Gardeners product of Month is Flower Power grrrr

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well it is April Fools Day so lets hope they offer us something worth buying tomorrow. RJ will be laughing anyway, all the way to the bank.

Is anyone keeping track on the prices/quantities this muck comes in? Just so there can be some way of checking 'facts' the eejits spout?

So we are gonna get every garden show in next month, with a 20 minute viewing, of a tub of Gnome's chatter hyping up his flipping own product

If it's as useless as his 'lawm magic' he can keep it, ta very much....

I can nip round the corner and have in me hot,sweaty mitt some Miracle Grow in less time than it takes for that annoying little man to finish his tedious sales talk!!:emo:

His claim that FP has the highest amount of potash of any plant food is quite irrelevent. Potash washes out of the soil very quickly so adding a lot at once, as you would do with FP, is just a waste of money. Better to use a "high street" brand and use it regularly to maintain nutrient levels in the soil. MUCH cheaper and just as good.

IMO this is one of the most blatant abuses of a product on QVC and RJ should be ashamed of himself. In fact I think more lies are told or implied on his gardening shows than on any other show. "Lies" is a strong word which I don't use lightly, but I've been gardening for 45 years and have built up a good knowledge, so when I hear some of the rubbish coming out of RJ's mouth I feel embarrassed for him. The 30 day mbg is of little use with plants etc so QVC are laughing all the way to the bank. The diff between him and Charlie Dimmock/Matt Biggs is like night and day.

rant over !

Linda xx

And don't forget we have yet another TSV to enjoy over Easter! Just what you want when the forecast is for -9c and 10 inches of snow!

Flaaaah Paaaaah-er did sod all for my plants. They certainly didn't fruit and flower like those photos RJ shows us. Would I buy it again? Like heck!

Oh my word Matthew Biggs is doing the major oversell now about Flower Power at 1pm, think he's been to the Debbie Flint school of selling.
Next week he'll be pointing and telling us to jump to the phone to order at least two.

Oh my word Matthew Biggs is doing the major oversell now about Flower Power at 1pm, think he's been to the Debbie Flint school of selling.
Next week he'll be pointing and telling us to jump to the phone to order at least two.

uh oh .. i just saw the tub with Free P&P and have ordered it... then i signed on here and read this :doh:

Hope it lives up to the hype now !!

uh oh .. i just saw the tub with Free P&P and have ordered it... then i signed on here and read this :doh:

Sorry JC please don't let my post make you feel bad, you may well get on very well with the stuff.
It's just sometimes this huge over sell of stuff, makes me rather not want to buy, that's all.

My dad buys both Flower Power and Spray n Gro, and swears by em, but ill admit he perfers to buy his plants from that shop, which has 3 letters next to it, other type shops are available, as tv peeps would say

what put me off buying flower power was when it was tested with arnie rainbow and his tomatoes they compared plants fed with flower power to unfed plants. i noticed that the very first advert on qvc and commented on that on the forum. they dont seem to use arnie anymore and his ridiculous comparison.

if you want a good value plant feed read which?

Just don't forget to wear your gardening gloves when preparing it, otherwise your fingers will be brown for a week. I won't disillusion you by commenting further on flower power.

Just don't forget to wear your gardening gloves when preparing it, otherwise your fingers will be brown for a week. I won't disillusion you by commenting further on flower power.

Thanks for the gloves tip .. and please carry on .. good to know the good and the bad :thinking:

IMHO Tricky Dicky is the most annoying presenter on TV and gives QVC such a bad name that I can't for the life of me fathom out why they give this joke so much air time. His outrageous claims (aka lies) just lower the integrity and trustworthiness of the channel. Having been taken in by his fibs a few times in the past, I will never buy anything that he's associated with.

Is it true that Richard Jackson and his 'Flower Power' are responsible for such plants as those in 'Day of the Triffids' & 'Little shop of horrors'?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address.

Latest posts

Back