Fuji camera TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
No, I'm not buying yet another Fuji TSV, I don't need one!

But in fact I wouldn't buy any camera these days that doesn't use standard AA or AAA rechargeable batteries, NOT one with a special battery as the TSV has.

You could be 1/2 way through a once-in-a-lifetime holiday, or a wedding, when the battery runs out and you aren't able to recharge it.

With AA or AAA you can have a couple in your pocket for emergency use, and you can buy them anywhere in the world, whereas the special Li-ion batteries are very expensive and difficult to find.

Just noticed they have a phone helpline, but it is very sneakily an 0844.

Most phone providers now give free 0845 and 0870 numbers, so more and more firms are changing to 0844 and 0871 so they can rake in some money.

Last edited:
I've just watched the 25 minutes video.

Not once did I see them actually show how to use the zoom lens.

Am I being cynical, or are they trying to hide the fact that it is a MANUALLY operated lens, unlike the motorised zoom lenses of their previous cameras?

In fact, they hardly showed how to use the camera at all, just spent most of the time showing photos the PROFESSIONAL photographer had taken, and saying "you could take photos as good as this". Yeah, pull the other one!

Last edited:
I don't think this is a camera you would want to buy if you just want a point & shoot. I would like it but I bought the Fuji F600 TSV last November so can't have it. Mine has the li-on battery and so I bought a spare cheaper one before we went on hols so I always had one charged ready to use.

No, I'm not buying yet another Fuji TSV, I don't need one!

But in fact I wouldn't buy any camera these days that doesn't use standard AA or AAA rechargeable batteries, NOT one with a special battery as the TSV has.

You could be 1/2 way through a once-in-a-lifetime holiday, or a wedding, when the battery runs out and you aren't able to recharge it.

With AA or AAA you can have a couple in your pocket for emergency use, and you can buy them anywhere in the world, whereas the special Li-ion batteries are very expensive and difficult to find.

I agree with you about the batteries, I have one of the first Fuji TSV's and love it.
My DD took it with her on a once in a life time trip to Tanzania and was able to buy the AA batteries EVERY where even on the side of the road miles from a town.
All of the places she stayed at had no mains power so she wouldn't have been able to charge a battery even if it only took an hour.
So I would now only ever buy a camera which used AA's/AAA's.

I found out the hard way with my first Fuji TSV that used special batteries.

I eventually bought a spare battery, but they can only be charged in the camera so once they are both flat they have to be charged one at a time.

I'm also getting fed up the the Fuji TSVs that are all very similar - Can we have an Digital SLR for a change?

I have a Fuji bridge camera that takes AA batteries but I always use rechargable as I am too mean to keep buying batteries so either way my batteries have to have a charger, I wouldn't like it though if they had to be charged in the camera that would be a pain in the butt.

Latest posts

Back