For Heaven's Sake Alexis!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I sometimes wonder if these snooty women believe that by being condescending you will make us lesser mortals buy into these over priced skin preparations, I have always found her unwatchable and assumed she had a speech defect

I think she might have a speech defect (much as I hate that word), which makes it all the more remarkable that she has the confidence to appear on live TV. I think she deserves credit for it.

As for the mis-pronunciation, it really is minor, compared with some of the clangers (remember them?) made by the narrators on documentaries. Proper names get a good old mashing; and yes, I do shout at the TV, because I think the producers should make sure the narrators know how to say, what they are saying.

I can't comment on the wearing of short skirts, as I rarely get to see the narrators. :Smile:

I do find her annoying at times, but I certainly don't find her unwatchable. Nor am I envious of her, and her many bathrooms.

Mr E & I have lived in three houses, gaining a loo with each move. Not that an extra loo was the driving force behind our moving. In our current house, we also gained an en-suite, which I think seems to be becoming more common ( I suppose, therefore, we must be rather common, ourselves), perhaps the main bathroom becomes the childrens' bathroom, for those with a family. We have no kids, and as we prefer bathing to showering, the cats' litter trays are in the showers. So, posh cats? Maybe, but it does make the cleaning of the trays, much easier. :mysmilie_484:

I've been in shops and approached by sales assistants like Alexis, patronising with a hint of aggression, were I've just politely refused their help and gone on to a more friendly, not up their own arse assistant. I think some company's are under the impression that the more aggressive the assistant, the more authority and knowledge they have. This isn't a personal slight on Alexis I don't know her (nor would I want to) and I'm certainly not jealous of her two hours a week now and again on QVC, overpriced teeny, tiny bath products tested on animals ain't my thing, this is just my opinion of her as a sales person, she could be the most nicest woman in the world but as a salesperson, nope, not my cup of tea.

I neither like nor dislike Alexis. As far as I`m concerned she`s equal to the Estee Lauder woman in my local Debenhams, no more, no less. If I wanted to buy the brand then I`d seek information from them and if I don`t want to buy the brand then I pass them by. Selling anything these days is all about image, either real or imaginary and most of Q`s presenters and guests latch onto this. Some people fall for it, some don`t and if an expensive bar of soap makes Mrs B from Blackburn feel better, then so be it.
We watch skincare being applied to flawless faces and makeup being used on already made up faces and clothing being modelled by size 10 figures and pretend diamond jewellery being shown by close up well lit cameras and so on. The whole thing is a facade but people keep returning for more.
Alexis is just part of that facade, she tries to sell the wholesome, fragrant, financially independent, happy in her job but also juggling a family "image" we see in magazines, on reality tv shows or in the posh houses near a town such as yours and if she can flog a few thousand shower gels in the process, then it`s a job well done as far as she`s concerned.

I just cant take to her at all and it is never helped by the continual washing of hands which for some unknown reason gets on my thrupenny bits.

I'm no friend of Alexis, never met her. What a curious comment a few posts back. I just dislike the catty comments. We've all got our favourites and also those who get on our nerves. I dip in and out of here as I've done over the years but there's really a mean streak about which doesn't do anybody any favours.

And I'm glad that all these close friends of Alexis are rushing to her defence! It makes me so happy that members of her inner circle will spend their time defending her from criticism on shopping telly websites! She's a very lucky woman to have such good and faithful friends!

What a strange thing to imply. You must know more than I do. :mysmilie_15:

I think she might have a speech defect (much as I hate that word), which makes it all the more remarkable that she has the confidence to appear on live TV. I think she deserves credit for it.

As for the mis-pronunciation, it really is minor, compared with some of the clangers (remember them?) made by the narrators on documentaries. Proper names get a good old mashing; and yes, I do shout at the TV, because I think the producers should make sure the narrators know how to say, what they are saying.

I can't comment on the wearing of short skirts, as I rarely get to see the narrators. :Smile:

I do find her annoying at times, but I certainly don't find her unwatchable. Nor am I envious of her, and her many bathrooms.

Mr E & I have lived in three houses, gaining a loo with each move. Not that an extra loo was the driving force behind our moving. In our current house, we also gained an en-suite, which I think seems to be becoming more common ( I suppose, therefore, we must be rather common, ourselves), perhaps the main bathroom becomes the childrens' bathroom, for those with a family. We have no kids, and as we prefer bathing to showering, the cats' litter trays are in the showers. So, posh cats? Maybe, but it does make the cleaning of the trays, much easier. :mysmilie_484:

Your post resonated with me. We are on our 2nd family home since having the kids, with an en suite and a "downstairs cloakroom" for the first time. The "kids bathroom" has not worked out as we had hoped as their toothbrushes grew legs and suddenly appeared in our "en suite".

I don't mind Alexis at all. No need for bitchy comments about how she speaks. I think she doesn't live in the real world sometimes but maybe beauty sales are aspirational in a misguided kind of way. I don't fall for it but I guess many do. She is stunning in real life, I met her at a beauty bash a few years ago.

alexis is very pretty and a good brand ambassador for l'occitane but she does comes across as stuck up and superior but thats the same for quite a few qvc presenters and brand ambassadors. some of them not a patch on alexis lookswise or otherwise

We all have our favourite guest or presenter well maybe in my case they are few and in between. Surely if some want to vent about a particular guest that is their prerogative if a post offends you just skip it and move to the next topic - simples.

I've just realised who Alexis is. I don't warm to her but probably because the brand is useless for my sensitive skin so I don't watch much .

I noticed with the recent TSV it was hard to escape from it ,they pushed it on every show. Maybe its over exposure of Alexis. They may just as well have a L'Occitaine day then it could be totally avoided.

What a strange thing to imply. You must know more than I do. :mysmilie_15:

I'm so sorry, you're confusing implication with accusation. Bless your heart

I don't think anyone with a strong grasp of English would presume I was "implying" anything.

But is no stranger than being so upset about people critiquing a selly telly guest's attitude and selling technique on a shopping telly website that one has to constantly bang on about it, simply because you (singular) do not find that "nice". And rather than simply notifying moderators of any posts you feel contravene this site's rules, you decide to passive-aggressively bring everyone down because people are criticising this one particular person. I've seen far worse posted on here about Julia Roberts, Debbie Flint, Craig Rowe, and Jill Franks, yet you've not said a peep regarding that.

If such comments were being made on Dyson's website then I'd agree: that would be very silly because a) they don't do L'Occitaine and b) they're not concerned with selly telly and presenters. On here? Not so much.

Hugs x

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, you're confusing implication with accusation. Bless your heart

I don't think anyone with a strong grasp of English would presume I was "implying" anything.

But is no stranger than being so upset about people critiquing a selly telly guest's attitude and selling technique on a shopping telly website that one has to constantly bang on about it, simply because you (singular) do not find that "nice". And rather than simply notifying moderators of any posts you feel contravene this site's rules, you decide to passive-aggressively bring everyone down because people are criticising this one particular person. I've seen far worse posted on here about Julia Roberts, Debbie Flint, Craig Rowe, and Jill Franks, yet you've not said a peep regarding that.

If such comments were being made on Dyson's website then I'd agree: that would be very silly because a) they don't do L'Occitaine and b) they're not concerned with selly telly and presenters. On here? Not so much.

Hugs x

Ok, so let's use 'accusation' if you prefer. A groundless accusation where I'm concerned, because I don't know Alexis and I'm certainly not one of her friends.

With regard to contravening the site's rules, I'm not one to run to tell Miss. There might have been far worse posted about other presenters/guests; if so, again it wouldn't do the posters any credit.

Feel free to continue criticising Alexis if it makes your little heart feel better.

Ok, so let's use 'accusation' if you prefer. A groundless accusation where I'm concerned, because I don't know Alexis and I'm certainly not one of her friends.

With regard to contravening the site's rules, I'm not one to run to tell Miss. There might have been far worse posted about other presenters/guests; if so, again it wouldn't do the posters any credit.

Feel free to continue criticising Alexis if it makes your little heart feel better.

No, because patronising all and sundry is SO much better, yes?

And judging by your last comment, I'd guess that it is.

I like you; you're FUN :mysmilie_3:

Last edited:
Like many, there are some on qvc I warm to or dislike more than others, and folks will express their likes or dislikes on this forum, but I think it can be done without stooping to mean-spirited verbal attacks.

For my two cents worth, I think the problem with Alexis as a guest is that she appears disinterested with presenters comments and doesn't bounce off them. She delivers her spiel and doesn't want interference which makes her appear she is dealing with tedium. Does she ever smile openly, friendly. She is supposed to be friends with AY even though A slapped her but I have my doubts. Maybe she doesn't like us!

No, because patronising all and sundry is SO much better, yes?

And judging by your last comment, I'd guess that it is.

I like you; you're FUN :mysmilie_3:

Moi, patronising? Is that an accusation or an implication I wonder?!

I've only got one bathroom plus a downstairs 'cloakroom' loo & basin. I couldn't cope with any more, how do people keep multiple baths, showers and toilets clean ? They must be at it for hours a day. Where do they store all the toilet rolls, how many towels, bars of soap etc. It's all too much for me.

new money is the worse. the snobbery factor is off the scale. you know what its like to be poor so a bit of affluence and thats it..

I've only got one bathroom plus a downstairs 'cloakroom' loo & basin. I couldn't cope with any more, how do people keep multiple baths, showers and toilets clean ? They must be at it for hours a day. Where do they store all the toilet rolls, how many towels, bars of soap etc. It's all too much for me.

I rember a time when I hankered after a bigger house, now I'm thankful I don't have anything bigger to clean as I can just about manage to keep the one I have half tidy. It takes getting older to come to our senses!

I know a young girl (on apprenticeship wages) who is currently buying a 4 bedroom, 2 living room house which I imagine must have a couple (or more) bathrooms. I don't know her family circumstances as to how she can afford it but I do know she is going to be spending a hell of a lot more time cleaning it all than she presently does living with her mum.

Latest posts

Back