Faux pas on air

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I am sure there have been lots of verbal faux pas live on air over the years and the subject has been discussed regularly on here, but in the few months I have been looking on shoppingtelly.com, I've not seen any discussions, so I wonder if anyone wants to share any recent howlers?

I was thinking about it as this morning, Alison Young was on with Laura Geller and said she couldn't stand next to Tara (model) for some reason or she would "dig her in the ring". I don't know what AY had done that was so bad! Anyway, she soon corrected herself and said "in the ribs".

Also, Laura G took exception to AY's pronunciation of 'dewy' as 'jewy'. LG was absolutely shocked and kept saying, "You can't say that - that's terrible". It's not so much a 'faux pas' as a 'misunderstanding' but it certainly caused a commotion on the set.

Love to hear what else you all have heard over the years.

Tell Laura I love her.
I love anyone prepared to defend the English language (among other things) from abuse.

I wonder why AY didn't slap LG's face or pull her hair?

One of my faves was when Mally was on with (yep, another AY story I'm afraid). Mally was introducing some new product or other and she said to AY "OMG Miss Allykins you will just POOP YOUR PANTS when you see what this does!!" and AY just looked aghast and said "I hope I DON'T". :grin:

Lee from Bare Minerals said shite instead of shine recently when waxing lyrical about some product o other. To be fair she professionally carried on talking and i would not have even noticed had it not been for giggles from SJ making Lee own up to saying something wrong. Obviously i had to rewind to hear what she has said!

Tell Laura I love her.
I love anyone prepared to defend the English language (among other things) from abuse.

I wonder why AY didn't slap LG's face or pull her hair?

Ha! AY was very defensive, she of the "ingreejunts" and "small, meejum, large".

One of my faves was when Mally was on with (yep, another AY story I'm afraid). Mally was introducing some new product or other and she said to AY "OMG Miss Allykins you will just POOP YOUR PANTS when you see what this does!!" and AY just looked aghast and said "I hope I DON'T". :grin:

Love to have seen that!

Lee from Bare Minerals said shite instead of shine recently when waxing lyrical about some product o other. To be fair she professionally carried on talking and i would not have even noticed had it not been for giggles from SJ making Lee own up to saying something wrong. Obviously i had to rewind to hear what she has said!

Now that could have been Freudian?

Mally said that a packshot of one of her eyeshadows made it look "like a little turd".

She was right too.

Just remembered another one, earlier this year, though I can't quite remember the precise product or who said it - it could have been the Gatineau or Decleor lady. Anyway, she was demonstrating a cream that targets lines and wrinkles and I think it was an eye serum but she was saying even though it says it's for the eyes, you can tap it on anywhere, lips, decolletage, etc. Then she said, "Don't be too anal with it". Nobody really spoke for a few seconds as they tried to suppress the laughter in their voices. Even a minute later, you could hear someone behind the camera laughing.

Thanks. Keeley can get quite visibly embarrassed on air but I don't think she seemed that bothered by her own remark.

She probably didn't understand what was funny about it. Not the brightest button in the box.

I once watched Mally say to Julia that she had to wear Mally make up then all the men would want to have s*x with her. Julia nearly fell off her chair he he he he. Didn't Kaena Kirk once say something about a top/shawl covering the fanny when she was referring to the backside he he he he he he he.

CC

Debbie Flint was on one of those "premium pie" shows and waxing lyrical about really being able to taste the lamb and the cook pointed out it was steak and kidney

I would have loved to have seen that :grin:

The models looked at each other like OMG did he just say that?! But everyone else just didn't even acknowledge what he'd said. I think I would have collapsed in stitches! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it was a Faux pas,but the lady guest from Ego hair straightners said they had tamed her very large bush.!!!!!!
Lynn:cool:

Latest posts

Back