Gadget Show tests hairdryers ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think we're being conditioned to pay huge prices for things like hoovers and hair dryers. My travel Babyliss is still going strong after god knows how many years I've had it, cost about £20 and dries my hair in less than 5 minutes. No need for a £400 Dyson (or shark although I didn't even know they did hair dryers).

CC

I think we're being conditioned to pay huge prices for things like hoovers and hair dryers. My travel Babyliss is still going strong after god knows how many years I've had it, cost about £20 and dries my hair in less than 5 minutes. No need for a £400 Dyson (or shark although I didn't even know they did hair dryers).

CC
I only recently replaced a Babyliss hairdryer that I had for over 15 years and have replaced with another Babyliss one that I got from Boots for around £20. My hairdresser bought a Dyson one and she said it was rubbish and sent it back.

CC
I've a travel Babyliss too, it's fab, lightweight and has lasted many years. I think I paid £15 for mine. I use it to nearly dry my hair before I use my Babyliss big hair. I couldn't imagine paying a fortune, well to me, for a hairdryer.

It seems like Dyson hairdryers have been shown on QVC hundreds of times. Although I don't have one, I believed they were a quality product, probably due to the sales pitch of the BA. So, I'm surprised that a Shark hairdryer beat them out. Perhaps Shark will replace Dyson on QVC now. They certainly do a lot of Shark vacuum cleaner shows.

It seems like Dyson hairdryers have been shown on QVC hundreds of times. Although I don't have one, I believed they were a quality product, probably due to the sales pitch of the BA. So, I'm surprised that a Shark hairdryer beat them out. Perhaps Shark will replace Dyson on QVC now. They certainly do a lot of Shark vacuum cleaner shows.
My vacuum is a cordless Shark Hairwrap. Brilliant and all the accessories came in their own storage bag.

Totally agree with the GS being dumbed down. Anyone remember the cute Bob dishwasher they had on there? A friend bought one for her caravan and is very pleased with it. However, she's a bit less pleased with how much she paid for it compared to the identical Easy-Wash.

My American friends and family love anything shark. They have a great reputation out there. I've tried my niece's Dyson hairdryer and loved it. It did a great job on my difficult hair. Dried it quickly without burning it. I found it hot enough on the medium setting but I did use it without a nozzle to make it lighter.

I'm currently using a mini Ego travel dryer as it's so light. I've burned through a few Babyliss dryers in my time and was frankly relieved as I found them heavy and too long in the nozzle for me to handle properly. I think I might look into a travel version, though.

I'm currently using a mini Ego travel dryer as it's so light. I've burned through a few Babyliss dryers in my time and was frankly relieved as I found them heavy and too long in the nozzle for me to handle properly. I think I might look into a travel version, though.
I bought the EGO travel dryer and mini straightener set from Q yonks ago. Still going strong. Although I don’t use either that often, my hair “style” being mostly a wash it and leave it type except on special occasions.

Our hairdresser says the Dyson is a waste of money. Well it suits my DD and GD hair (already sleek and no frizz) but not mine (frizz bonce anyone). I love my Revlon One Step oval barrel brush dryer, so good I bought 4 paired with Color Wow Dreamcoat.

I didn't even know Shark did hairdryers, QVC missing a trick there.

Okay, I do own an expensive hairdryer T3 £100+ but I got it from TKMaxx for around £30+

I used to have a Boots own brand, but it blew up on me.

I didn't even know Shark did hairdryers, QVC missing a trick there.

Okay, I do own an expensive hairdryer T3 £100+ but I got it from TKMaxx for around £30+

I used to have a Boots own brand, but it blew up on me.
The Shark one only launched in October I think it was.

Latest posts

Back