Friday's Diamonique TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I gave in and ordered. Mine has been despatched as well. Hope I like it.

I received mine today, it's okay... no sparkle due to basel setting, the "knot" is kind of away from the wrist.
I'll see if I grow to like it in the next 30 days.

Oh, I see, the knot is probably supposed to be on the outer side of the wrist, like the model was wearing, not under. It looks better this way but still no sparkle.

Oh, I see, the knot is probably supposed to be on the outer side of the wrist, like the model was wearing, not under. It looks better this way but still no sparkle.
No sparkle?? You mean it doesn't rival real diamonds, in fact look even better?? :wonder: But QVC say eek does!! :confused: More misleading advertising...

Well, Pinkpussycat, I have never owned diamonds so can't compare.
Probably as the majority of qvc customers so wouldn't know.

Mine's pretty sparkly and doesn't look chunky on my small wrist. Not 100% sure of the dangling tails though, think they might get annoying and could cheapen the look a bit. But will wear it and see how I feel. I do like the stones a lot and I don't own anything similar.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377206032067.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377206032067.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 155
Well, Pinkpussycat, I have never owned diamonds so can't compare.
Probably as the majority of qvc customers so wouldn't know.
Nobody needs to own diamonds to see the difference, just look in any jewellery shop window and you will see eek is not comparable to diamonds. There's nothing wrong with eek as costume jewellery, I own quite a lot of it myself. The point I was making is that it's misleading advertising by QVC when they state eek is indistinguishable from diamonds when it clearly is.

The stones look good, but I think it will be quite obvious when you look at the rest of me that I am not the sort of person who could/would wear real diamonds! I think that's where the 'fakery' part all falls down really, if it doesn't fit with the rest of the wearer's appearance. I'll probably only wear mine when I'm dressed up at night, would not wear it with jeans and a t-shirt as QVC suggested, I think that woudl just look silly. But each to her own!

Mines arrived too. I do like it and mine is sparkly. My concern is how robust it is - I reckon it could break quite easily. Some of the reviews online state that theirs have already broken. I will wear it and see how it goes, but I am not quite sure yet whether I will keep it.

I have a real and certified diamond ring and also an eek ring with similar sized stones. To the naked eye you cannot see the difference, but you can in the setting. I also think my small eek stud earings look real to the naked eye.

I think the TSV bracelet looks nice (I didn't buy it) but I agree that unless you wear designer jeans with crisp white shirt and designer shoes and designer bag, your hair suitably coiffed and looking immaculate straight from the salon -then the bracelet would be assumed to be fake.

The reviews are not looking good.

17 reviews - Average 2.2/5.
Hardly a ringing endorsement is it?

I have real diamonds and eek and don't wear them with designer jeans or crisp white shirt as that is not my style, i just mix and match and have had lots of compliments on both.

I think Marina is right about needing to wear it with the knot thingy on the outer side if the wrist.
When I tried it on with the knot at the back, the usual way with friendship bracelets, it wouldn't lie flat & stuck out from the wrist, just looked wrong & in danger of snapping. Putting the knot to the side it does keep close to the wrist & seems much more secure & sturdy.
It is pretty, how strong it is remains to be seen.

Latest posts

Back