech hours. they did not like that i said Ideal world at least had toy shows.... i got we will pass this onto our programmers & buyers
you justneed to look at the TSV page today as withthembringing forward the TSVs with the delivery problems 4 beauty TSVs & 1 tech the Rush charger .... on the plus side we should get some overpriced fitness TSVs in January :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am proud to say I haven't bought any of the beauty TSV's at all. Usually I buy a few. Have bought from Boots though. Some of their better than half price gift sets have been great value, plus you get points.

Just bought myself a gift set of No7 skincare for £41 less a fiver so only £36, as I spent over £30, was £85 worth £140. They have had a fair few Liz Earle sets better than half price. I bought one of them with superskin. I have been a canny shopper this year. And all have had free postage.

I am proud to say I haven't bought any of the beauty TSV's at all. Usually I buy a few. Have bought from Boots though. Some of their better than half price gift sets have been great value, plus you get points.

Just bought myself a gift set of No7 skincare for £41 less a fiver so only £36, as I spent over £30, was £85 worth £140. They have had a fair few Liz Earle sets better than half price. I bought one of them with superskin. I have been a canny shopper this year. And all have had free postage.
Boots have had some really good deals this year. And always extra points if you spend over £45. I think you get £4.50 worth of points. And free delivery or click and collect. I’ve been very impressed.

I never buy the sets of beauty products because I know that I wouldn’t use most of the contents. Consequently, if I see one item that I like in a set I source it elsewhere.

I do find the TSV beauty shows very dull though and don’t watch them as a rule, especially as shows like Elemis are on nearly every hour throughout the TSV day (not to mention the dozens of time that Elemis airs in between their TSV days. 🙄)

And so its continuing............ its getting to the point where QVC is just one long Beauty Fest with the odd 'other stuff' thrown in as fillers until more nail polish, hair products, cosmetics, skin ranges can be chucked at us. Even Wynn Layers has been side lined - which is saying something, , and that was on every day of the week during the pandemic.

Aside from Laura Geller's blush'n'bronzer which I bought years ago and is still going strong ! I am not the target audience for beauty. I buy my shampoos from TKMaxx, I have a selection of Rimmel / Max Factor lippies bought from supermarkets, ergo eyebrow, bourjois blushers, and mascaras. (Its noticeable now that Testers have been ditched in these outlets, so what to do ? I'm refusing to spend around a tenner on a lippy that is beyond a horrible colour when I get it home !!!)

Latest posts

Back