Launch of the cosmetic advent calenders - but will they be featured at QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
The one that creates most excitement!
Benefit £34.90. launches 15th October 2015
BENEFIT HERE

Ciate Advent calender £49.99
CIATE HERE

L'Occitane, £39
L'OCCITANE HERE

QVC USA had their own variety last Christmas
HERE

I believe Elemis and Liz Earle are also due to launch ready for Christmas 2015

Personally, I would go for Benefit, but I think If I could magically create one for sale from QVC UK , it would be one full of mini samples of Mally or Laura Geller

and an Alpha H 12 days of Christmas minis samples for the skin.
:mysmilie_14:

Which advent calender would you like to receive 'perfect for you'? Or maybe its one already created from above?

Last edited:
The Ciate advent calendar can be bought for £25 by entering MINIMANI25 at checkout and p & p is free. This offer ends at 11.59pm on Monday 12th October and can be verified on this weeks Money Saving Expert's email. It's a really good offer as the contents are worth £110

I quite fancy either the Benefit one or the L'Occitane calendar. The Boots no7 one looks excellent too. I used to always treat myself to the Yankee advent calendar but it worked out at over a £1.00 for each tea light which was a bit steep I think and I quite fancy a change this year.

The Ciate advent calendar can be bought for £25 by entering MINIMANI25 at checkout and p & p is free. This offer ends at 11.59pm on Monday 12th October and can be verified on this weeks Money Saving Expert's email. It's a really good offer as the contents are worth £110

Thats awesome...
Im so in love right now with heirloom(which is included) and love letter

I quite fancy either the Benefit one or the L'Occitane calendar. The Boots no7 one looks excellent too. I used to always treat myself to the Yankee advent calendar but it worked out at over a £1.00 for each tea light which was a bit steep I think and I quite fancy a change this year.

that is expensive! Besides, I feel YC is not what they used to be

There is a calander by Jo Malone parfum now I could really get into a sniff a day ...:mysmilie_59:

Heads up(see I said it long before QVC decided to use it:mysmilie_17:), last year in TKMaxx the Ciate previous year's appear at £19 that was the big one, they also had a small one cheaper again.

This was posted on the 'reasons not to shop at qvc' section beginning the week and it is indeed a great deal!

Do you rate ciate polish then? I've never tried it. Does it give good coverage? Thanks!

I personally think the coverage is great - the glitters take an AGE to get off though - sadly I Imagine a lot of people are so much into the gel systems now, that on- off polish might be a dying breed :(

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty-hair/beauty-trends/a38073/best-beauty-advent-calendars-2015/

Looking at the above page I'd like most of them except those by the Body Shop, Cheeky, Lush!

I have bought Ciate calendars in the post-Xmas sales at TKMaxx. They are very good polishes, but probably not worth it if you don't like glitter. Not only are there quite a few glitter polishes, there are pots of LOOSE glitter which is for bling addicts only.

The Benefit one advertised only has 12 items. I have read reviews of their full advent calendar where people felt cheated with really naff gifts like paper clips, hair bobbles and mini notepads. I hope this year's doesn't include such things.

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty-hair/beauty-trends/a38073/best-beauty-advent-calendars-2015/

Looking at the above page I'd like most of them except those by the Body Shop, Cheeky, Lush!

I have bought Ciate calendars in the post-Xmas sales at TKMaxx. They are very good polishes, but probably not worth it if you don't like glitter. Not only are there quite a few glitter polishes, there are pots of LOOSE glitter which is for bling addicts only.

The Benefit one advertised only has 12 items. I have read reviews of their full advent calendar where people felt cheated with really naff gifts like paper clips, hair bobbles and mini notepads. I hope this year's doesn't include such things.

That Cosmo link is great - lots of stunning tempting Advent calendars ;)

As for The Ciate I think I am going to go for it... This years only has the one large glitter and three glitter toppers out of the whole set (no pots of glitter) plus 3 mini treatments so I would use most snd will use about half of the lot for pressies :)

I'm really liking the L'Occitane one. I'd love the Jo Malone one but that's a doolally price. Not saying the value isn't there but that would be too much for me treat myself.

If it's any help, the poundland has those little cups that you put remover in and pop your finger tips in so you can soak the glitter polish a bit. I haven't tried them to take off polish but I have put them on my fingers and they do stay on nice and snug so I don't think they will leak.

Latest posts

Back