Gemma Forte-Molton Brown guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bluecat

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone

On seeing that there's a Molton Brown show on today at 4pm, I remembered something interesting about the guest who usually presents it (well I thought it was interesting!). When Molton Brown first made it's welcome return to QVC with Gemma as it's brand ambassador, I kept getting the feeling that she REALLY reminded me of someone and I just couldn't think who it was (not so much directly in looks but more to do with expression/mannerisms) Anyway, one time when she was on, someone e mailed in saying the same thing and asked directly if she was related to Alex Polizzi (sp?) aka the Hotel Inspector....That's it ! I thought, as I knew that Alex is related to the Forte's of hotel chain fame...Gemma was initially really surprised that anyone had seen a resemblance, then said that they are related (cousins or Aunt and niece, I can't recall)
Just thought some of you might be interested to spot the resemblance at 4...apologies if this has already been mentioned prior to my joining....

Bluecat

She comes from an interesting family. I like Alex Polizzi and enjoy her tv programs, but Gemma drives me bananas. I dare say Molton Brown's marketing strategy is to blame for all the baloney she comes out with about Skegness via London, Bali via London... (first one I made up) but they are not to blame for the flailing hands and arms or the rest of her sales patter. She is also a published writer (not sure if it's self-published or not).

The flailing arms business really irritates me and I will switch off unless I'm really keen on the product.

Before I retired my job involved making presentations etc to clients and before I was let loose on an audience my employers sent me on a Public Speaking training course. Some of the main topics were the semaphore arms, the 'umming and arghing', how to clear your throat without having a coughing fit and pitch/speed of talking.

It appears to me that very few presenters & guests have taken advantage of such training. They should.

I don't buy Molton Brown so don't choose to listen to Gemma, something about the tone of her voice never mind the arms flying around.I would never have connected her to Alex Hotel Inspector who I much prefer.

Latest posts

Back