Fat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just want to be taller - will solve all my problems (in my dreams)

Personally I think it is your personality which makes other people label you rather than your actual size. No one calls a slim jolly person skinny or an overweight grump as plump.

And I think we all assume if a particular bit of you was different you would morph into Kate Moss and be as happy as Larry.

For every person who complains about having, say big feet, there are 2 who say they are too small for fashionable reasonable priced footwear. Grass is always greener on the other side.

Dear Lenny Feinberg used to refer to 'fuller figured gals' which I like since I am one! I'd rather be called that than fat.

If using the Small, Medium, Large, XL 2XL 3XL...

Why is the medium called the medium? It equates roughly to a size 12. Well, as it happens current average dress size in UK is size 16. So 16 should in fact be labelled as M. That would mean they need to have S = 14, XS = 12, 2XS = 10 and 3XS = 8. Going in the other direction L = 18 XL = 20, 2XL = 22 and 3XL = 24.

That being the case, if plus size starts at L... how about "slightly above average"???

If using the Small, Medium, Large, XL 2XL 3XL...

Why is the medium called the medium? It equates roughly to a size 12. Well, as it happens current average dress size in UK is size 16. So 16 should in fact be labelled as M. That would mean they need to have S = 14, XS = 12, 2XS = 10 and 3XS = 8. Going in the other direction L = 18 XL = 20, 2XL = 22 and 3XL = 24.

That being the case, if plus size starts at L... how about "slightly above average"???

IM A SMALL! just like Miss Julia. Well I would be (on a good day) if as you suggest a 14 was a small. That will do for me Tommy!

What I find funny about QVC "fashion" is when they say the size is a generous fit, so in that case a ten will be a twelve, a twelve a fourteen, a fourteen a sixteen which is, to say the least confusing. Why not make a ten fit a size ten, a twelve fit a twelve a fourteen and so on? :mysmilie_13:

Last edited:
Yes, the fuller figured gals is good. Hey, some of us are fat, some of us are thin and some of us are in between. Some are fat bottomed and some are big busted. But we're US aren't we? When you see an old friend do you think "god you're still fat" or do you think "missed you so much". Do you see someone and think "god you must trough all day long" or do you just see someone bigger/smaller than you? I think the media put all this nonsense about size matters into our heads.

It also doesn't help that doctors these days are fixated with obesity. I went to the doctors for a repeat prescription and I ended up getting weighed, lectured and humiliated really that my BMI was high and I was bordering on obese. I'm 9 stone 2, but I am short and fat round the middle. I left feeling like howling and wanting to eat the whole of Greggs.

CC

We don't have a Greggs ! I'll have a glass of wine instead (and maybe a crisp) and maybe a bit of choccy - yes I'm still a small!!!

Latest posts

Back