Garden Pick of the Month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No thank you from me as well.

I do like solar lights in the garden and have quite a few but I wouldn’t spend that much on a light thingy that is only relevant for a couple of weeks a year and that needs plugging in.
The plugging in being a good point. All my lights are solar now for the garden or batteries and even those will be replaced.

I have a feeding station like this its very heavy cast iron and has a heavy concrete base to stop it falling over.

I've wanted one of these for ages. Might be tempted but it will cost me a fortune in food, as the birds here would go through a bag of food a day if I let them.

CC

I have a similar feeding station from RSPB. I have a battle with squirrels and although I have admired their ingenuity over the years with various feeders I've used I don't want to encourage them. I have a clear plastic squirrel baffle dome mid way up the pole that stops them climbing up. The feeding station has to be away from any trees, or walls as they will just work out how to jump onto it ! I also use seed feeders that close if any heavy bird or squirrel lands on it! The ground feeding birds (and squirrels) are ok as the birds spill lots and a cheeky magpie flies at the feeders hitting them to knock food out!

Attachments

• Squirrel Baffle.jpg
    Squirrel Baffle.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 22
I have a similar feeding station from RSPB. I have a battle with squirrels and although I have admired their ingenuity over the years with various feeders I've used I don't want to encourage them. I have a clear plastic squirrel baffle dome mid way up the pole that stops them climbing up. The feeding station has to be away from any trees, or walls as they will just work out how to jump onto it ! I also use seed feeders that close if any heavy bird or squirrel lands on it! The ground feeding birds (and squirrels) are ok as the birds spill lots and a cheeky magpie flies at the feeders hitting them to knock food out!
I managed to get a metal baffle years ago. Really works when trying to stop squirrels raiding the seeds.

I have a feeding station very similar to this. Does didn't cost me over £20 though. £14.99 from pound stretchers 2 years ago. I don't mind feeding the squirrels. We put monkey nuts out for them and the blackbirds. 🐿️

Latest posts

Back