Oh dear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Watching the Nina Leonard show last night, its clear that there needs to be a complete rethink backstage on fashion shows. I'm staggered that comments haven't been made from the Gallery when watching the same camera angles as us at home.

Its been mentioned on here dozens of times about fashion and the plus size model; but those dressing Sophie (?) reached a new low last night. Its clear she has less than slender legs, so maxi dresses and skirts would be ideal for her to model and then larger gals would get a good idea what they themselves would look like. Dressing her in tight fitting cerise crop pants with a top that barely covered her 'privates' was unbelievable. The pants accentuated the size of her pins, and blew away the mantra to wear clothes that cover your worst 'bits'. Larger ladies would steer well clear, and I've never felt so sorry for the model to be dressed in clothes she probably wouldn't wear herself in public view - but she smiles gamely on bless her.

I didn`t see the show but they seem to squash their larger models into clothes which are way too small and try to tell us the models are a size 16/18 when plainly they`re not. I wish they`d put the poor girls into the correct sized clothing or if the brand doesn`t do sizes which will fit their plus sized girls properly, then don`t use them and say so.
I take a size 16/18 and even though the TV does add pounds I can see some of the models would certainly need a bigger size. Why do they do it I ask myself because all it does is put people off buying.

That squashing into smaller sizes seems to be a thing on QVC from the presenters to the `stylists` alike .... its been said on here recently that wearing a size too small makes you look much larger than you actually are and wearing that one size bigger looks much better!! If you look at some of the smaller models sometimes they wear cardigans and jackets that don`t meet and certainly couldn`t zip or button up I don`t understand it at all!!

One plus to this - it confirms just how a awful those of us who are a bit on the plump side will look so saves postage on returns. It is all too easy to think that if it looks good on Courtney or Tanya it will be like that when we get it home.

Also when the stuff looks dire on the nice slim tall models then what chance do we mere mortals have.

I have noticed on NL shows that the guest, Cate Bandell, is often in sizes too small. She'll say "I'm in XL or 2XL" when it's blindingly obvious she needs a 3XL. Nothing wrong with that but the clothes and the person would look so much better. As for poor Sophia, they surely have to pay her extra to go on TV looking as shocking as she does in those clothes, but when she wears a decent length skirt, boots (not ankle) and a longline top she looks lovely. Who'd be a model?

CC

I saw the larger model in a Join dress last week, it was the one shouldered Grecian dress in Royal blue, she looked absolutely stunning in it and may have made me buy it, if I wore dresses!

I saw the larger model in a Join dress last week, it was the one shouldered Grecian dress in Royal blue, she looked absolutely stunning in it and may have made me buy it, if I wore dresses!

Reviews are poor for the finishing on this dress yesilkedi but the model did look stunning. image.jpg

Although Evie seems a nice enough lady I think she looks very insipid in the Join outfits which I think proves that you need a bit of chutzpah to wear them.

It's not just selly telly. I watched a This Morning episode where Trinny (who has worn some absolutely shocking outfits on there), had stuck some poor lady in a jacket that was obviously too small, pinning it closed under her bust. Yes, I know the pinning was deliberate in order to skim her figure in an effort to flatter, but it was an epic fail.

Please, if the seams are straining, just go up a size!

Latest posts

Back