Flourish by Amelia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deasmum

Registered Shopper
Do you think that Flourish by Amelia- forgive the pun- flourished? My mum is a keen gardener and she was very curious about the range when it was first advertised, but in her opinion it ended up being a disappointment, with things either of little use, things that you can get basically anywhere else or overpriced items. If there are keen gardeners out there, I would love to hear your views on Flourish. I actually like Amelia as a presenter, so I was rooting for her, but I am not a gardener, so hardly the target audience.

I'm not sure, I think its fairly popular, but its not my thing. Currently watching Lynn trying to sell Willy the terracotta worm, I'm too hot to change the channel lol!

I am watching Lynn too. Have you multibought Willy the worms? I am spending the afternoon in front of a fan. I am too hot to watch anything more stimulating than this.

Do you think that Flourish by Amelia- forgive the pun- flourished? My mum is a keen gardener and she was very curious about the range when it was first advertised, but in her opinion it ended up being a disappointment, with things either of little use, things that you can get basically anywhere else or overpriced items. If there are keen gardeners out there, I would love to hear your views on Flourish. I actually like Amelia as a presenter, so I was rooting for her, but I am not a gardener, so hardly the target audience.
No. Havent seen it for a week or so. Another novelty.

I'm not sure, I think its fairly popular, but its not my thing. Currently watching Lynn trying to sell Willy the terracotta worm, I'm too hot to change the channel lol!
Wasn't that horrendous i do they must run out of items.

I’ve never watched any of the Flourish shows, as it’s not my thing. I remember when it started thinking to myself that it seemed quite a cheeky, was this created to make cash out of Amelia’s horticulture course? Or did the horticulture course come as an afterthought to promoting the gardening products. I’m currently watching TJC and trying to workout what colour Peter Sherlock’s tan is.

I’ve never watched any of the Flourish shows, as it’s not my thing. I remember when it started thinking to myself that it seemed quite a cheeky, was this created to make cash out of Amelia’s horticulture course? Or did the horticulture course come as an afterthought to promoting the gardening products. I’m currently watching TJC and trying to workout what colour Peter Sherlock’s tan is.
Wow didn't know she did one. SB trying to diversify?? 🤫

When they first advertised Flourish, I asked myself exactly the same question regarding Amelia's horticulture course. The cynic in me wants to say that she took the course to give credibility to Gemporia's new range.... Shame on me for being so cynical!

When they first advertised Flourish, I asked myself exactly the same question regarding Amelia's horticulture course. The cynic in me wants to say that she took the course to give credibility to Gemporia's new range.... Shame on me for being so cynical!
Same here but I went cynically further and doubted she had actually done a course 😮😁

Wow didn't know she did one. SB trying to diversify?? 🤫
Yes, she mentioned it quite frequently. She would talk about learning the Latin names for plants etc, and not long after along came Flourish……

Yes, she mentioned it quite frequently. She would talk about learning the Latin names for plants etc, and not long after along came Flourish……
Wonder was she pushed into it. TJC have been doing similar recently.

Wonder was she pushed into it. TJC have been doing similar recently.
Oh, I wonder what the TJC staff have had to enroll in? Sales and Marketing would be helpful🤣 And would someone please take over their promo videos? They are cringeworthy 😳

Oh, I wonder what the TJC staff have had to enroll in? Sales and Marketing would be helpful🤣 And would someone please take over their promo videos? They are cringeworthy 😳
I could write a book……about how to run a business let alone shopping channel. Half of them look like they don’t want to be there.

I think at some point Kati and Hattie may realise that it’s a lot harder to launch your range when you don’t have a ‘loyal and captive audience’ to buy everything. And someone to bankroll the whole thing…..

I think at some point Kati and Hattie may realise that it’s a lot harder to launch your range when you don’t have a ‘loyal and captive audience’ to buy everything. And someone to bankroll the whole thing…..
I know Hattie has mentioned she was approached by a company to sell Destello outside of Gemporia, I am not sure she would do so well. Plenty of similar items already on the high street not to mention other shopping channels.

I know Hattie has mentioned she was approached by a company to sell Destello outside of Gemporia, I am not sure she would do so well. Plenty of similar items already on the high street not to mention other shopping channels.
I absolutely agree with you both, Gee4 and Kit10. When I started my own business 20 years ago, I started from scratch and it was a real struggle to build a customer base and get financing. Those two had everything handed to them on a silver platter and I doubt that they are really aware of how tough things are in the real world. Destello is nothing special- and that's being generous- and the competition out there is fierce

Latest posts

Back